Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DaveH T61...complete =) (pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 12:14 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

nice man - i am sure you feel great.
Old 08-06-09, 01:03 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish i wouldve fell into the sc game before the honda game....love boosted scs...congrats man!
Old 08-06-09, 05:50 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nothing like the feel of a long awaited boost project is there? Glad it all came together for you. Lets see some videos and more pictures. Makes me sometimes wish I bought a 300 instead of a 400..................................NAaaaaaaaa...
Old 08-06-09, 06:15 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, im excited for you! Let us know if you post vids
Old 08-06-09, 06:19 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Nothing like the feel of a long awaited boost project is there? Glad it all came together for you. Lets see some videos and more pictures. Makes me sometimes wish I bought a 300 instead of a 400..................................NAaaaaaaaa...
LOL... +1
Old 08-06-09, 08:22 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

videos up! check em out people

** VIDEOS!!***
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVLnnWwUSE
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Mua2NGWRs
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6UBuM6HvM

Last edited by Mortal300; 08-06-09 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-06-09, 10:25 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like fun! Enjoy the boost!
Old 08-07-09, 12:20 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ryeno
do you have any flow data showing your manifold is better then the xs power one?

I dont want to bash your setup but from that pic, your manifold looks like complete crap. The tubes make 90 degree bends and the exhaust gas will knock into each other. Idk dude, but the xs power one looks like its much higher quality.
is this guy for real?

bring ur xs power and i'll bring my car...

xs power vs. boostlogic?

someone wanna help out this guy on what to buy??????

im not a welder and i can weld better than those xs power ones...i mean why buy a manifold thats going to crack just like the tons of people out there who complain of that. Plus the quality of parts is enough to not need to show u a flow data chart. dont believe me just get xs power and lets meet up in newport

Last edited by Mortal300; 08-07-09 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-07-09, 01:04 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

i dont go by looks i go by what performs and the many people i know with XS power and the many i know with daveh kits.

if i were to go by looks id go with some nice shiny ebay parts like the IM you suggessted from ebay

then again ebay has AWSOME turbo kits
Old 08-07-09, 06:38 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ryeno hit up Supraforms and ask DaveH about "flow" in his manifolds. He makes manifolds for GE engines for up to 1000hp come on man
Old 08-07-09, 10:13 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

YeA 2jZ...please dont tell him to do that he might actually do it...

i apologize before hand Dave for the questions coming your way.

Ryeno.... take your xs power to the track with Dave and tell me how it goes theres his manifold in action

Old 08-07-09, 01:08 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mortal300
YeA 2jZ...please dont tell him to do that he might actually do it...

i apologize before hand Dave for the questions coming your way.

Ryeno.... take your xs power to the track with Dave and tell me how it goes theres his manifold in action

LoL he is a member of SF already
Old 08-07-09, 03:52 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

do you have any flow data showing your manifold is better then the xs power one?

I dont want to bash your setup but from that pic, your manifold looks like complete crap. The tubes make 90 degree bends and the exhaust gas will knock into each other. Idk dude, but the xs power one looks like its much higher quality.
then post up some data showing how well your manifold performs(flows)

Look i'm not saying your manifold is bad because it doesnt look nice (which it doesnt) I'm saying its pure trash because its designed poorly. Their is almost no thought to the tube size nor is their to the style of the pipes.

If you dont understand what i am typing then let me clearify it for you. When 1 cylinder fires, the exhaust gas will want to go straight out of the motor. But with your 90 degree bend manifold, its going to have a hard time doing that. Once the gas passes the turn its going to want to keep going straight, toward cylinder 3, but because their are holes on both sides its going to also go toward cylinder 2 and toward the turbo. Also the tubing looks to large which means the speed at which the gas is traving will decrease.

I mean this is simple phyics here, its obvious the flow is going to be crap. So like i said post up some concrete data showing your manifold is good. Cuz as far as i am concerned that's one of the WORST turbo manifolds i have ever seen.
look i couldnt care less how well that manifold flows, I didnt buy it. Why would i bother wasting my time figuring how its flow. Its not mine.

Its cool that this daveh guys makes 1000hp manifold. It doesnt change the fact that THIS manifold isnt one of those.
all these post you just made were all about flow vs. thats the only reason i brought it up and is i am not mistaken that is a DaveH manifold so it it capable of those numbers
Old 08-07-09, 04:12 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

This manifold is one of the strongest manifolds out there made by boostlogic. They will *never* crack (notice how i say never in asteriks because you might go do something dumb and crack it on the floor..idk).

Please go do some search before bashing peoples products over some bull**** china parts you say are better...bottom line.
Old 08-07-09, 05:06 PM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

look i couldnt care less how well that manifold flows, I didnt buy it. Why would i bother wasting my time figuring how its flow. Its not mine.

Its cool that this daveh guys makes 1000hp manifold. It doesnt change the fact that THIS manifold isnt one of those.
dude if you care less how well that manifold is flowing why do you even care to talk to Mortal300??? who cares if this manifold flows better then others or not, he has it, it runs and he loves it that's all it matters from what i see. you're just wasting your time replying to him. if you don't like DaveH's maniford fine then don't buy it if you're care less about it then don't even bother to waste your time to try to tell him it's bad design only thing your doing is wasting your own time to make him feel bad. your not helping nobody here. it's not even your thread just stay away.

Last edited by exodus_2; 08-07-09 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: DaveH T61...complete =) (pics!)