Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer cluster in sc300

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 01:36 PM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not all fuel pickup units are the tube types, for my soarer digital cluster conversion, it had a similar unit to the sc400, same floater type, it plugs right up, the tube type i believe is for the slightly newer cluster resembling the one in your video, mine is slightly different, it does not do any checks aty startup or read outside temperature.
Old 03-14-11, 02:32 AM
Sag
Rookie

Have huge problem fitting Soarer digital cluster in to my sc300 with 1jz
1st. digital cluster does not fit, too big.
2nd. there are too many conectors on Digital dash and only few on SC300 dash (how to connect ???)
3rd. Fuel sender unit has 5 wire conector, mine, sc300 has only 3.

I`m 100% sure that I want digital dash, but cant install it, also my old cluster does not work properly with new engine, water temp and rev counter does not work.
Old 03-14-11, 08:49 AM
nlc
Pole Position

^^^
1. try trimming it a bit or you might have to fab up sum brackets...
2. might wanna try getting a soarer dash harness to make things simple on yourself
3. The guy above you said his sc400 plugged right up idk if his is a 5 wire alos like yours. You might wanna look into that.

This is a project a serious 1 at that. SHAMEED what yr cluster do you have? i might be able to help you out, my uncle is parting out a car in the islands. He is sending me a few things also.
Old 03-14-11, 09:27 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe mine came out of a 95 5speed Soarer TT.
Old 03-21-11, 08:02 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

My fuel sender unit has 3 plugs identical to the one in my sc400 except for an additional sensor at the end of the unit, i have pictures of this . It plugged right up, I think the problem is you have a unit which comes from a newer soarer model, mine came from one of the first models in 91, it's somewhat different, does not have the autocheck, and the lcd's at the bottom pretty much resembles the equivalent in an sc300/sc400in that year. Mine does not have the blue background lcd's at the bottom (dont know which one you have). The soarer clusters have variations, just like the sc did a major change with new lcds in 1997. So do a search, i did a write up with all the details already and pics of both pickup units 1 from my sc400 and the one from the soarer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post6203137

Last edited by pharaoh20x; 03-21-11 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-21-11, 02:42 PM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

Default Pickup units

2 pickup units. Unit with blue is from soarer, other is from sc400
Attached Thumbnails soarer cluster in sc300-0305111245_01.jpeg  
Old 03-22-11, 01:39 PM
Sag
Rookie

Ok, lets say I managed to get digidash into the place,
but how about wiring ?
my sc300 dash has 3 small plugs, where Soarers has ALOT of wiring there.
Old 03-28-11, 07:28 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

where wiring is concerned, none of the sc300 wiring or sc400 wiring will work from the engine all the way to the back, maybe only the roof harness which controls lighting, other than that you will need ofcourse engine fuse box + harness (1 unit) from a soarer as it has fuses in there controlling the digi dash, you will also need the dash harness + fusebox (1 unit) + the digi dash ofcourse and yes the soare has more wiring. The dash will work with just these units, but in order to get the fuel to read this is where you need the other harnesses from where the radio is connected all the way to the sender unit in the picture above. Keep in mind there are a variety of sending units out there depending on the year of your vehicle.

I'm not sure if you are trying to do this with the stock 2jz-ge motor, that might be some additional work because the engine fuse box is more or less for the 1jzgte although it is 95% the same as the sc400 and i'm sure the 300 too but you may have to do some extra work. I do know that they have a 3.0 non turbo in japan as well, it may be hard to find this but if you can find it you could just take the entire electrical system (all harnesses) out of that car just like I did with the 2.5gtt. Good luck man, let me know how it goes.
Old 03-28-11, 04:50 PM
ogre
Driver

If somebody will donate one of these clusters to me i will figure out the wiring and post the result. Im tired of seeing this subject all the time
Old 04-02-11, 08:42 AM
Sag
Rookie

Real trouble with dash.
I have sc300 95 with 1j under the hood
Cant make temp and tach working, my dash is different from all others Iˇve seen, so got myself digidash and fuel sender from soarer.
Want to make it work, one or another.
Old 04-02-11, 07:35 PM
Access
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pharaoh20x
not all fuel pickup units are the tube types, for my soarer digital cluster conversion, it had a similar unit to the sc400, same floater type, it plugs right up, the tube type i believe is for the slightly newer cluster resembling the one in your video, mine is slightly different, it does not do any checks aty startup or read outside temperature.
the difference in soarer displays is not by year, but by trim level.

povpack (basic trim) soarers never came with capacitor type sender units.

povpacks also never got the 'heads up display' (text messages/warnings)
Old 04-02-11, 09:39 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome mod. I bet its neat driving with it. Personally, however, I enjoy watching needles rise and fall.
Old 05-13-11, 09:32 PM
empower
Driver School Candidate

is there a way to do this backwards? I want to toss my digital and go with an sc300 cluster.
Old 05-16-11, 07:10 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

yes you can do this backwards, it's the same concept, the only difference is that you would need the sc300 fuse boxes both inside and outside, the cluster of course and the inside loom all thw way to the back lights. Shouldnt be too hard to get as people always leave this sort of stuff inside the car after it's been scrapped. The reason you will need the wires all the way to the back is because they are linked to the fuel pickup unit in the gas tank located in the trunk (it's different from soarer pickup unit). Anyway I wish you the best of luck, let me know if you need any help.
Old 05-17-11, 06:15 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have jdm 1jz obd1 on Sc4..can i use Soarer Cluster from any year?

Quick Reply: soarer cluster in sc300