Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

fuel pump upgrade??? please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 10:38 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I got it from a local shop (Gearhead) and they didnt give me the pigtail to go with it. I went back today and they tried to charge me extra for it so i told them to take the whole pump back and Id get it online... They gave it to me for free right away lol.
Old 09-10-09, 12:58 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGreen
If you got ur pump for driftmotion they sell the wrong one, there is an extra number that is needed i believe. go to the walbro site and u will see what i am talking about. Dont worry tho cause with a little bending it will fit just fine. I didnt want to wait for that while i did my swap and it has been working fine
or just cut the wires and re solder the correct clip on?
Old 11-20-09, 09:55 PM
SurfsUP
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slappy96
Denso TT works fine. Clip pos and neg wires on pump hanger and put ring ends on. You also need the rubber pump bottom mount, filter sock and tiny metal clip retainer for the sock. Bend the metal output tube on the hanger up slightly. Secure pump to hanger with worm clamp. For constant 12v output and ecu safety shutoff wire 12v direct from batt with relay using 9v output as the trigger.
I'm half way through with my TT fuel pump with my SC and just have one quick question about the pos and neg connection. The stock SC's fuel pump uses a connector type but the TT fuel pump has a pos and neg ring poles with nuts to screw down to tighten for power connection that is exposed. Will this be ok, cause when I was removing the stock SC's fuel pump I can see that the whole pump is submerged in the fuel tank with fuel. The thing that concerns me is the the the new pos and neg connection is now exposed and submerged together in the fuel tank with fuel.