Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Clutch Won't Disengage on Turbo SC300, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-09, 04:53 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay folks heres the issue you guys are having

the yoke that mounts through the pressure plate has a lip on it right after the where the snap rings go into which is what holds the assembly together , the lip on the yoke snaps off and releases the rings so the assembly stops moving as one , you will see your slave moving , you will see fork moving , but if you shine a bright light up into the access panel you will notice the yoke does not move with assembly

ask me how i know this , it happened to me once already , and yes doing the same thing , trying to do a sustained burnout/lanuch and it snapped the lip right off the yoke

its another weak spot on the r154, yoke issue and 1st gear thrush washer= not good for strong sudden lanuch when you got power so hence i do not 1st lanuches , strickly rolls from 2 and up
Old 05-04-09, 06:27 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lemmiewink
Holy crap.... Well time to get a new slave. Also. Check the pp bolts for tightness.. just in case...
I will be picking up a new slave today and using the 1/4 extended rod I made. I also adjust the pedal a little bit which brought the feel back to it. I already checked the pressure plate bolts after your last update and they were fine. Thanks for all of the help and I will keep this thread updated also.
Old 05-04-09, 06:34 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife

the yoke that mounts through the pressure plate has a lip on it right after the where the snap rings go into which is what holds the assembly together , the lip on the yoke snaps off and releases the rings so the assembly stops moving as one , you will see your slave moving , you will see fork moving , but if you shine a bright light up into the access panel you will notice the yoke does not move with assembly

ask me how i know this , it happened to me once already , and yes doing the same thing , trying to do a sustained burnout/lanuch and it snapped the lip right off the yoke

its another weak spot on the r154, yoke issue and 1st gear thrush washer= not good for strong sudden lanuch when you got power so hence i do not 1st lanuches , strickly rolls from 2 and up
The assembly is sliding on the shaft if that's what you mean; I was able to get the clutch to disengage with a longer rod and by adjusting the pedal too, but then the slave broke so tonight I will try a shorter rod with a new slave.
Old 05-04-09, 03:42 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife

The "yoke" is called the Release bearing hub in the TSRM. Yes these can and do break. My sure fire way is to play with the fork. If you can move it back and forth with your hand, the release hub is broken. This is because, as you said, the hub is not connected to the pressure plate as it should be.