Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

i want to build my motor...i have an extra 2jzge..should i build it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09 | 03:46 PM
platano47
Driver

good **** lexforlife....and for sure on the accompanying mods that go with everything to run 10's...i didnt mean it as just pistons alone would get me there. now lex, putting in gte pistons....do you have to put the oil squirters? i really dont want to but would that affect anything? even if my ge has oil squirters can i remove them? i heard it builds better oil pressure.....the more info the better. thanks guys., like i said pics of my ride will be up soon
Old 12-10-09 | 04:43 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by platano47
good **** lexforlife....and for sure on the accompanying mods that go with everything to run 10's...i didnt mean it as just pistons alone would get me there. now lex, putting in gte pistons....do you have to put the oil squirters? i really dont want to but would that affect anything? even if my ge has oil squirters can i remove them? i heard it builds better oil pressure.....the more info the better. thanks guys., like i said pics of my ride will be up soon
The GE block has the area where the Oil Squirters are at and if you wanted to you can drill them out. If you don't wish to drill them out you can just install an Oil Cooler. As I've heard many times from some of the biggest racers in the market such as Titan, Big Daddy, etc. In no way is the GE block better than the GTE block, but the reason that a lot of racers are using the GE blocks these days is because they're much easier/cheaper to come by versus the GTE.

That's just my $.02 Good luck with your build..
Old 12-10-09 | 06:31 PM
platano47
Driver

damn wickedsc just threw a wrench in my pipe dream. how is that so though? i know that toyota did not have to separate molds for the same block....it'll cost to much. its like the vg30 from nissan, its the same as the turbo model. i dont see how the ge is different then the gte....like the british say, bullocks. o sorry for saying the s word, didnt know i couldnt.