Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

About to buy a 1jzgte

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 10:07 AM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Net
thats a great price for a complete(?) 1JZ. Now If you're really getting it for that cheap (i'm kind of skeptic about its condition) and its definitely in Good/Working shape, then i say go for it, since you apparently have your mind set on it.

have you figured out what you're doing about a tranny?
It looks decent, Im going to have my mechanic, which is a good freind, look at it. For the tranny im going to be using my w58..... how much hp can it hold up to?

Originally Posted by RyanV
Look at the motor first and see how clean it is. A low mileage 1jz shouldn't have signs of major oil leaks. If the motor looks old and dirty it probably wasn't maintained.

With the GTE motors you wont have the dumb over the valve cover pipe which makes changing sparkplugs a pita.

If you buy from JHOT you have 30 days to start it up and check for major issues..does this other motor for $750 have a startup warranty?

Im buying the engine from a good freind so I know he's not trying to burn me. The engine was used before on an automatic tranny so it wasnt abused.