Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

in need of serious help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-09, 09:06 PM
flipboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its the o2 sensor shouldnt the check engine light show up? we tried running witout the o2 sensor and the check engine light lit up as soon as we started it...
Old 02-26-09, 05:36 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipboi
if its the o2 sensor shouldnt the check engine light show up? we tried running witout the o2 sensor and the check engine light lit up as soon as we started it...
The car will do much crazier things since you have it sensing the same amount of o2 before and after the "cat" by having them hooked into the same sensor, the computer is attempting to adjust the ratio between the two but is getting a constant reading that is always the same between both sensors. Big no-no, you could see how that could trip the computer out.

As far as how it was running right before, im not sure, the sensor might have been just functional enough for it to work for a while, but even if you dont get the light, your still killing your horsepower, at the least killing your gas mileage since the computer can tell whats going on after the gasses leave the engine.

Unhook your post o2 sensor from the presensor wiring, and see what happens, you could even unhook them all together, if you notice any difference, change the Pre-o2's and put some sim's in.
Old 02-26-09, 08:27 AM
flipboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
The car will do much crazier things since you have it sensing the same amount of o2 before and after the "cat" by having them hooked into the same sensor, the computer is attempting to adjust the ratio between the two but is getting a constant reading that is always the same between both sensors. Big no-no, you could see how that could trip the computer out.

As far as how it was running right before, im not sure, the sensor might have been just functional enough for it to work for a while, but even if you dont get the light, your still killing your horsepower, at the least killing your gas mileage since the computer can tell whats going on after the gasses leave the engine.

Unhook your post o2 sensor from the presensor wiring, and see what happens, you could even unhook them all together, if you notice any difference, change the Pre-o2's and put some sim's in.
uh wats a sim's? sorry if this is a noob question
Old 02-26-09, 08:56 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

02 simulator. have you unhooked your mas to see if there was a change? Have you pulled the spark plug to verify it is gas?

I am willing to bet it is the 02 sensors since you are saying when you get on the gas it runs normally. However my other thought is that if the #4 is the ONLY plug that is wet your injector could be leaking.
Old 02-26-09, 09:13 AM
flipboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
02 simulator. have you unhooked your mas to see if there was a change? Have you pulled the spark plug to verify it is gas?

I am willing to bet it is the 02 sensors since you are saying when you get on the gas it runs normally. However my other thought is that if the #4 is the ONLY plug that is wet your injector could be leaking.
no i havent done since i started this thread casue of school but i will get on it saterday... and where can i get a simulator... and im sure its not the mass at all cause i used the old mass and out it in my other sc and its running fine... but i will make sure to check what u said when i get started on it again
Old 03-01-09, 12:51 PM
flipboi
Lead Lap

hmmm we tried working on it again this weekend and no luck.. seems like the injectors are stuck on open... we disconnected the ground for them which suppose to kill the car but it didnt.. this much b an electrical issue.. i think im jsut gonna give up on it and do a 1jz swap since its easier and cheaper than the 2jzgte swap
Old 03-03-09, 10:13 AM
704sc300
Driver School Candidate

hmmm mine is doing the exact same thing lol
Old 03-12-09, 09:58 AM
704sc300
Driver School Candidate

Problem solved!!!! I replace the ecu and everything is normal now, no more ultra rich condition, car stop smoking
Old 03-12-09, 10:43 PM
flipboi
Lead Lap

tyvm ^^ well im gonna try that b4 i do my swap just to check if i have a reliable motor to turn to if anything goes wrong wit the swap
Old 08-30-09, 02:59 PM
onejapman
Pole Position

so did replacing the ecu work for u?
Old 02-07-10, 06:12 PM
flipboi
Lead Lap

nope, we went ahead and used the old motor as part for my other sc, and were gonna do the swap instead of keep looking for the problem, but i talked to one of my friends who is a mechanic at a toyota dealership and said it should b the traction control system or the throttle body that messed up when i locked the brakes