Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

*JDM Engine Sources*

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-09, 11:31 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
yeah they did..and not the only time I have heard negatives like that about osaka..

And if Jhot is still bringing engines in, I would say stick with them..I'm still trying to get a hold of a friend of mine, and see where he gets all his engines from..if i come up with anything I will let you know.
thanks for the info.
Old 06-04-09, 07:57 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard good things about Brian from Prolink in Hallandale! He might be a little bit more pricey on his engines but that's because he personally travels to Japan to handpick his engines and he stands behind all his product!
Old 06-04-09, 08:28 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
I've heard good things about Brian from Prolink in Hallandale! He might be a little bit more pricey on his engines but that's because he personally travels to Japan to handpick his engines and he stands behind all his product!

Yea, i also heard very good stuff about brian also, he was #2 on my list...LOL
#1 Jhot
#2 Prolink Japan (Brian)
Old 06-04-09, 08:28 AM
mcwop23
Driver

it's becoming tougher to import engines these days. I know Jarco up in Atlanta is pretty much stopping with the importing business due to emissions and more stringent laws. Which is a shame because they are awesome guys.
Old 06-04-09, 08:29 AM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

I have heard the same things about Brian... But do you have his contact info Wicked???
Old 06-04-09, 08:33 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

..... being that you live in FL...

www.jdmofmiami.com - buy the motor from them..

Kanzki Autowerkes is right next door.. have Herbie Kanzki do your swap!

or you can have JDM of Miami do your swap.. Herbie will help them out either way..

and then you can have Lance tune it
Old 06-04-09, 08:33 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

Yeah Jarco is good. Def stay away from www.tigerjapanese.com their prices are very inviting. But it's like hit and miss with them. My friend bought a sr20 came in clean as hell not a spot of gunk on it. I bought a B20B a month ago for my teg. ****er came in lookin like it had sat outside for the last month. I will give them that even though the motor looked like complete garbage . It runs like a bat out of hell to this day.
Old 06-04-09, 08:53 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anthony85
I have heard the same things about Brian... But do you have his contact info Wicked???
Ditto, Wicked whats his contact info?

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
..... being that you live in FL...

www.jdmofmiami.com - buy the motor from them..

Kanzki Autowerkes is right next door.. have Herbie Kanzki do your swap!

or you can have JDM of Miami do your swap.. Herbie will help them out either way..

and then you can have Lance tune it
i heard of Jdmofmiami, they seem ok but havent really conversted with them like that...and im local to Grip Industries,plus im very good friends with the mechanic and owner their as well...for those who don't kno who Grip Industries is they built the BLULEX that we all see here on CL
....here's there link www.grip-industries.com check it out

Originally Posted by UTSC300
Yeah Jarco is good. Def stay away from www.tigerjapanese.com their prices are very inviting. But it's like hit and miss with them. My friend bought a sr20 came in clean as hell not a spot of gunk on it. I bought a B20B a month ago for my teg. ****er came in lookin like it had sat outside for the last month. I will give them that even though the motor looked like complete garbage . It runs like a bat out of hell to this day.
LOL!!!
Old 06-04-09, 09:24 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anthony85
954-829-8603....Brian
Old 06-04-09, 09:27 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
WHAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!
osaka motors didnt do him like that, did they?
and as for JHOT i called them 2day and they told me another 3-4 weeks but one soarer set is already reserved...they wouldnt even let me put a down payment on a motorset 2day they told me to call back in a week or so, cuz they didnt have all the info
Sorry brother that one is mine, deposit on it two weeks ago. They told me a when I ordered it they said they may have more with it but that was two weeks ago.
Old 06-04-09, 09:52 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sventhemac
Sorry brother that one is mine, deposit on it two weeks ago. They told me a when I ordered it they said they may have more with it but that was two weeks ago.
LOL, its all good bro!!! 1j,and 2j's are movin quick...so if you dont have the cash when they are available your SOL!!! like i was but im sure they will be getting some more soon..i dont mind waiting the money will continue stackin until they do get them
if not theres alway my local guys...like brian
Old 06-04-09, 10:57 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

1.5jz swap just easier and cheaper
Old 06-04-09, 10:59 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

also try driftmotion aarron is knowledgeable and courtious
Old 06-04-09, 11:14 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you have to wait a while with JHOT, but it is completely worth it.
they give you all the extras, including all the information about the donor vehicle with exact mileage and year etc. etc. If I had to buy a swap it would be from them.

I have never heard a story that didnt end in "can I sue people in canada" when talking about Osaka. you would be better off piecing an engine together.
Old 06-04-09, 12:56 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
this one guy on supraforums told me about osaka motors in canada. They have cheap engines. I am thinking about buying my aristo 2jz-gte from them.
Do a search on Osaka on google. I bought my car from there, but they are crooks. Tried selling me a soarer with a leaking differential, shot bushings, garbage front bumper that wasn't going to go back on, but they said it could. HORRIBLE after-service. If you deal with them and you get a bad engine, good luck trying to regulate the problem. I had a leaking valve cover gasket, told me they would order me the part (part of the deal when i bought the car) but 2 months later, "oh the part never came in" John told me to bring my car in for 2 days so they would get it fixed, said he would make me a new one............

Quick Reply: *JDM Engine Sources*