Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need help fixing/swapping SC400 starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-09 | 06:27 PM
atx
Rookie

That's a good question, and probably one only the mechanic can answer. He didn't charge me for the time he spent replacing the injector, so maybe he knew he shouldn't have removed them and disrupted the seals. Either way, everything seems to be running great now and I'm happy.

I just wish the extra spending money I had laying around could have gone towards that plasma TV I had been eying the past few weeks instead of this mess...
Old 03-12-09 | 10:37 AM
wwy059
Driver School Candidate

When doing this you should leave the fuel rail attached. He pulled it because he didn't know it looks like the way to go when doing it. Those seals are often cooked and break and is best to change them out but a lot easier to attach the fuel rail on the bench and not in the car. It's a pita to say the least. I just rebuilt my engine and the injectors are all the same. I went out and double checked my extra set of injectors and they are all the same. You probably didn't need a new injector just the seals. he most likely pulled the fuel rail because it looks harder to pull the wires off but it's not the fuel rail is a pita to fit in the car and if isn't right it can leak fuel. The whole job is a pain. At least you have it fixed now. The guy probably learned this the hard way and will remember it for the next time. After I put my engine in the back water bridge was leaking and I had to pull all of this to get to it and made the same mistake your mechanic did but I learned. I pulled the intake back off to set the fuel rail properly. If you don't get the injectors just right they will leak. Just be glad it's over.