Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Quick water pump question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 02:02 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick water pump question

My water pump is leaking so i went to autozone to order one, but the man asked if it was a 11 or 10 mounting hole one so imma ask you guys. I have a 1995 sc300 dont know if it makes a difference but yeah which one is it?
Old 03-06-09, 05:42 PM
93twintrbo
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I personally wouldnt put an autozone water pump on my car unless I absolutely had to in an emergency situation. Get a oem pump it will last allot longer. I am pretty sure that there is only one option for a water pump for that year. BTW what brand is it?
Old 03-06-09, 09:06 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

The pump has a limited lifetime warantee, plus its cheap and im planning a swap next year so i dont think i have to worry about how long itll last. Anyways how many holes?
Old 03-07-09, 06:39 AM
kpax478
Driver School Candidate

DON`T BUY A WATER PUMP FROM AUTO ZONE, WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU WILL BE INSTALLING ANOTHER. WHEN THEY SAY LIFETIME IT MEANS YOU WILL BE REPLACING IT SEVERAL MORE TIMES DURING THE LIFE OF THE CAR. I found a GMB pump on flea bay and never had another problem, it`s been on over a year or so. They had another brand ITM never heard of it, no neg. feed back so it must be ok. Believe what I say about auto zone parts because I can give a testimony about the quality. Or you can just do a Google.
Old 03-07-09, 07:08 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kpax478
DON`T BUY A WATER PUMP FROM AUTO ZONE, WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU WILL BE INSTALLING ANOTHER. WHEN THEY SAY LIFETIME IT MEANS YOU WILL BE REPLACING IT SEVERAL MORE TIMES DURING THE LIFE OF THE CAR. I found a GMB pump on flea bay and never had another problem, it`s been on over a year or so. They had another brand ITM never heard of it, no neg. feed back so it must be ok. Believe what I say about auto zone parts because I can give a testimony about the quality. Or you can just do a Google.
not ture..I have installed several water pumps from auto zone, and had zero problems for a couple years..

everyone is going to have different experiences, but you have to keep in mind that you get what you pay for..that includes on flea bay. I have had more parts fail from ebay than auto zone, not to mention if something does go wrong, auto zone is LOCAL..no shipping= less down time

count the number of bolts holding you water pump in place
Old 03-07-09, 09:44 AM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Ok, when dealing with autozone and their lifetime warrenties. You gotta realize how much work it is to actually take out and install the waterpump.

You gotta take off the crank pully. Timing belt. etc...

Thats if you are only replacing the front part.

If you need a water pump and you don't buy it from toyota. Look for the brand AISIN. They ARE OEM, but for some reason you can get them independantly from the dealer.

The 11 and 10 bolt question. You can only use either/or. Not both. I'm not exactly sure which one you need.
Old 03-07-09, 03:41 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

i gotta check it but i dont get how a water pump would be 10 or 11 holes when its the saem exact motor. Thanks for all the replies