Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

problem engine light is on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 06:39 PM
jvsc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question problem engine light is on!!!

I was a week ago where the mechanic to fix me a leak of oil in the engine. he wash the engine and from there the engine light is on .not yet been removed the light. which will be the problem?
Old 01-29-09, 06:41 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see you have an issue that is engine related. Where do you think this thread belongs? I'll take care of it for you this time. Next time it will be deleted. Thank you.

Old 01-30-09, 05:13 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

it could be a number of problems. Get a paper clip, put one end in diagnostic port E1 and the other end in TE1, turn the key to the ON position and count the engine light flashes.
Old 01-30-09, 06:46 AM
Tony320
Rookie

Originally Posted by StiCk3
it could be a number of problems. Get a paper clip, put one end in diagnostic port E1 and the other end in TE1, turn the key to the ON position and count the engine light flashes.
That really works? interesting, I never knew.
Old 01-30-09, 07:48 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tony320
That really works? interesting, I never knew.
Yes, however this is only for OBDI vechicles (SC years 92-95). OBDII needs a scan tool in order to pull codes. Any auto parts store can do this for free.

For reading the CEL flashes there should be a set on one flashes each seperated by about half a second or so. After that there should be a small gap of about a second or so. Then another set of flahses will go off. If there are multiple codes there will be about a 2-3 second delay in the flashes.

Example: with the paper clip in mentioned above, blink-blink-blink small gap blink-blink-blink-blink will mean code 34. If you do a search on goolge on Toyota OBDI trouble codes you can then decipher what the code is saying and what the problem area might be. This might not be 100% right as i have only done it once on another vehicle (mine is OBDII) so someone correct me if i've missed anything.

EDIT: link to codes and how to retrieve them: http://www.troublecodes.net/Toyota/

Last edited by StiCk3; 01-30-09 at 07:52 AM. Reason: adding link
Old 01-30-09, 03:20 PM
jvsc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StiCk3
Yes, however this is only for OBDI vechicles (SC years 92-95). OBDII needs a scan tool in order to pull codes. Any auto parts store can do this for free.

For reading the CEL flashes there should be a set on one flashes each seperated by about half a second or so. After that there should be a small gap of about a second or so. Then another set of flahses will go off. If there are multiple codes there will be about a 2-3 second delay in the flashes.

Example: with the paper clip in mentioned above, blink-blink-blink small gap blink-blink-blink-blink will mean code 34. If you do a search on goolge on Toyota OBDI trouble codes you can then decipher what the code is saying and what the problem area might be. This might not be 100% right as i have only done it once on another vehicle (mine is OBDII) so someone correct me if i've missed anything.

EDIT: link to codes and how to retrieve them: http://www.troublecodes.net/Toyota/

hey man whats up!! thanx a lot man....1 more question where is the EFI fuse located on my car? lol i want to reset the ecu....
Old 01-30-09, 06:18 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its in the engine bay.Right behind the battery theres a box.Use a coin ,unscrew the cap,and look at the scematics .Its a green 30 amp fuse.