Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Intake Manifold Available

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-02, 11:27 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Intake Manifold Available

I just wanted everyone to know that SP was making a new intake manifold for Supras, and I had them make an N/A version as well for our motors. These are available for $999 and you can either use a stock throttle body, or they can provide you with a larger one and I believe port match it to the intake manifold. I don't have any dyno results, as honestly I am looking at the power gain as somewhat of a biproduct... I am more excited to be able to change my plugs quickly.

Anyways, Here are some pics, let me know if you have any questions about it:

-Ethan
Attached Thumbnails New Intake Manifold Available-intakemanifold1.jpg  
Old 03-16-02, 11:29 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails New Intake Manifold Available-intakemanifold3.jpg  
Old 03-16-02, 11:33 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

looks excellent. but I'd like to see proof that it doesn't hurt performance. For 1,000$ I'd like to see a nice gain.
Any possibility for a group buy at this point - after some dyno results?

AJ
Old 03-16-02, 01:02 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I won't have before and after results, but I will have results....

I won't have my stock intake manifold back on the car with the new setup... I honestly can't see it hurting performance, as it is running stock lower runners with a new plenum... Just adding a bit of are on the top of the stock plenum SP got almost 30 RWHP, so I would imagine this should be comparable if not a bit more...

Then again it is all speculation at this point! Once my car runs I will post the dyno numbers. I am not sure on the group buy, but I am sure I could set it up if enough people were interested, I already have one other who is wanting one I believe. You can also have it polished for a bit extra.

-Ethan
Old 03-16-02, 01:06 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

This is the one that I anticipate putting on my car. The unit shown is for a Supra, but I will probably have a very similar one designed for my sc300. The price is a little higher than the SP at 1300, but this is a show polished unit and is cleaned inside and out.
Old 03-16-02, 03:07 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Is that stock runners welded to a piece of aluminum tubing and then cleaned out?

The SP manifold is also completely cleaned on the inside the way I understand it...

-Ethan
Old 03-16-02, 03:12 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

uses stock runners ported. I have had a SP manifold here (the other style) and for the price it was far from worth it. It does have a very nice powdercoat giving it a nice color, but the inside looked completely stock and uncleaned (we at least sandblast the inners and do some polishing.) The unit above is a street unit, there is also a race unit that is MUCH larger (almost 7 inch plenum), with a 90mm Q45 TB. Pictures of that as soon as it gets back to the polisher.
Old 03-16-02, 03:19 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Wow, I would love to see that race manifold when you get it back, especially installed!

I agree the old SP manifold was a big time rip off, and really had nothing to it. The new one is a whole new breed compared to that, and the way I understand it completely cleaned internally.

-Ethan
Old 03-16-02, 04:27 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Titan, I like that intake also, tubular design, 102mm plenum, but the new SP intake looks very nice also, Ethan, lookin' forward to those timeslips man.
Old 03-18-02, 12:21 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Group buy - I'm interested.
Old 03-18-02, 01:04 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to get a turbo first
Old 03-28-02, 04:24 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

As Promised, sorry I couldn't get a picture of it off the car but my tech was anxious to get it on the car so we can hopefully fire it up this weekend, expect to see many pictures of this intake in the magazines next year.

Old 03-28-02, 04:55 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Titan, can you tell me where to get those purple anodized rad. hose clamps?
Thx,
Jon
Old 03-28-02, 08:53 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Those clamps I believe are about 100 a piece. Not exactly sure as the I/C and other coolant clamps all together cost us about 1-1.5 K. They are not designed for cars but work incredibly well and hold 300psi (don't expect to boost over 45 or 3 bar). also there are 2 aluminum ends that have to be welded so you have to have an aluminum radiator and aluminum radiator pipe or hardpipe. Not something you will see any day. We did all these clamps on our racecar for one reason, they hold 300psi, release with one finger. This will allow us to have the motor out in about 10-15 minutes with limited tools, and we no longer have to worry about blowing off radiator hoses
Old 03-28-02, 10:23 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

So, where did you say I could get them?

Quick Reply: New Intake Manifold Available