Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What do you think of this turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 08:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by EL MOSTRO
thank you sir. Thas what i was trying to say...stock 2jz can make up to 340hp just stock, then some injectors, intercooler and put the stock twins up to 18 psi we talking almost 380hp..trust me i see it before
I went from GE to 1jz to now usdm 2jzgte and if I had to do it all over again I would have built a stout na-t. I'm not going to knock na-t. The GE motor can handle the same power as the GTE. I know a few 1.5JZ motors using GE bottoms and taking daily abuse above the 500hp range. My only suggestion for na-t is to do headgasket obviously and tune with AEM and that's it. Other options would include fuel upgrade but depends on power and then transmission stuff etc. Yes gte motors are cheap but unless you're swapping it yourself it adds up really quick with wiring and labor etc.
Old 02-10-09, 09:07 AM
EL MOSTRO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
i went from ge to 1jz to now usdm 2jzgte and if i had to do it all over again i would have built a stout na-t. I'm not going to knock na-t. The ge motor can handle the same power as the gte. I know a few 1.5jz motors using ge bottoms and taking daily abuse above the 500hp range. My only suggestion for na-t is to do headgasket obviously and tune with aem and that's it. Other options would include fuel upgrade but depends on power and then transmission stuff etc. Yes gte motors are cheap but unless you're swapping it yourself it adds up really quick with wiring and labor etc.
you got a good point...
Old 02-10-09, 09:09 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo?
ya but 2jzgte motors are pretty cheap, and its got alot of bang for its buck... you drop the motor in your car slap an intercooler kit and play with the boost. and if you want more you have the proper motor to do it! thats what hes saying. I find the capabilitys of the stock i6 in the SC300 i find cant handle much or do much with it. 2jzgte is easy power for your money so is the 1jz.
both motors are amazing compared to the n/a motors

The GE has the same block, rods, and crank as the GTE. People have made plenty of power on GE motors (Josh @ FSM made over 700 with just a GTE headgasket and ARP head studs, and would've made more without ignition issues). Ebanks made 980 through a powerglide with a built GE setup.

But you're right, they suck and can't handle much, why would you want to make 700 on a motor you already have and not worry about it when you could make 350 and be able to brag about having a twin turbo Supra motor.
Old 02-10-09, 03:34 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnar

The GE has the same block, rods, and crank as the GTE. People have made plenty of power on GE motors (Josh @ FSM made over 700 with just a GTE headgasket and ARP head studs, and would've made more without ignition issues). Ebanks made 980 through a powerglide with a built GE setup.

But you're right, they suck and can't handle much, why would you want to make 700 on a motor you already have and not worry about it when you could make 350 and be able to brag about having a twin turbo Supra motor.
Stop it gunnar, you're going to take away my daily laugh. I was wanting to see how far it went.
Old 02-11-09, 06:31 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Turbo?
ya but 2jzgte motors are pretty cheap, and its got alot of bang for its buck... you drop the motor in your car slap an intercooler kit and play with the boost. and if you want more you have the proper motor to do it! thats what hes saying. I find the capabilitys of the stock i6 in the SC300 i find cant handle much or do much with it. 2jzgte is easy power for your money so is the 1jz.
both motors are amazing compared to the n/a motors
...................... (elipses) !!!!!!

WHAT!!!!! INTERNET RAGE!!!!!!

There is a staggering amount of things you need to unfu*k in your post.
Old 02-12-09, 08:02 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lemmiewink
There is a staggering amount of things you need to unfu*k in your post.
I just laughed out loud at work.
Old 02-12-09, 08:14 AM
craaaazzy
Lead Lap

i'm going to unsubscribe myself from this thread before i become dumber.
Old 02-12-09, 10:59 PM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Yeah man pull your motor and drop it right back in. That's where the power is.
GE motors are factory set to Explode at 451 horsepower. Trust him man... he's seen it