Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer cluster in sc300

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 07:16 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you change all the wiring inside like the fuse box and so on? If you didn't you will need to and my recommendation is to get the complete harness and cluster all at once from the same vehicle, this way you won't have a problem because they have different versions of the cluster. I have the more basic version i.e. does not have those blue lcds at the bottom telling you exactly how much fuel you have left down to the litre (regular fuel guage is still there), outside temp and so on but it is a digital cluster. Depending on which cluster you get you will need the fuel pickup unit that matches because there are 2 types, the one with the tubes, and the other that is very similar to what's in your sc400 but not the same.

Last edited by pharaoh20x; 05-23-11 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-23-11, 10:48 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ thank you...that make sense...
Old 05-25-11, 04:36 PM
Snx37
Rookie

I did this mod on my old sc before I totaled it. I spliced the soarer wire harness into the sc harness on both sides of the dash and It worked perfectly w the exception of the fuel gauge. The plugs were different. To get it to work you will need the soarer fuel wire harness and sender
Old 09-26-11, 07:59 PM
scjzgte5
Driver School Candidate

I just did the digital soarer swap into my 95 sc4 with auto 1j out of 93 soarer. had to cut one bracket on the back to make it fit and i used the harness from my soarer parts car. the plugs between the sc4 and the soarer clusters are completely different but the body/fusebox plugs all plug in except one in the centre and one on each end. blue passenger side plug is fuel gauge and the others im working on. for fuel gauge wiring the black/white = ground, black yellow and yellow black = signal wires. i had to use sending unit from soarer and change three wire plug on tank side. (just cut and conect, all colors matched). after the swap my climate control doesnt turn on, i have no signal lights or reverse lights and no power to my drivers seat and steering tilt. which im pretty sure will all be solved when i get the plugs figured out. if anyone has any questions ill do my best to help out. i really like the swap and i would say is def worth the headaches for someone with the taste for it.
Old 10-03-11, 07:18 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

what I did to make the tail lights work was change that harness that goes to the back fromthe soarer as well, it's different I guess. The Climate control won't work when you do the 1jzgte swap into the Sc400, you have to do some modification and change a couple wires around. Mine works in my sc400 because I changed all the wiring in car to saorer wiring so everything works like it should except the power seat on the passengers side since there was no power seat on that side in the soarer I got my wires from. COngrats though man seems to be going pretty well. I agree with you 100% it's worth the headache.
Old 12-04-11, 08:12 PM
Access
Driver School Candidate

u guys are geniuses
Old 03-07-12, 02:06 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Default Digi Cluster

hello
i just wanna bump this up cuz my Digi Cluster came in today..thanks to NickMyo for hooking me up
Now i need some help gettin this hook up.
Attached Thumbnails soarer cluster in sc300-2012-03-07_14.30.28.jpg  

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 03-07-12 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-12-12, 09:51 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

He bro you have different ways of doing this. Some people have said that they splice the dash harness you have there into the current harness and made it work. I know how I made it work was by rewiring the entire car with all the Soarer harnesses. Which included dash harness (the one you have), the fuse boxes both outside and inside and basically extended all the wires. This way everything plugged right in. It wasnt so hard but was more time consuming. Maybe someone else can tell you how to make what you have work but it's not going to be easy splicing in because all fuse boxes look the same but are not identical. let me know how it goes.
Old 03-14-12, 08:08 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

thanks pharoah for the heads up..im gonna take my time on this one and find some1 in my area that does only in electrical stuff on cars..i thing u mentiiond it b4 that Digi cluster has two version..hopefully i can find some1 who can install this..i was just looking at the kmp to mph converter..hopefully someone will do and post a DIY thread on this
Old 04-19-12, 12:01 AM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

I'll be doing the jdm cluster conversion as well soon...but I don't know where to get the Soarer fuel sending unit from can anyone with info on where to find this pm me the info please. I 'd really appreciate the help.
Old 04-23-12, 11:35 AM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

The guy who I got all of my stuff from us located in Great Britain and his name is Steve smith aka smiffie. He owns a soarer scrap yard and will ship anything you want from GB to the US. I'll give you his contact info when I get home. He is also very popular and has his website called soarer sanctuary or something like that. I'll give you the info later.
Old 04-23-12, 03:10 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pharaoh20x
The guy who I got all of my stuff from us located in Great Britain and his name is Steve smith aka smiffie. He owns a soarer scrap yard and will ship anything you want from GB to the US. I'll give you his contact info when I get home. He is also very popular and has his website called soarer sanctuary or something like that. I'll give you the info later.
Thanks man I truly appreciate it
Old 04-28-12, 06:53 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Still waiting on the info for the fuel sending unit
Old 04-29-12, 02:43 AM
triumph013
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
Still waiting on the info for the fuel sending unit
Google is your friend.

http://www.smiffies-soarer-sanctuary.com/

I'm glad I found this though, I was wanting to do this as soon as I found out Soarers had the digital clusters.
Old 04-30-12, 02:38 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Alright so I'm in the process of beginning the conversion...does anyone know if I have to get the fuel sending unit for the same year of my cluster? I have a JDM cluster plus the full dash harness uncut but I don't know the year

Quick Reply: soarer cluster in sc300