Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc400 oil filter help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 02:28 PM
SC400trax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

next time put film of oil on rubber seal and install hand tight.
If you loop a belt through the bukle(yes the kind that holds up your pants) around the filter at the base and push down you dont have problems with bad angles.
this works for filters that are properly installed.
Old 05-16-09, 03:02 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
When you make jackass statements like that your just asking for someone to prove you wrong.

If you read post more carefully you would have realize this is the 2nd time i changed the oil on the sc400.

Then if you read my other post you would have seen me mention the 400 isnt as easy as a 5s-fe or a 2jz-ge. Which implies i have worked on other cars.

And no their arent 2 screws to remove the plastic. You need to remove atleast 3 on the side and a few more on the back. But then again my plastic is ripped in the back so didnt count how many i needed to remove their.

So no 1uz-fe not easy as breeze. 5s-fe now thats easy.
I know I made a jackass comment ,but this could have been searched up without a post being made. BTW I did read it was your second time and you quoted me and I did say it fail. There is really no need to take the whole cover off to take the filter off. Only unless you want to access everything under the engine. SC300's are cake cause there is so much space in the engine bay. There easy to do compared to other Lexus vehicles seeing access points and amount of tools needed to something as basic as that. I work on these cars on a daily basis thats why I am saying this.

To LEXDUD was his post necessary? Basic search could tell you how do a oil change every new person to this forum has posted this question before.
Old 05-16-09, 09:50 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
I know I made a jackass comment ,but this could have been searched up without a post being made. BTW I did read it was your second time and you quoted me and I did say it fail. There is really no need to take the whole cover off to take the filter off. Only unless you want to access everything under the engine. SC300's are cake cause there is so much space in the engine bay. There easy to do compared to other Lexus vehicles seeing access points and amount of tools needed to something as basic as that. I work on these cars on a daily basis thats why I am saying this.

To LEXDUD was his post necessary? Basic search could tell you how do a oil change every new person to this forum has posted this question before.
Again, your not reading what i wrote. My 400 isnt the same as everyone elses. If there is no marine layer i will take a pic tomorrow.
Old 05-18-09, 04:53 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Yall play nice up in here.
Old 05-18-09, 11:27 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same thing happened to me. the first oil change since i owned my SC was insane. with other cars, i can usually twist off the oil filter with my hands. but the SC was different. it got to the point where i stabbed the oil filter with a screwdriver and was able to turn it maybe 1/4 roatation. after that, the filter just gave way. the 2nd oil change was cake. idk what the hell the previous owners did during the oil changes.
Old 05-19-09, 09:35 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheKevin
idk what the hell the previous owners did during the oil changes.
The guy probably used vise grips to put the filter on lol. "it won't leak now".
Old 09-28-19, 03:53 PM
balticblue
Driver School Candidate

Default My Oil filter was stuck too I ended up tearing it in half

I ended up using a drumel to cut up the oil filter in a pie and then using a flat head and hammer to twist it off