Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 03:58 PM

i did cap them off...lol no problem ask me anything your helping me out by asking! ok so now im aiming to a leak somewhere from where the head meets the lower runners or a leak where the upper tt manifold and lower tt manifold meets or both lol. i used silicone to seal it together instead of useing gasket where the lower ge runners meet the upper tt should i just get a gasket and try it? it seams like a strong seal where it is right now what do you think?

so next ill probably try to get the upper and lower manifold pressure tested some how...any idea how i can do this? and if there is a leak it most likey can only be where i modded the lower and upper tt and ill clean up all the silicone and pick a gasket and use that. then ill instaill everything back with a new intake gasket. then see what happends if it still does the same thing and does not idle right ill check the distrubuter mybe its off? what is the symptoms on the car with the dissy timing off?

thanks lex for checking your sensors for me!
Old 12-05-09, 06:31 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No prob bro,

You can pressure test where the TB starts. I'd say make a round circle side of TB and somehow make a small nipple that goes to the round circle.Tape the circle to the TB and silicone the nipple to the circle. The get something or just blow it with your mouth to see of you got leaks.

It shouldnt be too hard,unles you can get your lips around the TB and blow it like that.......... ROTFL........

I dont think vacume suction is very high at idle anyway.

And remember, i think TT manifold has a vacume line that goes to Power steering,maybe its hidden somewhere on the bottom.
Old 12-06-09, 02:30 AM

ill give it a try. also for the egr stuff under the manifold can i remove it? there is 2 plugs down both of them have hardlines/vac. do i just remove it and leave the plugs hanging or put a resister on it or somthing?

here's a pic of what it looks like its right under the manifold i tryied searching and i think from what i read people remove it but never said what to do with the plugs. i guess that i just leave it having but just to make sure befor i put it back together
thanks!

Last edited by djkevin510; 12-06-09 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-06-09, 02:00 PM

ok i did a pressure test! and i found a leak! a hole for the stock tt tb was leaking i guess welder didnt think it would leak... but i plug it up so now the manifold/runners is now "GOOD" im buying a new intake gasket tommrow then instaill it then do a pressure test again. so i hope now when i start the car it idles fine....

but just wondering would a vac leak make the car hard to start? i have to try at lease 5 cranks till i get the car started....
Old 12-07-09, 07:29 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Did you remove the cold start injector? That could be the reson why it doesnt start ?

Dont put those pieces back,you dont need them.Mine runs fine without them.
Old 12-07-09, 08:01 PM

what's the cold start injector look like? lol i guess I'm learning the engine as i go.

also what did you do with the 2 plug connecters that go's into this thing..just leave it? or put resister on them?

Last edited by djkevin510; 12-07-09 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-08-09, 08:29 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

No leave them,but put the resister in the other plug.

Heres the pic(not sure who's is it)hope they dont mind.
Attached Thumbnails need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project-dscn03051fd2.jpg  
Old 12-08-09, 01:08 PM

forsure thanks lex man!!!! soo whats the cold start?
Old 12-09-09, 03:42 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Cold start injector is the extra injector that sits in your intake plenum ,and it sprays extra fuel to start your car better on cold days.

I tried to find a pic of it in my FSM but i can only come up with 1uz engine.Maybe we dont have one?
Old 12-15-09, 10:42 AM
Pspice
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have any luck dude?