Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 02:23 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Healerhand: Sorry I did not get back to you about that shop that does twin turbo for LS400 for 6k. I will shortly, just need to gid out his business card. The place is called E.L. Concepts. The guy there is real cool to talk to...his eyes literaly start glowing when he talks about cars...lol

One of my shortcoming upgrades is an engine swap so I may just work a lil harder and do it all at the same time. I am interested in the entry turbo kit!

Lvangundy: he said it one turbo would be $1500 more then another and that only a turbo would cost around $1500 not the whole setup. We wish

P.S. God damn EPK, change your name back you are being confused for edogg!
Old 03-27-02, 02:39 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Ok, tell him I am the Russian dood who was picking up Rick McCallum from his shop. He told me that he did put a TT on LS. He had to take engine out to do that and he told me I was looking at around $6k. I can probably negotiate lower price. Don't forget to mention all the peeps who are interested. Good luck
Old 03-27-02, 07:04 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ultimate sleeper is a Buick Grand National don't you think Lex Luthor ?

An Ls400 with a TT setup and a nice stall setup on the car would be friggin sweet though

I hope you guys can get the TH400 or 350 adapted to the engine; because I eventually want to do a V8 swap into a 240Z; but using the Lex V8 and a TT kit
Old 03-27-02, 08:21 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Retro.

I will contact him. I would like to see the LS that has TT.

Thanks
Old 03-27-02, 09:20 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I don't think he has one in his shop, he just mentioned he did an install in one. I think he was pushing just 8 PSI or so.
Old 03-27-02, 03:40 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

If you guys hear of any SC400s around me (within 10-15 hours) let me know. I am willing to travel to save money on the car. Still not positive I am buying one to do this, but if the deal is right...

To make it short, I might as well start looking for one now

-Ethan
Old 03-27-02, 03:54 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lex400sc, unfortunately, I can't talk about TM until the car is done, Todd wants to put the smackdown on a few guys first. It's a lethal combination, serrrious hp numbers in a 4.0 unibody car, with multimedia install, hehe. I don't think we'll have to worry about 1UZ performance anymore, guys are finally making it happen after 10 long years. Bean, the GN was the ultimate sleeper in the late 80's, when no one had any idea what they were, so ahead of it's time, coil packs and all. The word was out soon though, even the FBI purchased 200 GN's directly from General Motors, for 'high speed pursuit usage.' I had a friend Pauly that was at the Buick dealer in 1986 to pick up a boring car for his wife, he spotted the GN and ended up buying it. He drove it for a couple years before someone told him what he had. Last time I saw him, he was in the 11's, still looking bone stock like the day he bought it, still running an open differential. Nowadays, a GN rarely gets a money race, boost is the ultimate sleeper after all, isn't it Bean? I have friends with Big Block transbrake cars that won't go near a turbo car. The TurboHydramatic transmissions will definitely bolt up to the 1UZ with an adapter plate you can have made, as Ethan said. A TT 1UZ in a 240Z would be fannntastic, a 400Z.
Old 03-27-02, 07:07 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Lex,

As promised...a pic of my old 94TT. Yep, thats 97 color RSP...I took the car down to a bare shell and painted everything!

Ebanks,

Like I was saying...damn, Joel in Chicago just sold his 92SC4 for 5,600. That would have been perfect! Damn
Attached Thumbnails Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit-lrear.jpg  
Old 03-28-02, 08:57 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah i got wood on the rear of that car

Yes Lex, boost is definitely the ultimate sleeper hehe.

There's also another motor swap I want to do. The Toyota Cressida shares the same platform and drivetrain as the MK3 Supra. A lot of people do motorswaps and put the turbo motor in there. Well I found a site that took it one step furthur. They put a 2jz in there instead of the 7m. Taking 1jz engine mounts, putting them on the 2jz, the 2jz will bolt directly into a Cressida or MK3 Supra.

Imagine having an old looking 4door with 430rwhp
Old 03-28-02, 09:21 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up RSP SUPS

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
Lex,

As promised...a pic of my old 94TT. Yep, thats 97 color RSP...I took the car down to a bare shell and painted everything!

Ebanks,

Like I was saying...damn, Joel in Chicago just sold his 92SC4 for 5,600. That would have been perfect! Damn
Beautiful car, I have thought about doing that very same thing, repainting my car in the RSP, GREAT color, nice car.
Attached Thumbnails Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit-toylexlrear.jpg  
Old 03-28-02, 01:38 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Bean
ah i got wood on the rear of that car

Yes Lex, boost is definitely the ultimate sleeper hehe.

There's also another motor swap I want to do. The Toyota Cressida shares the same platform and drivetrain as the MK3 Supra. A lot of people do motorswaps and put the turbo motor in there. Well I found a site that took it one step furthur. They put a 2jz in there instead of the 7m. Taking 1jz engine mounts, putting them on the 2jz, the 2jz will bolt directly into a Cressida or MK3 Supra.

Imagine having an old looking 4door with 430rwhp
Its funny that you should mention that swap, because we are almost done with a cressida like that for my daily driver.

It has 60-1 turbo, toyomoto manifold, tial wastegate, APEXi GT FMIC, thick head gasket, etc., etc.

Should be done in the next few weeks. I thought I had posted pics of some of it?

-Ethan
Old 03-28-02, 03:32 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

JAC,

Yep, it did turn out very, very nice. The car started out as a Black/tan 94TT....It was a good interior/color combo to change over to RSP. At the time the RSP was way way out of my price range...so, I just did all the prep work for stripping the car down to a shell and towing it over to the paint shop. All the panels were painted off the car and all the jambs were all done.

Then we moved out to Colorado and there was no room for all the cars in my 4 car garage. And no way were any of them sitting outside. So, I made the choice to let the TT go. Mostly because I wanted to spend about 15k more on upgrades to finish it off with single turbo, suspension, wheels and brakes. I still have a 500hp Supra sitting out in the garage...dont feel bad for me.
Old 03-28-02, 08:06 PM
machinegt
Pole Position

retrodrive-

is that Rick McCallum.....

the producer of Star Wars???
Old 03-29-02, 01:23 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

LMAO! Always gets that!
"Why should I change my name? He is the one who $ucks" - Office Space
No he is in car audio / competition business.

healerhand...if you call the dood, PM me or post the results pls

Last edited by retrodrive; 03-29-02 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-29-02, 02:59 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Did anyone speak with the gentleman re: what was required to do the tt conversion for the 1UZ?

Quick Reply: Sc400 / Gs400 Turbo Kit