Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo 2jzgte into 1998 sc300

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-10, 07:40 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my supra from david. He installed aristo twins on my na shell. When i got the car the oil return lines were leaking and some of the couplers were in a very bad positions. I had my buddies at audi look over everything and told me to return the car. Im over 1600 miles away so i called david. Dave told me the car wasnt for me and to ship the car back. I then took my car to first state motorsports and they told me it wasnt as bad as i thought. The weak 5 speed tranny actually blew up on me but that was my fault i believe. Anyways David paid for my car to get the leaks fixed from texas. I know with a 15 year old car the normal **** happens. The car came with cut springs bare essentials. I didnt complain that much but all and all dave seems to be legit. Ive told some of my buddies to trust and buy from dave. It sucks this **** happens but you can do what you have to do.
Old 02-16-10, 01:39 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've too have dealt with David over the years (8 to be exact); i've bought numerous parts from him for my past sc300, my silver supra and my current supra. He's always been of great character. I think the freight company might have swipped the swap and loaded it up with junk. Best of luck.
Old 02-16-10, 02:23 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by howat
Last update.

Yesterday, received a confirmation from my Citi Card saying

"
We have great news! The billing dispute on your Citi(R)
Dividend Platinum Select(R) account for the transaction on
07/21/2009 in the amount of $5,000.00 has been resolved.

The conditional credit previously posted to your account is
now permanent.
"

It did take a while, however I never thought the outcome would be different.
Thx for listening and be warned.
Wow, $5K for an Aristo swap. That's like double what they cost in South Florida! That's really expensive!!!!
Old 02-19-10, 06:53 AM
DOVE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE from me. I had a local friend overhaul the engine in my car and it's running wonderfully now. It's also been converted to a R154 5 speed.

If anyone is local to Dallas and needs a mechanic who specializes on Supra motors let me know. This guy went to high school with some of my friends and has always been a stand up guy.

I was on the verge of losing all hope for my SC, problem after problem, but this guy performed a miracle.