Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

engine broke off valve in 3rd cyclinder

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 04:49 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DasBach
I hate threads like these, these are the stories behind the reckless driving videos the Marine Corps. makes us watch.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by jth3rd
the problem was try to tune it my self and i never have used one and you know as well as i do that there are no good tuners in oklahoma
Thats not true in the slightest. You had nothing that a local dyno shop couldn't take care of. Probably someone in your own town.

every place in okc and tulsa dint have a clue how to use safc
That's just a bald faced lie.

yes im not the worlds best macanic or speller. at least i try to do stuff myself

p.s. my goal is 500hp but in till i have money for stand alone

problem is tuning, timing and headgasket size
More power to you, that's how you learn. But all you're doing now is backtracking. You've been called on the bs and you're not the first, believe me it happens alot on this forum. But again you should do about 3 months of hard reading before picking up another turbo to mount. That's not me being mean, that's serious advice. It will save you time, money and alot of headache and cuss words.

the reson for asking if it was rebuild able was with the amount of damage was not sure if it was worth rebuilding or just be cheaper to get a another motor
Which tells a great deal about where you're skill level is at mechanically and is why you're gonna get murdered saying you're gonna build this "worlds fastest SC". Asking advice about needing a rebuild is one thing, claiming bs like you have right underneath it is hysterical.

Look what's happened is you turboed your first car (tell me im wrong), and blew it. Pure inexperience, that's it, not stupidity. Driving a stock chassis car however fast you were really going was stupid. You've been caught up in all this 2jz god motor hype. The youtube, the dyno vids, the hp numbers from the top shops around the country.... etc and you want to be a part of it. Chill out for the next few months and do some actual research and reading, you won't want the worlds fastest SC after that. By all means build another turbo SC, their awesome cars, and this community will give loads upon loads of help and advice (the ones that actually know lol). But just keep the bs to a minimum. Deal?
Old 01-26-09, 05:18 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure if I cought this but what motor was this on? Ive been in an SC at 160. Did all your warning lights come on?
Old 01-26-09, 05:37 PM
jth3rd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry duble post v

Last edited by jth3rd; 01-26-09 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-26-09, 05:58 PM
jth3rd
Rookie

Originally Posted by DasBach
I hate threads like these, these are the stories behind the reckless driving videos the Marine Corps. makes us watch. sorry im still learn how stupid i am

Thats not true in the slightest. You had nothing that a local dyno shop couldn't take care of. Probably someone in your own town.
(yep i was just to stupid to relize that i can't do everything.)

the only dyno that had my car was hpperformanceparts and they couldnt
figure out the injectors and that just made me not trust any dynos in okc, tulsa
(gave me a bad tast becuase how much i payed and them not be able to fix it)

Look what's happened is you turboed your first car (tell me im wrong), and blew it (yes) .Pure inexperience yes should of had pro do it, (no that was caused by one cylinder leaning out at melting. the only way that could of been pervented is by knowing that a injector stopped working because all 1,2,3,5,6 cylinders are fine not heat worped or cracked)

Driving a stock chassis car however fast you were really going was stupid (no realy realy stupid)

You've been caught up in all this 2jz (not god) just how much hp a I6 motor can handle). The youtube yep , the dyno vids, the hp numbers from the top shops around the country.... etc and you want to be a part of it (dead on).

Chill out for the next few months and (do some actual research and reading i have been from the beging all
my info is from clubna-t, mr turbo,persicion, xspower and bean) you won't want the worlds fastest SC after that.(we all want the fastest) but ya i get your point )By all means build another turbo SC, their awesome cars, and this community will give loads upon loads of help and advice (heres good for tires wheels and body kits but not for power thats what na-t is for) (the ones that actually know lol). But just keep the bs to a minimum( i invented a warpdrive lol). Deal (yes. i didnt invent a warpdrive sorry)

Last edited by jth3rd; 01-26-09 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-26-09, 06:44 PM
jth3rd
Rookie

im just going to do what i use to do motorcycles faster, cheaper and still get
30 mpg.

and the zx14 runs faster for less money

and cost $12,399

main reson over all ive all ways loved them

but thanks to every one for there help and saport

p.s. for sale turbo kit and 2jzge motor for parts

cheak ebay i about 2 days

Last edited by jth3rd; 01-26-09 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-27-09, 05:22 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Seriuosly man before you go off with the big mouth, your "breakdown" list of parts isn't even close. You blew amotor with 275 max hp due to your mechanical ability, and now you think you're ready for a world record? Gotta love the enthusiasm and I wish you luck with it but like I said on NA-T you need to take a step back and rethink this. I would seriously not talk any more about "world fastest" anything right now..... when you're asking if a motor is rebuildable. Not to mention you couldn't do some simple troubleshooting to figure out what was wrong with your car like a month ago. Yes I am being a ***** as usual but take it for what it's worth. Make a realistic goal and build yourself a nice weekend warrior that will tank 99% of the cars out there and besafe in the process instead of building a 170 MPH death trap that endangers yourself and others.
i like this answer

im just going to do what i use to do motorcycles faster, cheaper and still get
30 mpg.

and the zx14 runs faster for less money

and cost $12,399

main reson over all ive all ways loved them

but thanks to every one for there help and saport

p.s. for sale turbo kit and 2jzge motor for parts

cheak ebay i about 2 days
so lets see...you dont know how to work on a car and now youre getting on a bike? if youre gonna be stupid about it at least do it on 4 wheels inside a car.

btw dont post stuff like "my stuff will be on ebay soon" forum rules. no can do

good luck to you and dont kill yourself.

btw i have taken my NA SC on stances to 160 or damn near it and it felt solid as a rock. it was probably about 152-155 but still felt good

nothing beats doing 45-200 in a C6 Z06 though.
Old 01-27-09, 06:08 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

^^ i think that you spent some real time, money and, most importantly, TUNING your car to run those speeds without breaking a sweat.

Let's just leave him alone and let him do his thing
Old 01-27-09, 07:38 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

what happened to the youtube video? I wanted to see the details of this circumstance. Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with whatever you choose to do .