Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc400 kickdown lag

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-09, 12:29 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post luxury takeoff

there is a thread somewhere from the guy who mentioned red/black wire pin 13 mod. but our cars trans does a little slipping to have a luxury takeoff as apposed to the back end droppin from the power takeoff. it even does it a little on shifts. disconnecting that pin stops the solenoid that controls that feature from working. you can unplug it first on the tranny but it will throw a trans code and your o/d light will be flicking. but if you try the unplug and like it plug it back up to get rid of the flicker'n light and then cut the wire or put it on a switch. i think you will still get a code but its just that a code. i think thats pretty much it but check the thread to be sure. sorry i dont remember the guys screen name but its his find credit to him for that.
Old 04-13-09, 12:36 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like im cutting wires this weekend!!!!, is it possible for you to link to the thread???
Old 04-13-09, 01:36 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ ^ ..yea this is the first time I'm hearing of this. I want more info..
Old 04-13-09, 01:45 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ht=acceleratio
Old 04-13-09, 01:47 PM
sc4002soar
Driver

how much does ignitions coils go for....
Old 04-13-09, 06:45 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
what does that wire control that is so unnecessary?
Originally Posted by SpiderN9NE
there is a thread somewhere from the guy who mentioned red/black wire pin 13 mod. but our cars trans does a little slipping to have a luxury takeoff as apposed to the back end droppin from the power takeoff. it even does it a little on shifts. disconnecting that pin stops the solenoid that controls that feature from working. you can unplug it first on the tranny but it will throw a trans code and your o/d light will be flicking. but if you try the unplug and like it plug it back up to get rid of the flicker'n light and then cut the wire or put it on a switch. i think you will still get a code but its just that a code. i think thats pretty much it but check the thread to be sure. sorry i dont remember the guys screen name but its his find credit to him for that.
Yup, basically you want to disable solenoid 4. What this solenoid does is reduce squat and reduce shift shock on heavy acceleration. So basically speaking, its reducing the amount of power to the wheels.

Thanks to KC (KC95SC400), he was the one who found out about this cool trick.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-its-free.html

I highly suggest disconnecting the wire and go out for a drive. You will be very pleased with the results I sure as hell was.
Old 04-13-09, 09:04 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really want to try this, but am not mechanically inclined at all. I read that whole thread and didnt really get an idea of where exactly this sensor is, or how exactly to get at it.
Can anyone explain what the easiest way to get at it is? Do I need to jack my car up?
Old 04-14-09, 12:17 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Being that you have a '95, you have an ODB-I car. After reading through, I'd recommend you cut the wire to the ECU, which I believe is under the carpet in the front passenger foot well.