Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

walk through of manual conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-09, 11:31 PM
ensang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walk through of manual conversion?

I've searched about the auto to manual conversion and ran into the walk through but the link did not work https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-threads.html
Does anyone have the walk through on auto to manual conversion for the sc300? I'm trying to get that done so i wanna know exactly what i need and not so sure about the wiriing harness....Can someone give me some insights thanks!
Old 12-16-10, 04:49 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump for DIY!!!
Old 12-16-10, 10:00 PM
Cletus
Rookie

right here it is, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...with-pics.html if you read down to near the end they came up with a simple solve by removing the wire off the starter and running a new one and splicing it in on the ecu.
Old 12-16-10, 10:24 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Originally Posted by Cletus
right here it is, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...with-pics.html if you read down to near the end they came up with a simple solve by removing the wire off the starter and running a new one and splicing it in on the ecu.
this is how to trick the car into starting..
i'm trying to find a complete right up on how to do the swap!?!
thank you
Old 12-17-10, 11:53 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this isn't a write up, but the pics may help you.

http://l e x u s n e t.com/forums/index.php/topic,682.msg6494.html#msg6494
Old 12-17-10, 01:02 PM
Cletus
Rookie

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
this is how to trick the car into starting..
i'm trying to find a complete right up on how to do the swap!?!
thank you
im in the process of doing one right now so i might be missing stuff too. so im not trying to sound arrogant, but i thought it was pretty straight forward, although mine was already mated. if not then youll need a
flywheel, clutch throw-out bearing, shift fork, the pivot ball, bellhousing all of this can be bought thru Aaron at driftmotion hes awesome. tranny mount, the crossmember will work if you have a jdm mount from what aaron said, the mount he sells only works with 2 holes but he said it wasnt a problem. all the clutch pedal assembly and shift boot everything you need is from driftmotion.

as far as wiring goes havent gotten there but i believe all that is need is the reverse lights to be hooked up, that trick i posted a link to bypass the neutral safety switch and hook the speed sensor up. I think the usdm sensors on the trannys are mechanical and jdm are digital not sure on that tho.
Old 12-17-10, 01:07 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

as far as wiring goes havent gotten there but i believe all that is need is the reverse lights to be hooked up, that trick i posted a link to bypass the neutral safety switch and hook the speed sensor up.
More to wiring than what you mention if you want seat memory, cruise control, and no blinking O/D off.
Old 12-17-10, 09:06 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
I know this isn't a write up, but the pics may help you.

http://l e x u s n e t.com/forums/index.php/topic,682.msg6494.html#msg6494

i'm not going to lie i did enjoy studying the pictures..
at the end of the day it really was helpful!
thanks
Old 12-18-10, 06:48 AM
Sammosti
Rookie

im in the process of doing one right now so i might be missing stuff too. so im not trying to sound arrogant, but i thought it was pretty straight forward, although mine was already mated. if not then youll need a
flywheel, clutch throw-out bearing, shift fork, the pivot ball, bellhousing all of this can be bought thru Aaron at driftmotion hes awesome. tranny mount, the crossmember will work if you have a jdm mount from what aaron said, the mount he sells only works with 2 holes but he said it wasnt a problem. all the clutch pedal assembly and shift boot everything you need is from driftmotion.

as far as wiring goes havent gotten there but i believe all that is need is the reverse lights to be hooked up, that trick i posted a link to bypass the neutral safety switch and hook the speed sensor up. I think the usdm sensors on the trannys are mechanical and jdm are digital not sure on that tho.
I just start my conversion as well. My question is if I am swapping the auto ECU with the 5-speed ECU, do I still need to deal with the NSS?
Old 12-18-10, 06:52 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sammosti
I just start my conversion as well. My question is if I am swapping the auto ECU with the 5-speed ECU, do I still need to deal with the NSS?
Yes, you do. FYI, you don't need the 5 speed ECU. I ran with the auto ECU for a while, then tried the 5 speed ECU hoping it would fix my cruise control. It didn't. I have other cruise issues.
Old 12-19-10, 06:52 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Well, reading this thread has encouraged me to get out and get my stuff working. This morning I fixed the memory seats. You have to supply 12v to the grey wire on B6 of the Tilt\Telescopic ECU under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I'll snap some pics later.
Old 12-19-10, 10:38 AM
Sammosti
Rookie

For those who have done it. How on earth can you fit yourself under the steering wheel to replace and install those pedals?
I am not big at all. 6'1, 170lb. I took off the front seat, lie flat down and I still can't get both arms under the steering column to remove the black and white controller boxes, then the brake pedal.

By the way, I have search and I haven't come across a full wrote up on the swap. I am piecing information here and there.
I have been taking pic from the beginning, so hopefully I can post up the 'DIY' when I finish.

Just out of curiosity, anyone in MA is doing or have done the swap?
Old 12-19-10, 11:07 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sammosti
For those who have done it. How on earth can you fit yourself under the steering wheel to replace and install those pedals?
I am not big at all. 6'1, 170lb. I took off the front seat, lie flat down and I still can't get both arms under the steering column to remove the black and white controller boxes, then the brake pedal.
I'm 6'2" 190 lbs and arthritic. Maybe it's in the tools? I cut myself up pretty good and it was painful to contort for sure, but possible.
Old 12-19-10, 11:17 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

I fixed the cruise control now too. You simply need to cut the black and white wire on the cruise ECU on pin #2. I recommend you wire it to the upper clutch switch for cancellation. I have to give credit to someone else who's name eludes me right now. He said I just need to wire it up to the clutch, but never said which wire or anything like that. This was a long time ago so I may have some facts incorrect, but I think it was RedPhoenix.
Old 12-20-10, 04:34 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Quick Reply: walk through of manual conversion?