Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Almost to pretty to install

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 05:07 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
John must be beating his head against the desk as he reads this
Yeah ur right !! who really wanna hear stuff like this . I'll really have a hard time taking apart a totally brand new motor from Japan . But I hear what you all are saying ..So it's duly noted. Thanks
Old 01-21-10, 03:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Yeah ur right !! who really wanna hear stuff like this . I'll really have a hard time taking apart a totally brand new motor from Japan . But I hear what you all are saying ..So it's duly noted. Thanks
i take no joy in seeing anyone around me down, in trouble etc etc

btw john having the clearances checked is far from taking it apart.. remember right now theres no oil pan or cradle on so the only they would do is remove the main caps and use a plastiguage to simply verify bearings are not to tight or way to loose .. a few spent now will go along ways to enjoying that pretty new block for many miles to come
Old 01-21-10, 04:32 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i take no joy in seeing anyone around me down, in trouble etc etc

btw john having the clearances checked is far from taking it apart.. remember right now theres no oil pan or cradle on so the only they would do is remove the main caps and use a plastiguage to simply verify bearings are not to tight or way to loose .. a few spent now will go along ways to enjoying that pretty new block for many miles to come

I agree. Don't take chances especially after what has happened to you lately. I don't want to hear more stories of our cars being down unless it's an upgrade. Let's not add fuel to Reggie's $h!t talking about turbo cars lol.

Last edited by SH_JZZ30; 01-21-10 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-21-10, 07:51 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shhh.....don't tell Jerome that his brand new GTE shortblock was built in Mexico.
Old 01-21-10, 08:23 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen guys, like I said before. it's been duly noted .But if what your saying is true then Jerome's motor is also from Mexico. So now can anyone explain how his motor is making 712 with no problems. I guess he got a good Mexican worker that day. . Come on guys I nor any of you can really say what caused those motors to go bad. If Mexico is where the motors really come from so be it .Hey there's a lot of good things that come out of Mexico Jerome's motor the Burrito, taco's and of course Patron etc etc etc..The internet has way to many rumors that influence people. Any how thanks for your internet related concerns I've heard you but I don't hear you .Peace

Ed best of luck on your Dyno dated coming up Jerome just called me I'm looking forward to it.Hoping to see wicked crushing #'s if you know what I mean.lol
Old 01-21-10, 08:28 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
a lot of good things that come out of Mexico Jerome's motor the Burrito, taco's and of course Patron etc etc et
LMAO i love it
Old 01-21-10, 08:41 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Lets not forget Pancho...he's from mexico too right?

I keeeed I keeeed
Old 01-21-10, 08:58 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Como?? I didn't know my motor was half Mexican???

John, if you're comfortable with the block and I don't see why you wouldn't be then just put it in and let's get this thing rolling!!
Old 01-21-10, 09:02 AM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

I will also add that you need to have all clearances checked. If you don't believe what we're telling us, give Nero a call at Titan to confirm; they now check ALL clearances of factory shortblocks prior to shipment to alleviate any future headaches for both the customer and them. I know it isn't something you want to hear, but there have been several individuals who have purchased factory new shortblocks only to have spun a rod bearing, etc from out of spec tolerances. An ounce of prevention...
Old 01-21-10, 09:12 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GoFastTSI
I will also add that you need to have all clearances checked. If you don't believe what we're telling us, give Nero a call at Titan to confirm; they now check ALL clearances of factory shortblocks prior to shipment to alleviate any future headaches for both the customer and them. I know it isn't something you want to hear, but there have been several individuals who have purchased factory new shortblocks only to have spun a rod bearing, etc from out of spec tolerances. An ounce of prevention...
It seems the OP already called them and got a from Titan. The question to Titan would be HOW MANY motors have they found to be out of spec?
Old 01-21-10, 10:15 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

I just got off the phone with Nero and here is his exact quote" About 2-3 years ago they were checking the shortblocks because there were some questionable shortblocks being produced". They haven't checked them in years and haven't had any personal issues with any customers that have purchased from them. He did say that it wouldn't hurt to check it to be safe.
Old 01-21-10, 11:03 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
I just got off the phone with Nero and here is his exact quote" About 2-3 years ago they were checking the shortblocks because there were some questionable shortblocks being produced". They haven't checked them in years and haven't had any personal issues with any customers that have purchased from them. He did say that it wouldn't hurt to check it to be safe.
TY Jerome for calling Titan.

That's just good business sense to say that. The Last thing Nero/Titan wants is to say its been fine and being quoted as saying so, then something were to go wrong....everybody will look to Titan in a negative light. This whole thing is just a rumor mill that is out of control with no hard facts....in fact the Curt from Toyota says the opposite.

Tell ya what john....i'll buy that block from you for some cash and give you my shortblock
Old 01-21-10, 11:16 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

So after watching all this negative energy I decided to call Titan and get some confirmation on this Mexico/Japan bottom end and I was told "that they have not done clearincing of any 2js for over 2 yrs and they only do it on request from customer for$$$
Furthermore the part # has no letters in the sku to represent any build country other than Japan!!!!
Old 01-21-10, 11:46 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Listen, enough of this back and forth! I'm going to act as a Moderator and

CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!
Old 01-21-10, 12:24 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LoL when the FL bois go at it, its serious LoL

Quick Reply: Almost to pretty to install