Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How to put NOS on a SC300 VVTi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 06:37 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :UPDATED:How to put NOS on a SC300 VVTi?

Hey CL family.need some help here.this froum has a lot of info for BOOSTING,2js,1js.but nothing on spraying.i would like to go wet system.so i want to know anything addition i need.to make it run right.maybe on a 100-150 shot.

Here i ran the main nitrous line.on the passenger side into the trunk.

I removed the radio bezel,to run my wiring.i took out my ash tray,cuz i dont smoke dont need it.yellow is 12v power with inline fuse.blue is power to purge valve.brown is ground.

Better view of the wiring.

Here i ran the wires out.

This is where i put my solenoids.you can see the yellow power wire.and the blue power purge wire.
More pix up soon.

Last edited by 98$c300; 09-13-09 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-26-09, 06:52 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98$c300
Hey CL family.need some help here.this froum has a lot of info for BOOSTING,2js,1js.but nothing on spraying.i would like to go wet system.so i want to know anything addition i need.to make it run right.maybe on a 100-150 shot.
^^^^ y in the hell would u wanna do this mane?? Jus boost it ur better off that way..or leave it n/a...imo nos is a great way to kill ur motor..unless ur tryin to kill ur n/a then u have no choice but to go 1j or 2j...then im up for it but if not then y bother bro.....nos is like putting a turbo on ur car without any intercooler piping or a intercooler
Old 08-26-09, 07:34 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

i have the kit laying around.im bore of the na.i have ran NOS before,on hondas.so i figure why not.till it blows,then go with my 2jzgte plan.but in the mean time have something to play.lol
Old 08-26-09, 07:44 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just plumb it to the intake after the Maf and tap into a fuel line for your fuel source. Run 1 step colder plugs and you should be good to go. Theres not much to nitrous kits, as im sure you know...
Old 08-26-09, 07:50 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
nos is like putting a turbo on ur car without any intercooler piping or a intercooler
How so?

I've run nitrous on several different vehicles, but never on an SC. I don't really care to chime in too much on my nitrous usage because I generally find 3 types of people out there.

1. Boosted guys hating on it
2. Guys who have never used it but "know" someone that blew their motor by putting a 375 shot on their 4 door civic
3. Guys who are curious but tend to scare away when 1 and 2 chime in.

I've owned nitrous cars, turbo'd cars, and currently have a supercharged car. Each have their own pro's and con's. I do enjoy each. I have a lot of respect for the guys who put in the wrench time for the development of their own powerplants. My plans for my project SC400 is to run it on nitrous. Primarily because it's a weekend joy rider and my wife wants bottles in it. If the motor blows...great! Engine swap! I'm in the process of pulling the motor to rebuild the engine. Unfortunately I planned to pull it this weekend, but work came up, so I have to push it off until next weekend. I will post pics of my progress as I go.

Id' recommend posting your questions on this forum http://nitrousforum.com/ for all of your nitrous questions. There are a lot of guys on there that really know the in's and out's of nitrous and motors.
Old 08-26-09, 10:31 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

just do it. 100 shot
Old 08-26-09, 11:05 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

If you set up your nitrous system correctly you will not blow your motor. The reason that so many people do pop their motors with nitrous is because it is not set up properly, if you do set it up properly you can run it just as reliably as a turbo set up. I have lots of experience with nitrous, I ran a 150 progressive shot on my old Nissan for 3 years and put countless bottles through it. The car is still running by the way, haha.

Anyways without going into too much detail there are a few things you should keep in mind when setting up nitrous. An important detail is having an RPM window switch, basically an RPM window switch will only allow the nitrous to be injected in a certain RPM range. You do not want to start squeezing below somewhere around 3k, and it is important to stop squeezing around 500rpm before redline. Also you are going to want to have a WOT(wide open throttle) switch, which most nitrous systems come with. This will ensure that nitrous is only injected when you are at WOT. You never want nitrous to be injected unless you are at WOT. You said you are looking into a wet system which is wise. Another thing to think about is a progressive controller. A progressive controller will for example spray a 75hp shot at 3000 and step up to a 150hp shot at 6000 rpm. In theory since you motor is spinning at twice the RPM it can handle twice as big of a shot without putting any additional stress on the motor.

There are a ton of helpful resources on the internet that will help you set up your system properly! Hope this helped...

Josh
Old 08-26-09, 11:09 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

hey rich, its your money, do what you wanna do...
spray that ******.....
Old 08-27-09, 12:02 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for all the input.I have had nitrous cars before.just never a lexus.and mine is vvti.so I just wanted to know if I needed anything special.plus I'm bored of running all motor.and if it blows I already have plan B.
Old 08-27-09, 07:51 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

I ran nitrous on a Scion TC with VVTI and didn't really have any issues with that.
Old 08-28-09, 07:39 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Back in 2001, I ran a NOS N2O wet kit on my is300 which is damn near the same engine as this back in the day. Tapped the fuel rail, put nozzles into the intake tube, put on a throttle switch and sprayed a 75 shot all the time. Just put one step colder plugs in it to ensure it was running properly and safely
Old 08-28-09, 01:53 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

I hope you take pics along the way if you choose to install nitrous.
Old 08-28-09, 04:34 PM
schase
Pole Position

i use to run a dry 75 shot on my sc300
i use afc2 to turn up fuel and have a air/fuel guage
u jus gotta know "its a time to spray n a time not to spray"
Old 08-28-09, 05:07 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
^^^^ y in the hell would u wanna do this mane?? Jus boost it ur better off that way..or leave it n/a...imo nos is a great way to kill ur motor..unless ur tryin to kill ur n/a then u have no choice but to go 1j or 2j...then im up for it but if not then y bother bro.....nos is like putting a turbo on ur car without any intercooler piping or a intercooler
im sorry but do u know what ur talking about?
Old 08-30-09, 01:26 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jefferino
Back in 2001, I ran a NOS N2O wet kit on my is300 which is damn near the same engine as this back in the day. Tapped the fuel rail, put nozzles into the intake tube, put on a throttle switch and sprayed a 75 shot all the time. Just put one step colder plugs in it to ensure it was running properly and safely
was your is300 auto?i already dropped in the colder plugs.i have an inline fuel pump that i might use for safty.

Quick Reply: How to put NOS on a SC300 VVTi?