Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Rodent invasion=Interior stripping

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-09, 01:36 PM
neodymium
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rodent invasion=Interior stripping

I am currently doing a massive disaster cleanup to the interior of my car because mice took up residence in it for the spring and summer while I drove my S2000. Cleaning rodent crap is easy, cleaning rodent **** is not and requires a complete interior stripping. I’ve come to the point where the AC unit is all I have left to remove but per the service manual I am to remove the engine, fvk that. I thought replacing the heater core in my mother’s towncar was painful but the SC makes that seem like a brake job. Based on this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...h-removal.html
It appears that the engine does not need to be removed. Why does the service manual state that the engine needs to be removed - If the engine is not removed in what way will this job be more difficult? I guess I just need to know how to proceed before I start breaking things.
By the way, if you are wondering how bad the smell is, I would rather have my face dragged through gravel than smell what is now the interior of my car
Old 12-29-09, 03:30 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No ,you dont have to remove the engine. Its a bit difficult to get to the heater hoses behind the engine.

Remember to remove the 2 bolts where the heater hose connects to the heater core behind engine.

Oh and dont forget to remove the AC lines and 2 more bolts that hold the AC lines in the engine bay.

Its easier to take the heater out,but little harder to put it back together .