Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DaveH T61...complete =) (pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 09:13 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sigh....10 characters
Old 08-08-09, 03:10 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

man this guys crazy i swr whata waste of a thread to have annoying noobs like this talk smack.

Ryeno have u EVER worked on a car besides putting HID's and LED's? or maybe some rims.

your "future" gte build...DAMN i cant WAIT to see that
Old 08-08-09, 10:33 AM

hey does your throttle and karmonn monitors stay on 0? if not what could of i done wrong...throttle stays on 0.0 karmonn stays on 0
Old 08-08-09, 10:36 AM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol if you stop talking then there is no "waste this thread".
and i do thank you for correcting on my grammar im a fob so my grammar sucks anywayz.
also dude i noticed that you always start some crap. sounds like you know everything about cars... good for you now stop bothering other people and waste your time to post crap. you should post your "future" GTE swap and keep your talk on your own thread not talking about other people's stuff. at least say "nice job" or something if you don't like other people's stuff fine just look at it and walk away simple as that you don't have to waste your time to posting craps to make other people mad that way everybody gets happy...

P.S. "a) I'm not trying to make him feel bad" you already did that to many people in this forum so if you don't think that your not trying to make him feel bad you really need to look at your old post and think about what you did to other people on this forum.
Old 08-08-09, 10:38 AM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

ohhh by the way mortal 300 nice job dude i envy you having boost on your car now i need to finish my own na-t project. ^^ who cares what other says man as long as you got boost and your happy with it??? that's all it matters.
Old 08-08-09, 10:42 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The DaveH kit is a great kit, although i might not be the sexiest manifold, it's proven and works great.
Old 08-08-09, 11:38 AM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

Looks good man! I personally love my xs manifold but hey... different strokes for different folks!
Old 08-08-09, 12:16 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good man, I like the vids you put up . Dont let me catch you in my Smog Station
Old 08-08-09, 01:15 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IonFeright
Looks good man! I personally love my xs manifold but hey... different strokes for different folks!
Thanks IonFeright, im glad your xs power does what u want it to do and you like it. I dont in anyway hate the xs power i just wanted to go with the DaveH...personal preference

Ryeno take notes from this guy...your a ****ing douchebag homie
Originally Posted by aka paco
The DaveH kit is a great kit, although i might not be the sexiest manifold, it's proven and works great.
Exactly! Aint trying to show off my manifold just tryin to make u smell my boost! :P

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
Looks good man, I like the vids you put up . Dont let me catch you in my Smog Station
HAhaha i got a good year and a half before i smog it again but that wont be a problem i got many friends with places
Old 08-09-09, 03:03 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your manifold should be fine and it actually responds quick. If you look at the stock SC4 or LS4 manifolds, they're much worse. The exhaust gas in the manifold needs to be expanded due to the heat in the compact space, so the performance is just not about the flow direction, but is also about heat expansion that creates pressure and velocity.

In your log type setup, the heat is very well expanded, thus its pressure is great and the exhaust gas flows quick. In the other type with better looking manifold, which we used to call "even runners manifold" or "ram horn", the velocity is actually much slower than the log type because the heat can't be expanded, thus it doesn't create much pressure and its velocity is reduced at low end.

The advantage of the log type is it responds quick for low to mid end, but its disadvantage is it's easier to be maxxed out at high end due to the restriction. This setup is very good for streets. A lot of 4 bangers such as Honda use this style for daily driving. Another good thing is your manifold uses the thick mild steel plumping pipes and it'll outlast any manifolds if your is properly welded. Those plumping pipes can have walls as thick as .20" or .25".

The advantage of the even runners manifold is it keeps building boost easily at high end due to less restriction, but its disadvantage is it has lag at low end. This setup is boring on the streets, but is great on the tracks.

There's no right or wrong in this setup, it just really depends on what type of driving you're into. I'm into building custom turbo systems for several years now (only for hobbies), and I've tried several types and that's where I learned from. I also learned from turbo books as well.

Last edited by stevechumo; 08-09-09 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-11-09, 12:16 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since it's not easy to measure the efficiency of your manifold, the only way to find out is to put the car on the dyno. The dyno graph will show how good the car can make power from that manifold and the temperature reading will help to tell if the car runs hot due to its restriction or not. The above won't be an accurate measure, but they'll give a close idea.
Old 08-14-09, 01:34 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Default Wash Pics//Ash falling on car..damn

stevechumo...thanks, my manifold is fine and i know people with the same exact setup as me that put down numbers beyond belief. Thanks for backin the case up, there will always be haters on forums no matter what you do, in this case its a 16 yr old behind the computer...rlly dont give a flying fak =P

MORE PICS FROM TODAY!

Found this hiding under there.

Fire outside in the area made the sun look like pure ****..Ash started falling on the car after the car wash too...lame

Ignore the hit on the bumper =) (JIC Kit ON THE WAY!)
Old 08-14-09, 01:52 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great man! I'm loving the semi-sleeper look! That thing must be so much fun to drive!
Old 08-22-09, 01:57 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

looks good man...
I feel the same way, dont listen to those hater..........
Old 08-22-09, 02:18 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Hot diggity dayum this is nice. I didn't read it earlier, but is it run off a 2JZ-GE or GTE setup? I swear it's the former, but I'm so tired I can't tell.

Quick Reply: DaveH T61...complete =) (pics!)