Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My 1JZGTE thread, 93 SC300 with W58

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-09, 09:51 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Where did u order intercooler piping from? i order mine from CXracing the T clamps were crappy cheap as hell i broke about 6 of them they just were half way tight.
I was just getting the OEM stuff from JHot was missing one from my shipment.
Going to upgrade most likely to the XS power kit from clubna-t. when I do go to front mount. Saw some stuff at frozenboost that looked good.
Old 07-15-09, 10:38 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

I would order the IC piping from driftmotion. Theirs is pretty good and the clamps are good and they give you more than enough to do the piping(i could probably do another with the amount I cut out) U will have to do some cutting and modding as its not a direct fit tho
Old 07-15-09, 10:47 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BigGreen
I would order the IC piping from driftmotion. Theirs is pretty good and the clamps are good and they give you more than enough to do the piping(i could probably do another with the amount I cut out) U will have to do some cutting and modding as its not a direct fit tho
I assume your talking about doing a front mount right? For now I am staying side mount because I will only be driving another month or two then I am getting sent back to the sand box. When I get back I am going to tear into the car again, by then I should have another bike for alternate transportation.
Old 07-15-09, 10:51 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Yeah i was talking bout front mount but you could probably do the side mount with the piping too as i mentioned that i had plent of pipping left over
Old 07-15-09, 11:29 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Coolll, I got all my stuff from JHOT Imports as well, they're awesome. How's the swap coming along? I did mine in a total of 2 days, haha. About 6 hours to extend the wiring harness (man that was a PITA), and 8 hours to get the motor out and put the new one in.
Old 07-15-09, 12:54 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Sounds like everything is going good so far, I also used a 2j GE alternator in my 1j and it worked!
Old 07-15-09, 12:58 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^I did too!
Old 07-15-09, 01:23 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Yeah me 3!
Old 07-15-09, 02:08 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1JZ altenator here,The Spec Clutch Stage 2+ is some garbage ,mine chatter like crap everytime you release the Pedal ,worst when you're taking off on 1st gear or reverse.
Old 07-15-09, 03:06 PM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by romeo291
Coolll, I got all my stuff from JHOT Imports as well, they're awesome. How's the swap coming along? I did mine in a total of 2 days, haha. About 6 hours to extend the wiring harness (man that was a PITA), and 8 hours to get the motor out and put the new one in.
Thats about the timeframe it took for me. Did you do the ECU wires too? I did all the prep work from 7am-2PM for a week. Had to work 3PM to 3AM(That **** sucked.) Pulled the motor pretty fast with a buddy. It would be going but my flywheel is taking three weeks to get here.

Originally Posted by One_jZ_SC3
Sounds like everything is going good so far, I also used a 2j GE alternator in my 1j and it worked!
Originally Posted by OneJay
^^^I did too!
Originally Posted by BigGreen
Yeah me 3!
Thats the Plan.

1JZ altenator here,The Spec Clutch Stage 2+ is some garbage ,mine chatter like crap everytime you release the Pedal ,worst when you're taking off on 1st gear or reverse.
Well F*** Come on man don't tell me that.!! Did you break it in stop and go without high RPM stuff?
I had an Exedy on a different car and it chattered like a **** til it finally "Wore in" to say.

And if it stays that way fortunatly I only am going to drive it for another month or so before I deploy again.
Old 07-16-09, 12:32 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

That Clutch is junk now i need another one! Try it you may be lucky with it .
Old 07-16-09, 05:19 PM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

That Clutch is junk now i need another one! Try it you may be lucky with it .
How long did yours last and did you have a new fly with it or resurfaced one?
Trying to figure this thing out so I can see where my problems might be.
Old 07-17-09, 06:47 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

I got the flywheel resurface it looked like brand new and felt smoove,about 500 miles on the Clutch,i am pulling the motor and tranny tomorrow to see what going on in there ,will let you know .
One guy said that it the flywheel ,and other few says think it's the Clutch which i believe also.
Old 07-17-09, 07:57 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

If its too messed up, I can throw my stock stuff back in it, but didn't want slipping from the start. Let me know and if mine does the same maybe Spec will have to buy back a couple of clutches.

EDITS- I looked at the power steering line threads when I first started this swap and never ordered the stuff damnit. oh well extra 9 bucks shipping should get it here before the damn flywheel.

EDIT-dos.-Intercooler pipe Came today, woohoo.

Last edited by GSXRMack; 07-17-09 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgot shiz. twice
Old 07-20-09, 06:38 PM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Most intercooler pipes installed headlights are back in and put the bumper back on. still waiting on the flywheel that is a signature delivery between the hours of 8am and 7pm WTF, If I have to sign for it I would like a lil bit more specific time.
Bought the rest of the fluids to get everything good to go and also had the battery charged to bring it back up to tip top. Ooo just remembered I need to finish installing the throttle cable, got it started on sat and then got called into work. ****ty situation, Its on the news. Anyhoo. Hopefully the initial build is done soon.

Quick Reply: My 1JZGTE thread, 93 SC300 with W58