Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

aristo 2jz-gte swap into sc300

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09, 10:39 AM
2JZGTSC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aristo 2jz-gte swap into sc300

it's been a long time since i decided to do this swap...right now i'm waiting on a jic spartan series jdm exhaust system...been waiting for almost 3 months....anyways it should be here soon and once it is i'm going to swap the engine and put the exhaust on, i just need help with the wiring harness and i heard dr.tweak was the man to do it, does anyone have his contact info? and i need to know if a front mount intercooler for a soarer 1jz will work for my aristo 2jz i know the soarer and sc300 is the same thing so the mount will fit but will the piping line up with the 2jz motor? and does anyone out there have any suggestions on performance parts i should buy for it? should i be shopping for aristo parts? i just got into cars recently so i don't know that much about this kind of thing any help would be appreciated i'll be posting pics later today of my car
Old 08-25-09, 10:45 AM
Jay-Balrog
Driver

phoenixtuning.com for tweak if im not mistaken
Old 08-27-09, 09:17 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for phoenixtuning.com
Dr. Tweak did mine and it's great

Soarer IC will work for piping, just realize it's not quite as large as the 2JZ IC. See my thread in sig for pics, but I managed to fit the 2JZ stock IC and piping. Had to take off the front plastic shroud for the IC and put a bracket on the tow hook. Supra front sway bar was installed also. The dip in the sway is angled back more to free up room for the IC piping to the intake.
Old 08-27-09, 09:19 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for not reading your post closely enough. I was talking about the SMIC. I've never even installed a FMIC so I can't really comment.
Old 08-28-09, 08:24 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as the fmic kit is for a soarer and not a mkiii supra it should work with little modifications or none at all. Don't worry about shopping for aristo parts 2jz's are practically all the same even the ge's(Block's). Aristo's have smaller cams and ceramic turbos, no egr system, and 440cc injectors unlike the usdm's 550's. Some parts to get would be complete supra tt waterpump, valve cover hoses, spark plugs and new belts. Check SupraForum's for sale section. Crazy deals on aftermarket parts!

Cams
Fuel System
Intake Setup
Single Turbo Setup
What mods you should get all depends on what your plans are.
Old 08-29-09, 12:36 PM
2JZGTSC300
Driver School Candidate

thanks 1sicsc very helpful...i ordered the fmic from dr.tweak i should be pullling the engine out of my sc soon then i'll just have to send out my wiring harness and wait for my plug n play to arrive i'll be posting pics soon