Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ running good, sorta...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 05:30 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will send you the info tonight.
Old 11-20-09, 08:43 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quickGS300
I will send you the info tonight.
That would be awesome!

Thanks for the help.

A little more info as of last night's troubleshooting:

So I confirmed that the black wire with the orange stripe on the white connector makes its way somehow to the noise filter by the ignitor. That wire has no black/orange wire on the female side of the body plug in the cabin meaning its not hooking up to anything. I have to figure out what wire to hook this up to.

I traced the wire and it APPEARS that out of the noise filter it goes into the fusebox. After that I cannot tell where it goes. I do know that there is a black/orange wire on the ecu itself, 4th plug second row all the way to the right if your looking at the ECU inputs. I tried tapping this black/orange wire to the other black/orange wire thats not connected to anything with no change.

I do remember that something i did in the swap that I wasnt too happy about and might lead to some info. On the passanger side int he engine bay, there is another filter that looks identical to the one by the 1JZ ignitor. Same colors and everything. I remember that I was looking for somewhere to plug this connector that I found by the alternator and I figured it was for that (stupid assumption). I removed that connector and changed it to my connector on my GE harness so that those two wires would plug into that filter. THE TWO WIRE COLORS WERE LIGHT GREEN WITH A BLACK STRIPE AND LIGHT GREEN WITH A RED STRIPE. Im not sure what these two wires are for, but the more i think about it, the more i think they were probably supposed to go to the steering rack cause I cant find a connector to hook up to the active steering solenoid.

I'm not sure if that could be effecting anything if I hooked up the wrong wires to that noise filter. I don't see how, but it may be something.

Also, there is a Green wire on the white plug that also connects to nothing. It was originally in the pin location that connected to the CEL light, so I moved the corresponding pin to match up the CEL wires to get the CEL to work, which it does.

So to rap this up, I have two wires on the soarer harness body plugs that are not connected to anything on the SC female side body plug harness, a black wire with an orange stripe and a green wire with no stripe...just green.

I tried tracing that green wire as i thought it might be going to the ignitor, but no luck. Im not sure where it goes.

One last thing: Since the swap was an auto 1J and went into a w58 95, is there anything that I have to do to the wiring that went to the old transmission? I have a couple connectors that arent connected to anything. Maybe that might be something to do with it?

ALL INPUT GREATLY APPREIATED GUYS....LETS GET THIS THING ON THE ROAD!!!! THE CAR NEEDS TO GET OFF THE RAMPS!!
Old 11-20-09, 10:40 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PM me your phone number maybe we can resolve the issue over the week end .
Old 11-23-09, 05:18 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So i think something might have gotten screwed up.

I could not find a place to tap the black wire with orange stripe. It was on IK2 pin#1. I connected it to another wire with the same colors, and now the car will not start. I think it might have grounded it when it was not supposed to be grounded or vis versa.

So I think now i have to either get a new ECU or a new ignitor, depending on what burned. Hopefully its just a fuse?

We shall see....

On a side note, i made another thread with no responses. Im looking where to run this black/orange wire thats located on IK2

Anyone know where I can run this black wire with orange stripe? I believe this goes to the noise filter by the ignitor.

All help greatly appreciated.