Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can you guess whats comming up soon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 11:38 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

the exhaust housing is gonna be swapped out with a smaller one. for better spoolage! secondly that bad boy wont be going straight on. i will swap the gte and get it running perfect first in stock form before modding it
Old 04-06-09, 12:28 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
the exhaust housing is gonna be swapped out with a smaller one. for better spoolage! secondly that bad boy wont be going straight on. i will swap the gte and get it running perfect first in stock form before modding it
I'd go ahead and swap the single while the motor is out. It will save you the headache later on.
Old 04-06-09, 01:05 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1. If you have that, don't bother with the twins.
Old 04-06-09, 01:11 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OneJay
i think he wants to ensure the engine running good before he mods it. like anyone with sense should do if they're swapping a motor into a car that requires a little more than nuts and bolts.
Old 04-06-09, 01:24 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

good luck with your project... lets see a write up after!
Old 04-06-09, 01:47 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by codetoad
i think he wants to ensure the engine running good before he mods it. like anyone with sense should do if they're swapping a motor into a car that requires a little more than nuts and bolts.
If he wasn't such a cockmongler I wouldn't be giving him $h!t lol.

Hey Pirooz, you owe me monies! Gimme! And call me! My classes are hella easy this quarter. I miss you babe!
Oh and you could give me your twins instead of the monies you owe me. I want ct20's!
Old 04-06-09, 02:14 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
I'd go ahead and swap the single while the motor is out. It will save you the headache later on.
Originally Posted by OneJay
Obviously with him not having a job, he must of got it at a bargain price, so while it may be ginormous and probably not perfect for his application, i'm sure it will work fine and more importantly it wont break his wallet.

ya know some people on here are quick to bash/flame other people for what they do / how they spend their money, and then they try to crack an egg of knowledge on someone, and usually are wrong themselves.

yes the turbo is large, but its not so big it's useless. don't act like we haven't seen 2jz turbo setups that dwarf that one.
i cannot tell you how many people i have seen that mod an engine before they swap it in stock form, then if something goes wrong you have no idea where to start looking for the problem. one of my friends that does insane engine swaps, an ae86 with a 20b triple rotor for example, he swapped it stock form got it running and then swapped the turbo to a massive single. its just for the sake of getting the engine working perfectly then starting with mods.
Old 04-06-09, 04:55 PM
defrag010
Driver

Good luck finding a smaller hotside for that holset. Honestly, your best bet is going to be to find a 14cm or 16cm housing from a smaller HX and have it machined to fit your turbine wheel.
Old 04-06-09, 04:57 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by defrag010
Good luck finding a smaller hotside for that holset. Honestly, your best bet is going to be to find a 14cm or 16cm housing from a smaller HX and have it machined to fit your turbine wheel.
way ahead of all you guys thinking about getting a smaller exhaust side, the h1c exhaust side bolts up and is smaller. it allows for better spooling on smaller engines.
Old 04-06-09, 05:00 PM
defrag010
Driver

That turbo has the same turbine inducer/exducer as a H1C? That's good that a H1C housing will bolt up because there are alot of sizes to choose from, but you still might have to have the housing machined to fit the turbine wheel.
Old 04-06-09, 05:06 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by defrag010
That turbo has the same turbine inducer/exducer as a H1C? That's good that a H1C housing will bolt up because there are alot of sizes to choose from, but you still might have to have the housing machined to fit the turbine wheel.
turbine wheel from h1c, and the inducer from my turbo. done, its already been test fitted.
Old 04-06-09, 05:06 PM
defrag010
Driver

Werd. What is the model of that turbo anyways? If it's not a HX, I'm thinking maybe H2E or H2D?

2jzlex,I was in Tulsa, but I moved to Houston and haven't changed my profile information
Old 04-06-09, 07:18 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoarerAZ
seriously..WTF just happened to this thread? IBTL anyone?
Yes, what did happen to this thread??

2JZLEX, 2.5TSoarer, and the rest of the members that decided to egg these guys on, you really need to be more respectful towards other members and respect their ideas. Seriously, if you guys have nothing to say just keep it off the forum.

Lets go ahead and keep this on topic. Rude comments will not be tolerated. Next violater gets it.
Old 04-06-09, 07:36 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like I'm late for the show, Who wants infractions?

Looks like this thread needs some serious cleanup! Wow I dont even know where to start. Wow! Disrespect, name calling profanity! You guys are better than this!

JspecSC3, since you got here first you want to do some spring cleaning?
Old 04-06-09, 08:34 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
JspecSC3, since you got here first you want to do some spring cleaning?
Done deal!

Quick Reply: Can you guess whats comming up soon?