Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Video - 1992 SC400 > W58 Conversion...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 08:14 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
Hmm, I wasn't aware that the 1JZ was a Ricers thing. Thanks for clearing that up !

haha. I love CL
Old 04-09-09, 02:04 PM
JakeBreyck
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the 1JZ was a Ricers thing. Thanks for clearing that up !
eh your reading what you want to read, thats not at all what i said. I said its a motor every ricer knows about.

K20s arnt at all a ricer thing but they can twist a older civic or crx into a hella sleeper but pop the hood and every jackass with his hat on sideways can properly tell you what it is.

1jzs are still guttless
Old 04-09-09, 02:22 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey wanna run my gutless car ?
Old 04-09-09, 03:05 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Haha I was waiting for that line. Wait till Jake can play the boost game and then he will change his mind lol.
Old 04-09-09, 03:16 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Every ricer that has ever asked me what engine I have whether the hood is up or down at the time has always been "is that a 2JZ in there?'
Old 04-09-09, 03:20 PM
JakeBreyck
Pole Position

Sure no prob. Ill be at sebring next month and road atlanta mid summer might hit holmstead later in the year. so take your pick. sebring is closest but road atlanta is a lot more fun.

I always get asked if i have a 1jz even with my hood up.
Old 04-09-09, 03:26 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeBreyck
Well if want a gutless car unless your winding the crap out of it, but every ricer sees the motor and drools because its what they've heard of, then go for the 1jz
lol 1jz gutless? if you call 1500rpms winding a car out then i don't know what to tell you, but my old auto 1jz SC would break my new 275's loose at 1500rpms that was stock everything with a boost controller at 14psi..

the 1jz twins fully spool at such low rpms..

I love 1uz's but no reason to bash the 1jz.. you obviously have never ridden or drove any 1jz sc's
Old 04-09-09, 03:31 PM
Yahoo27
Driver

Great job, let see some vids ripping through the gears :P
hrmmm ...i wonder how hard it would be to swap a 1uz in to my 5spd
Old 04-09-09, 03:39 PM
JakeBreyck
Pole Position

actually my comments are direct from riding in a 1jz supra a few weeks back it did have a sorta large single turbo, but cruising at about 35 in 3th (don't know the rpm) he punches it, and the car does not do anything but sorta barley accelerate, my car at that situation will put you in the seat then start breaking the tires free. it was a low 12sec car. so I'm not saying the car in all situations is slow. but the just gas and go it had nothing.

yes i agree they can make power and they are not bad motors. Nore do i think they are actually ricer in anyway. but they are down on displacement. and sense all I've ever heard about the UZ series motor is that they are crap and i disagree strongly ill let you guys have back what i got. I love the fact you guys are so bent out of shape about this :-)
Old 04-09-09, 03:57 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aka paco
lol 1jz gutless? if you call 1500rpms winding a car out then i don't know what to tell you, but my old auto 1jz SC would break my new 275's loose at 1500rpms that was stock everything with a boost controller at 14psi..

the 1jz twins fully spool at such low rpms..

I love 1uz's but no reason to bash the 1jz.. you obviously have never ridden or drove any 1jz sc's
The guy starts making some parts for the v8 now everything else sucks.

Sure no prob. Ill be at sebring next month and road atlanta mid summer might hit holmstead later in the year. so take your pick. sebring is closest but road atlanta is a lot more fun.

I always get asked if i have a 1jz even with my hood up.
wow you must encounter some REAL motorheads if they look at your engine with no turbo in site and think its a 1J.
Their is a Tampa Track day coming up at the lakeland 1/8 truck, no need to drive that far my friend.

actually my comments are direct from riding in a 1jz supra a few weeks back it did have a sorta large single turbo, but cruising at about 35 in 3th (don't know the rpm) he punches it, and the car does not do anything but sorta barley accelerate, my car at that situation will put you in the seat then start breaking the tires free. it was a low 12sec car. so I'm not saying the car in all situations is slow. but the just gas and go it had nothing.

yes i agree they can make power and they are not bad motors. Nore do i think they are actually ricer in anyway. but they are down on displacement. and sense all I've ever heard about the UZ series motor is that they are crap and i disagree strongly ill let you guys have back what i got. I love the fact you guys are so bent out of shape about this :-)
I don't see anyone bent out of shape people usually stick up for what they have.

not going to comment anymore and ruin Matts thread, carry on.

Last edited by 2.5tsoarer; 04-09-09 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-09-09, 10:04 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lol... thanks guys... Um... I learned I can spin 2nd. woot.
Old 04-09-09, 10:44 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The guy starts making some parts for the v8 now everything else sucks.

lol yeah for real..

let's look at the engine specs and see how gutless a 1jz is

a bone stock 1jz is rated about 280hp @ 6200rpms & 280tq @ 2400rpms gutless lol) not bad for a 2.5 huh that's what happens with tiny turbo's and ceramic internals it was ment to be torquey

compared to early model SC400
250hp @ 5600rpm and 260tq @ 4400rpms

now for the sake of argument we can bring in the 1uzfe VVTI in the 98+ 400's 290 HP @ 6,000 rpm 300 ft lb @ 4,000 rpm

nice #'s on the VVTI 1uzfe that most people don't have, but those #'s still wouldn't be enough for a stock 1jz with a $10 boost controller.

now i can completely understand riding in a 1jz with a big single, i'm sure it did feel gutless out of boost. but lets face it, any 1jz with a turbo big enough to cause that, isn't going to be worried about a SC400 once boost comes on..

sorry for cluttering up the thread with off topic, I think 1uz's are great and honestly i'm seriously thinking about selling my 300 to do a manual 400 now, i've already had a 1jz it was great, but i love the v8 sound.

let's not hate, 2jz ge gte 1uz 1jz these are all great motors and fit different needs..

about the race, i honestly feel a straight line race will sum up who's motor has bigger *****, if you want to race around a track that will have more to do with driver, suspension.
Old 04-09-09, 11:15 PM
Slade
Pole Position

Give you props for hard work and dedication! Nice steering wheel btw.
Old 04-10-09, 09:51 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

The cure for this is a M90 which puts out boost after 2.4M RPM. Just kidding, not going to enter this war.

Matt, send me an email with a parts list if you can. I would like to order your friends plate after this pay check and pretty much duplicate your setup. I'd appreciate your help!
Old 04-10-09, 11:02 AM
JakeBreyck
Pole Position

you guys where totally takeing me way to seriously. I did state i think the 1jz is a good motor. but you two where to busy to be heated to knotice that.

takeing a 4.0 out tho to put in a 2.5 is kinda um

the cost of a stock 1jz installed into a sc400 you could have a monster of a car by upgradeing the 1uz

we can look at all kinds of ways. If its a 300, by all means swap it.

but i can say my car hangs with a lot of cars that have muti thousand $ mods after my bairly $1000 mod i did.

oh and i dont wake up in the morning for races that are timed only in seconds

Quick Reply: Video - 1992 SC400 > W58 Conversion...