Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How to put NOS on a SC300 VVTi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-09, 01:27 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schase
i use to run a dry 75 shot on my sc300
i use afc2 to turn up fuel and have a air/fuel guage
u jus gotta know "its a time to spray n a time not to spray"
what year was your SC300?
Old 08-31-09, 07:43 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Mine was a 2002 MSM 5-speed. To be safe...screw dry shots, just run wet like I did. You don't have to run an safc or anything just put it on WOT switch off the throttle body.
Old 08-31-09, 09:24 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jefferino
Mine was a 2002 MSM 5-speed. To be safe...screw dry shots, just run wet like I did. You don't have to run an safc or anything just put it on WOT switch off the throttle body.
yeah im planning to use a wet kit.my car is auto.you think i will have to worry about the tranny.or hitting rev limiter?
Old 08-31-09, 10:03 PM
bigpanda16
Driver School Candidate

hitting the rev limiter-only in the last gear, i mean it may wear your auto prematurely having all that torque belting while its shifting, perhaps lift to shift(near 6k+ then get back into it)
but who really cares about a340's anyway, blow that **** and 5speed swap it!
Old 09-02-09, 09:51 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigpanda16
hitting the rev limiter-only in the last gear, i mean it may wear your auto prematurely having all that torque belting while its shifting, perhaps lift to shift(near 6k+ then get back into it)
but who really cares about a340's anyway, blow that **** and 5speed swap it!
Sounds good,thanks
Old 09-09-09, 10:12 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

cant find info on the right jets for a 100hp shot and 125hp shot.
Old 09-10-09, 03:40 AM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Here is a jet calculator. It should be pretty self explanatory if you are familiar with nitrous setups.

http://ny-trex.com/calculator.php
Old 09-10-09, 10:24 AM
TumblerZ30
Driver

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
^^^^ y in the hell would u wanna do this mane?? Jus boost it ur better off that way..or leave it n/a...imo nos is a great way to kill ur motor..unless ur tryin to kill ur n/a then u have no choice but to go 1j or 2j...then im up for it but if not then y bother bro.....nos is like putting a turbo on ur car without any intercooler piping or a intercooler
.....LiCelsior already said what I was going to say with a much nicer approach.

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
im sorry but do u know what ur talking about?
Comments like his deserve some serious sarcasm, you were to kind.

Back to the topic, I agree that NOS can be set up properly. But, I will disagree with the fact that it is not harmful to the internals of the motor over time. Separately, if you have it in your schedule and budget to swap motors in the event of catastrophic failure, by all means do it.
Old 09-10-09, 05:45 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

for anything over a 100 shot i would recommend 2 step colder plugs. also if you do decide to do anything over 125 i would look into something to adjust timing you could pick up a used crane trc-1 or trc-2 that would be cheap and work perfect for retarding timing for nitrous there are also other units out there that perform the same task
Old 09-10-09, 09:37 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

so far so good guy with the install.its harder then when i had NOS on my hondas.but now im stuck.cant figure out how to mount the WOT switch.to work at WOT.ill put up pix of the install.i have a muilt-step retard from MSD.ill put it in if i need to.thanks again for all the input.
Old 09-11-09, 03:34 AM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Originally Posted by 98$c300
so far so good guy with the install.its harder then when i had NOS on my hondas.but now im stuck.cant figure out how to mount the WOT switch.to work at WOT.ill put up pix of the install.i have a muilt-step retard from MSD.ill put it in if i need to.thanks again for all the input.
I'm not sure what switch you have, or how it may differ from the ones that I sell. I'm assuming you were looking at the throttle cables.... another place to try is mounting it so that the arm of the gas pedal activates it as soon as the pedal hits the ground. Typically there is a fulcrum point and when the gas pedal is pressed, part of that arm comes out towards the drive. I use to have that part trigger it. If the pedal was to the floor, I was at WOT.

Here is a picture of the WOT switch and bracket that I used:

Old 09-11-09, 10:31 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Yeah Joe that's the one I'm using.I was trying up by the throttle body but it was not happening.I try today inside the car by the gas pedal.you have a picture of the switch on the gas pedal?thanks
Old 09-12-09, 04:59 AM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Originally Posted by 98$c300
Yeah Joe that's the one I'm using.I was trying up by the throttle body but it was not happening.I try today inside the car by the gas pedal.you have a picture of the switch on the gas pedal?thanks
I don't have any pictures of that mounted. I used this mounting technique (I guess you can call it) on a Scion TC because it does not use a drive by wire setup. I did however, create some professional illustrations that may help give you a mental image of how to mount it.

First, In case you didn't know, that bracket can be bent. On the Scion, I bent 2 roughly 90 degree angles in it. I mounted the bracket on a bolt that was used to hold a plastic cover over the steering column boot since it was close to the fulcrum point. After you get it close enough to be triggered, make sure the system isn't armed and bend the bracket so that switch is only triggered when the gas pedal touches (or almost touches) the floor. This will ensure that you are only spraying when at WOT.

One thing to take note of. It's raining outside, so I'm not sure if there is a similar mounting point in the SC as there is in a scion.... regardless, I think this will help you get an idea of how to accomplish this. When the sun comes out a little more I will check in my car on how it looks like... I will also be looking for mounting points since I am putting one in my project car until I can do forced induction.

Soon you can take this...

and do this...(PS-this was security footage of my car lol....a perk that I had when I worked for the system)
Old 09-13-09, 07:42 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

updated with pix...
Old 09-13-09, 08:05 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Just a tip...take it or leave it... If you want a cleaner looking install, but some fuel line from the auto part store and cut a slit down the length of it. Then use it to cover the nitrous lines and/or wiring... congrats on the install.... by the way... how did you setup your WOT switch?

Quick Reply: How to put NOS on a SC300 VVTi?