Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Little teaser - You SC400 guys will enjoy this even more!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 08:30 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Noticed the Clutch master slave cyl hiding... very exciting!
Old 03-31-09, 08:35 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeBreyck
You drove it?

haha, YOU drove it.... whatever. It was driven home. Just need to get a new master cylinder so I can enjoy it.
Old 03-31-09, 09:55 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA I am holding pictures hostage muahahah. Won't post till complete maybe take a vid of the car in action and its 5 speedness. Expect Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Got those clearance shots some of you are looking for and what we had to cut in the drive line tunnel. Need to finish the interior and take the final shots of that also. Start drooling Club Lexus members.....
Old 03-31-09, 10:10 PM
drifter x
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
HAHA I am holding pictures hostage muahahah. Won't post till complete maybe take a vid of the car in action and its 5 speedness. Expect Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Got those clearance shots some of you are looking for and what we had to cut in the drive line tunnel. Need to finish the interior and take the final shots of that also. Start drooling Club Lexus members.....
already am...
Old 04-01-09, 01:00 AM
OMD
Pole Position

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! I seem to be seeing alot of teasers lately here in CL!!!

PICSORBAN!!!! haha j/k..

can't wait man...
Old 04-01-09, 07:15 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Congrats on getting the swap finished! I'm curious to find out how the pedal feel is with that Howe TOB. Looking for an SC4 right now, first major mod will be 5spd swap so I'm eager to hear all of your impressions.
Old 04-01-09, 08:32 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another manual SC400! Super! Good stuff!

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
cluster will work fine. No idea on what the PRND2L will do, but I think I am just going to remove the bulbs since it will be useless anyways.
My "R" lights up when I put it in Reverse, otherwise dark.

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
if thats the case place a strip of black electric tape from the inside/back of the cluster. paint seems like alot of work.

LOL comes from the guy that scraped his paint to move the redline up (I like that mod BTW) Since when did you start complaining about a lot of work? I seen your custom catch can.
Old 04-01-09, 11:16 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Hey... Havent wired up the reverse lights or speedo yet (doh)... but... I drove the car 40miles back to my apartment... no issues except that I am really rusty... as in I never owed a manual car! But never stalled it... even with my clutch, the car is very forgiving.

Its awesome... cannot wait til its broken in... likes to slip a little

Interior is torn to **** right now.... car is drty... filled with crap etc... I know what next on my list... put it back how it was a week ago, lol.

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 04-01-09 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 12:38 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats man! Before I got the 300 I kind of wanted to get a 400 and manualize it. Should be fun as hell to drive once that clutch is broken in!!!
Old 04-02-09, 06:21 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Thats shiat was a pain in the ***. Matt had to change the height on the threaded bolt. Wouldn't fully engage then it would partially engage. The foot rest on the side needs to be removed because you can't fit your foot in there without it possibly getting stuck. Clutch is slipping hopefully it wears in or we have a issue......
Old 04-02-09, 06:36 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
Thats shiat was a pain in the ***. Matt had to change the height on the threaded bolt. Wouldn't fully engage then it would partially engage. The foot rest on the side needs to be removed because you can't fit your foot in there without it possibly getting stuck. Clutch is slipping hopefully it wears in or we have a issue......

Clutch is fine.. pedal needs to be adjusted still. Need an actual standoff thats M8

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 04-02-09 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-02-09, 07:01 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you guys talking pedal travel height??? Na leave it by the floor. I love just flicking the ankle to shift. Plus then no one can drive it nor asks you.

Can't wait to see the pics!!!
Old 04-02-09, 07:19 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
Are you guys talking pedal travel height??? Na leave it by the floor. I love just flicking the ankle to shift. Plus then no one can drive it nor asks you.

Talking about even just engaging the clutch... the rod had to be modded for the MK3 pedals.... without modification, wouldn't go in gear with the car idling.
Old 04-02-09, 05:01 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY

Yeah try driving the car like I did and nearly getting your foot stuck in between the floor and the pedal. Yeah don't think so.
Old 04-02-09, 07:32 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is really pissing me of no picks or vids lmao it must be fun but i can compain i have tons of stuff in my garage lo i cant wait to see ur vid please take it throught a corner fast at high RPM I WANNT HEAR THAT MOTOR THOSE NUR SPEC and the B m0th****!N F.I lol roar

Quick Reply: Little teaser - You SC400 guys will enjoy this even more!