Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Mechtech SC400 twin turbo kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-02, 12:41 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about we just buy their intake and exhaust manifold? We can make the rest of the kit ourselves and not get used on the cost of the parts.
Old 05-13-02, 12:42 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they will rip you off either way
Old 05-13-02, 01:28 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

I don't have a guy, I'm going by prices quoted here for manifolds...

all i care about is the manifolds on the car... i can get the rest

IC piping will be simplistic, downpipes won't be a problem (unless you guys wanna pay $$$ for 3" mandrel bend pieces... that ain't cheap for downpipes

turbo source already, i know my plan on fuel/ignition tuning and addons...

twin T28s or twin T3s, twin intercooled, bump up to 440 injectors using an AFC or other tuning device like a Greddy Emanage, MSD BTM or emanage... Walboro 255lph fuel pump...
10-12psi on pump gas i can guarentee with correct tuning; and 450rwhp as a result...
and yes I believe its doable for $6k not installed

if you guys are sincerely interested, I'll go look around for people that do manifold work for the local redneck hotrods around here

Last edited by Bean; 05-13-02 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-13-02, 01:53 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric Lapka at E.L. Prototypes, I posted all the info before, do a search and you'll find it no problem, but remember he needs a car first to develop the kit with, then he can produce the manifolds and sell a pkg. Price would be $6000 ballpark, but no more than $8000 guaranteed, and that's for the first one. As VSsc400 knows, there's a shop by us that's willing to fab some manifolds for the 1UZ, supposedly they use the same guy who does the manifolds for Job Spetter @ Turbo People, hi-end goods, he said he can do Inconel if I want, long as i'm willing to pay, i'll take a ride over there maybe this weekend if there's time, and see how much they would commit to doing an SC4 TT setup for, bottom line, should be able to come to a figure more reasonable than $12,000, for that money I can pop in a GTE motor and would much rather do so, so this is the last shot for the couple of us that are still rooting for the 1UZ but demand to see some serious hp. I've basically thrown in the towel on the 4.0 litre, but i'm glad to see some of you (especially Dennis) are looking to keep the torch burning...

P.S. - Gotta e-mail Ethan about picking up an SC4 to TT, as that was the original function of the SC400 turbo kit thread, if ya look back about fifty pages....

Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-13-02 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-14-02, 04:56 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

this beggs to be researched. I am not what you would call exactly techincal. I have some good turbo connections they are used to doing all 4 bangers but I'm sure I can get something out of them. Get me a list of whatever is needed to create a complete twin turbo setup. I am willing to put my car out of commission for a few weeks but I would need some help figuring things out since I'm not so techinical. If someone will be good enough to list all the parts I will start the process of gathering them. If all goes well we can expect to have a TT setup on SC4 before the end of the year.
Old 06-21-04, 09:18 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

what also happened to this project?

CEO
Old 06-21-04, 11:19 AM
20s
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im also very interested and I agree if we can just find someone to make a manifold and all the piping then i can do the rest.

Tom
Old 06-21-04, 01:27 PM
SDJZZ31
Rookie

Mechtech is just down the street from my house. They specialize in turbo BMW's and dune buggy's but they can pretty much turbo anything if you have the cash. They are in Escondido,CA.
Old 06-21-04, 02:21 PM
Verge
Rookie

i wouldn't think getting manifolds would be a very big problem at all... hell, i know people who build custom manifolds up here... and i live in ARKANSAS!!!

the problem i suspect is, where to put the turbo's, there isn't much room...
Old 06-21-04, 02:29 PM
20s
Rookie

Well what are our options as far as space for twins in the sc400? Ive seen them mounted low, but then u can't lower your car or hit a bump and im sure you run into oil problems and all that ****. So what are our options guys? Im very serious about having twins.

Tom
Gotboost0612@aol.com
Old 06-21-04, 04:19 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

also found out the mechtech kit uses some weird turbos; they are oil encased; they have no passage for external oil supply; its like a paxton supercharger (i think thats the brand)

this is an ooooollld thread lol
Old 06-21-04, 05:38 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Bean
also found out the mechtech kit uses some weird turbos; they are oil encased; they have no passage for external oil supply; its like a paxton supercharger (i think thats the brand)

this is an ooooollld thread lol

we understand that but there did mechtech put the turbos at?

CEO
Old 06-21-04, 06:01 PM
20s
Rookie

I read the article on the site and it says the turbos were placed under the block. Should we do the same? Where exactly under the block do u think? This is within reach, its no longer a dream for us sc400 guys, im also on the east coast otherwise my car would have been sittin n that garage n cali and we would be one step closer, someone in cali is going to have to take one for the team because in the end it will pay off. We have enough research and some members sound like they know there **** so lets get this **** off the ground, im sick and tired of hearing these sc300 guys telling us to sell our cars and buy theirs. ****, ill donate money towards this project! Im serious, once we have the location of the turbos figured out, manifolds and piping fabricated then we will be in the clear. Im determined to get this off the ground once and for all.

Tom
Gotboost0612@aol.com
Old 06-21-04, 08:35 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

ok im down to help out....what else do we need to know?

CEO
Old 06-22-04, 10:22 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

IIRC they placed them under and BEHIND the block, not behind behind, but like towards the back

Quick Reply: Mechtech SC400 twin turbo kit!