Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

fuel pump upgrade??? please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 12:27 AM
scturbo28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump upgrade??? please help

I want to upgrade my fuel pump since i am going to be boosting , i have an sc300 . What fuel pump is a direct fit for an sc 300 without doing modifications if so . Once again thank you community for you input . Also what do i need beside supra tt injectors if i am going to drop them in my 1jzgte . will these injectors work or do i need something else .
Old 08-16-09, 01:57 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Walbro is kinda loud. The TT pump outflows the Walbro by quite a bit, and is quiet.

Last edited by OneJay; 09-10-09 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-16-09, 02:45 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't listen to noobs. Walbro is great and inexpensive. Flows more than stock MKIV one. It's also not that loud. You will never hear it over the exhaust. I have two of them.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fue...est/index.html
Old 08-16-09, 05:24 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The denso is about 2x as much as a walbro. Most people down here have been running the walbro without any problems. I currently have one in my car. Some people choose to run dual walbros if there making over 500hp. And some have been making it with one.

It is louder than the denso but it works very good in my experiance. It's a good thing to do the fuel ecu bypass mod too.
Old 08-16-09, 05:44 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

I say do your own research, the walbros are good and cheap...
the denso are good too, but cost a bit more...
Old 08-16-09, 09:43 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
^^^ go search supraforums. It'll take you 3 seconds to find a guy saying his walbro's failed on him. And in the exact same post a guy will say you should have gotten a denso supra tt pump. Then multiply that by like a ton of times for all the threads you will find saying the exact samething.

And isnt the price difference around ~20 dollars too? Thats not really inexpensive in my book.
Woow. Supraforums is really full of winners. Here is another equation. Take the number of all the people running Denso and compare it to the number of people running dual Walbros. Then you'll see every one is running dual Walbros. It happens. Get a fuel pressure gauge.

I was running a single Walbro for a while. That same fuel pump was passed around 5 other cars. I'm running new dual Walbros over 3 years now.
Old 08-16-09, 11:29 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Denso TT works fine. Clip pos and neg wires on pump hanger and put ring ends on. You also need the rubber pump bottom mount, filter sock and tiny metal clip retainer for the sock. Bend the metal output tube on the hanger up slightly. Secure pump to hanger with worm clamp. For constant 12v output and ecu safety shutoff wire 12v direct from batt with relay using 9v output as the trigger.
Old 08-18-09, 07:28 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Woow. Supraforums is really full of winners. Here is another equation. Take the number of all the people running Denso and compare it to the number of people running dual Walbros. Then you'll see every one is running dual Walbros. It happens. Get a fuel pressure gauge.

I was running a single Walbro for a while. That same fuel pump was passed around 5 other cars. I'm running new dual Walbros over 3 years now.
I've been in DIrEctQL's SC. Its not loud at all...I thought you only had one pump.
Old 08-18-09, 07:47 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Walbros are good pumps they don't like e85 that is the only problem i have found.
Old 08-19-09, 05:07 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

more tuners as i have as well are getting away from old school dual in tank pumps in favor of a walbro or bosch pump intank and a walbro or bosch 044 inline..

the intank inline setup has proven to be more effective for they work in harmony as opposed to fighting for the same fuel in slosh tank..

i have a walbro intank and a walbro gsl392 inline and with this combo it flows up to 85 psi maybe alittle more with no pressure drop in high sustained boost..

if power goals are say up to 600 ish on pump gas walbro intank and walbro inline is where its at ( btw both pumps will now have about 50% less pressure at each feed point so less strain on them and they will work for years)

if goals are more lofty then either a denso or bosch 044 intank with a bosch 044 inline and your good for over 1000 rwhp

think of it this way intank no longer has to suck fuel and push it 6 feet to rail and maintain pressure while doing so, now it feeds to the inline which is about 18 inches from tank which now becomes zero pressure point so intank has to work over 50% less , inline now takes the fuel supplied to it and sends to rail so the 255lph inline can now effectively flow the full 255lph with no pressure drop to 90 psi

base pressure of most setups should be about 40psi + 25 psi of boost you need about 65 to 70 psi static pressure with no drop off to run safe and with the above setup you have headroom to 90 psi
Old 08-19-09, 08:19 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

patience my friend, i got my mk4 tt fuel pump for 100 bucks.. search classifieds on SF forums...
Old 08-20-09, 07:53 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

I just did my swap and went with the walbro 255hp, I will say that it works fine but it is kinda loud if you dont have loud pipes or a system.
Old 08-21-09, 05:44 PM
traps1971
Driver

one guy has a pump fail and there all crap.....NOT have run these pumps in all my cars over the last 18 years never had one fail.
Old 09-09-09, 07:02 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I just got a walbro 255 but the two prong clips dont match up with the stock clip. What part number for the walbro pump did you guys use for your sc300s?
Old 09-09-09, 11:13 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

If you got ur pump for driftmotion they sell the wrong one, there is an extra number that is needed i believe. go to the walbro site and u will see what i am talking about. Dont worry tho cause with a little bending it will fit just fine. I didnt want to wait for that while i did my swap and it has been working fine

Quick Reply: fuel pump upgrade??? please help