Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need Help..SC400 R154 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-09, 09:31 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRFTSC400
I wonder if the Automatic Tranny Speed Sensor would work. I was looking at it yesterday and it looks the same.
Nope. Try researching it.
Old 06-08-09, 02:19 PM
DRFTSC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok the Automatic Speed sensor will definitely not work. But ok so far I got my R154 Transmission, and shifter boot assembly. Quick question though... Will MKIII pedal assembly and clutch master cylinder work on the SC400
Old 06-09-09, 06:44 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I pm'd you about the pedal yesterday.

But like I said... I have it and regret doing it. It is the worse thing to do to save money.... the pedal goes into the ground not towards the back... makes driving and bleeding interesting.

I also remember seeing something to convert from mech to electric speedo..... If I remember what it was I will let you know. Would the Soarer speed sensor work?

*edit* I remember someone talking about the Marlin Crawler one... not sure if this is it or not.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfe...eed-sensor-mci

Does that look like it would work?

Edit****

Okay found more.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-question.html

Originally Posted by Blk97SC300
I made a small bracket out of some aluminum I had laying around- it took me about 10 minutes to cut, bend, and make the final product.

I used the stock speed sensor from my W58 tranny. I believe that's the same as the speed sensor from my auto 97 transmission too. I'll post some pics tommorrow when I get a chance.

No need to get anything from that Marlin Crawler place- the bracket is VERY easy to make.

Allen
Originally Posted by 4000GT
I used a stock sensor too, just screws on the existing sensor with 3 wire. the Marlin piece really is just replacing the stock Toyota part you can already get from a wreckers for $10. Oh and they take 6 months to reply to any communication, I gave up. I didnt need any bracket?

Hope this helps

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 06-09-09 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-09-09, 03:12 PM
DRFTSC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea dude it does work... The Marlin Crawler sensor works. I'm buying it from Driftmotion.com What it does is convert the mechanical signal to a pulse signal. The stock harness plugs right into that Marlin Crawler VSS (vehicle speed sensor) Adaptor. As for the pedals i'm buying the pedal kit from Driftmotion.com as well. its about $386 i think. includes everything you need for the swap.

The Soarer Speed Sensor will work but its not precise. Its a bit off (like 3mph off i think).

Guys take note that the Marlin Crawler Sensor would apply only if you're doing the MKIII R154 Tranny Swap. Due to the Mechanical Speedo Cable.