Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-02, 05:06 PM
Lvangundy

Hmm under $1500 for a bolt on turbo kit...I have an LS..Or are we only talking 300 v6's? V8 option??
Old 03-25-02, 07:06 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lvangundy
Hmm under $1500 for a bolt on turbo kit...I have an LS..Or are we only talking 300 v6's? V8 option??
Who said under $1500????

-Ethan
Old 03-25-02, 09:43 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Ebanks,

;-) I think Ivan mistook your quote on the SP turbo's. Yes, we need to figure out the stock injector size. Anyone? I dont see how we can hit 400rwhp on stock inj...without AIC. It may be cheaper to go RC injectors....and a SAFC.

Ivan,

1500 is just for the SP turbo. Please read the post again.
Old 03-25-02, 10:18 PM
808state
Driver

1uz-fe has 251cc/min...courtesy of mindflux90 awhile back ago (4/14/01)
Old 03-26-02, 07:40 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. 251cc, I was hoping it was larger, I had heard the 1UZ had pretty nice size injectors. Regardless, Perf Factory just told me they run 440cc injectors on a 2JZ with a S-AFC. Didn't realize you could manage larger injectors with the AFC, like ToyLexMods said. If that's the case, no worries, injectors and fuel computer for under a grand, and the 440's will probably be good into the low 500's hp range with the proper volume and pressure waiting at the rail. So, Ethan, start car car shoppin' brother

- Jon
Old 03-26-02, 09:10 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

screw the AFC I say, use the Greddy Emanage.

It can do timing, fuel control, and additional injectors and costs under $400

having a preprogrammed unit to go with the kit would be awsome Ethan; you can program up a fuel and timing curve, and make the kit plug and play for bigger injectors and such... makes it easier to install and makes for happier customers

As for your ideas about power... I think the spoolage on a 1.8L 4banger with a T60-1 would be terrible. Hell a T3/T4 spools very slowly on a 2.0L DSM motor. like over 4000rpms. Which we don't want on a car with a 6400rpm redline and an automatic

I think twin T3s would be excellent. But twin T3/T4s on a 300zx motor will make around 800rwhp; which is WAY too much for a base kit. We're looking for 400-450rwhp like you said. I think twin T25s at low boost would be perfect for that; or T28s. Both would spool fast and offer good power gains.

Your point on the wastegate idea makes sense, so you can mass produce the manifolds and not have to create different ones for internal and external wastegates

i think a kit with twin T28s, a Greddy Emanage with bigger injectors and two 440 or 550 additionals; and a FMIC with a bigger fuel pump; and twin externals and routed downpipes would make for a perfect low cost kit
Old 03-26-02, 09:22 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Hey,

I dont care which turbo you will be using. Just make sure your kit include LS 400.
Old 03-26-02, 10:41 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Bean, the problem with the e-manage is that there are only 6 rpm adjustment points, which may be okay for something entry-level, but will need to be replaced at some point with something more adjustable.
Old 03-26-02, 02:35 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

As far as the engine management I still don't know what we could do and have the price right. I don't want that to be the part that makes the price go nuts.

Once we get into we will see. At this point the more I think about it, I think the best thing for a street kit would be a single SP57, or possible a Garrett GT30 BB turbo. This way if you want to upgrade you just swap out the turbo, and you could go to a GT35 with the same piping, or if we went with SP turbos you could go all the way to an SP70 with the same piping if you ever wanted to upgrade. I can pick either (SP57 or GT30)up for a little over $1000 (little more for the dual BB unit). Either one would support right around 500+ RWHP with the boost up, and either one would spool INSANE. I would say the GT30 could hit full boost by 3000 RPM on that motor, and an SP57 would be damn close to that too. My friend is putting a GT30 on his DSM right now, so I will know how it spools on that within the next month. We are sorting out the shop space deal right now. Once that goes through I will try to figure out a way to buy a high mileage SC400 and get this going

Hopefully everything can work out, I will keep everyone updated.

-Ethan
Old 03-26-02, 02:36 PM
Static911

Just think....a turboed LS...ultimate sleeper...

Ethan
Old 03-26-02, 06:05 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

I think Ebank wants to make a LS400 with 800rwhp. That would be a ultimate sleeper. Ride like a Lexus and drive like a rocket.
Old 03-26-02, 07:05 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Lex,

You checkin up on my ideas? hehe, yes the AFC will tune those 440s. 440s...I wouldnt go 500rwhp...you would have to take the base fuel pressure through the roof. If you want 500rwhp its much safer with the 550s. So, we have 251cc injectors in our cars...hmmm, got to be upgraded.

Bean,

Greddy Emanage is a POS...just ask around to some tuners. Plus, the Emanage will NOT work with our ignition system. Remember, we have 2 systems....each running 4 cylinders.

Ebanks,

Yes, I would jump in with a SP57 single unit. Get those headers made! I think the fuel side could be managed with upgraded injectors and a SAFC. Ignition side...thats another story. Maybe the WeponR ecu could be configured to manage boost and retard the timing.

Gang,

Single turbo SP57 will absolutely rock your world.
Old 03-26-02, 07:08 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Gang,

Joel in Chicago just sold his 92 SC4. Crap, it would have been the perfect test car for Ebanks. 5,600 bucks...180k miles. We missed that shot...just a short drive from Ebanks as well.
Old 03-26-02, 09:08 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Okay, just checked in with Todd Matsubura for all the top secret 1UZ info, can't spill the beans, but TM Engineering has some serious ***** coming out. The future for the 4.0 looks very, very bright. For the first time ever, I may be glad I chose to buy an SC4 over an SC3, been annoyed at myself about that for awhile. A single SP57 would be killer, it's exactly what i'm looking for, and I think it's the way to go. Now my biggest problem is patience.
- Jon

P.S. - ToyLexMods, if I knew we would be doing this, I would've held onto all my GN fuel injection and turbo components, I knew there was a reason I didn't want to sell those parts.
Attached Thumbnails Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit-compressed-t-type-welds.jpg  
Old 03-26-02, 10:00 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Okay, just checked in with Todd Matsubura for all the top secret 1UZ info, can't spill the beans, but TM Engineering has some serious ***** coming out. The future for the 4.0 looks very, very bright. For the first time ever, I may be glad I chose to buy an SC4 over an SC3, been annoyed at myself about that for awhile. A single SP57 would be killer, it's exactly what i'm looking for, and I think it's the way to go. Now my biggest problem is patience.
- Jon

P.S. - ToyLexMods, if I knew we would be doing this, I would've held onto all my GN fuel injection and turbo components, I knew there was a reason I didn't want to sell those parts.

Lex, do you have an ETA for when the worms will spill at TM Engineering? I'm feeling you man, I was kicking myself for getting the 400 over the 300 for a while now. Sounds like our prayers have been answered, yes?

Quick Reply: Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit