Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Going NA-T Input Plez

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 09:06 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
You show ignorance with that statement You say don't go megasquirt yet you recommend the MAP ECU? Really? On my car I run full coil on plug (no wasted spark requiring a DLI like AEM), use all the factory sensors and many other features. The MAP ECU just attempts to fool the ECU into doing what you want....just get an SAFC at that point IMO. If you want a piggy back get an Emanage Ultimate or the AEM FIC. Both of those mop the floor with the MAP1 ECU. Can't speak for MAP2, but thats another price point again.

The big thing about Megasquirt based systems is they are ONLY as good as who builds them. If some hack job puts it together and sells it on ebay who sells it on a forum who sells it on craig's list...your bound to have issues.

Side by side, MS can do a lot of things many other existing standalones couldn't even begin to touch at the price point. It runs circles around the older haltech stuff (which even used cost more than a new MS), mircotech, FAST, etc. The new platinum series Haltech stuff is supposed to be nice, but its more $.
Originally Posted by //LRD
I'm running a Power Squirt (PSI ems) with no problems .And this coming from a car with a auto tranny . 18-19 lbs the car made 500 wheel. On the E mange I had to run 21 just to reach 475 .Mind you guys 500 was still some what rich, we definitely could of made more . Yea your making the right discussion. PSI EMS is definitely the way to go . Best of luck with your build ..
Thanks gents after have various convos with Jordantune i feel confident in the MS. I hope to be walkin with you top dogs soon
Old 01-21-10, 03:38 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
my old setup. stock dizzy
nice intake.did you make it?
Old 01-21-10, 03:45 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

hey Kevin im not trying to thread jacking you.but im jumping on the NA-T band wagon.im just on a 98 vvti.i know all the small stuff i need.ill be beefing up the block.my main question is can i use a TT auto tranny down the road?what would i need to run the tranny?
Old 01-21-10, 04:24 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ full standalone to run the stock TT tranny.
Old 01-21-10, 09:42 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickGS300
thats pretty much correct I think you can do it with the MS also
Old 01-21-10, 09:51 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
thats pretty much correct I think you can do it with the MS also
for real???damn that MS does a lot!!!
Old 01-21-10, 09:54 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quickGS300
yeah but hear the two trannys work in different ways.some drive by wire stuff.im unsure what it is.
Old 01-22-10, 10:11 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Hey what kinda injectors should I get ??? I am willing to buy a better rail but not sure on size 550-750-850 ? and high or low imp ? whats easier to install in na-t do i need a resistor pack ? also when doing the TT pump(s) upgrade do i need to run new lines to the rail ?
Old 01-22-10, 05:06 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey what kinda injectors should I get ??? I am willing to buy a better rail but not sure on size 550-750-850 ? and high or low imp ? whats easier to install in na-t do i need a resistor pack ? also when doing the TT pump(s) upgrade do i need to run new lines to the rail ?
You're better off getting some RC 750cc injectors and they're high Impedance so no Resistor box is required. Also, IMO it's better to get an aftermarket Fuel rail and to upgrade your fuel lines for better/efficient flow..
Old 01-22-10, 07:43 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 98$c300
hey Kevin im not trying to thread jacking you.but im jumping on the NA-T band wagon.im just on a 98 vvti.i know all the small stuff i need.ill be beefing up the block.my main question is can i use a TT auto tranny down the road?what would i need to run the tranny?
y odnt u get a vvt-i chaser head and all those goodies and doa swap with that i was reading on the aus soarer forums a few people have done the swap i havent seen any sc in america do this if my car was new i would jump on it but i am odb1
Old 01-22-10, 07:44 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 98$c300
y dont u get a vvt-i chaser head and all those goodies and do a swap with that i was reading on the aus soarer forums a few people have done the swap i havent seen any sc in americans do this if my car was new i would jump on it but i am odb1

first america 1.5jz vvti
Old 01-23-10, 05:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

let me throw my 1 cent into the ring here

ditch the notion of using a safc , map ecu 1or 2 .. your tune will constantly change and you stock ecu will keep fighting you on closed loop .. ask me how i know , been there done that and would never ever run a piggyback on any car i build period..

one the most critical ingredients in a na-t build is engine management period.. stock ecu knows nothing of positive pressure so once it sees something it does not like it starts pulling and advanacing timing during the wrong load points..

wether it be using the megasquirt , aem or haltech , just choose one not based on cost but overall usuability and what you are comfortable.. some things you can be cost friendly with and some things you just have to pay the piper to play nicely.. on a gte setup you can get away with piggybacks to a certain point for built into the stock ecu tuning is reference points for correct timing and fuel for turbo application

ask jerome what my bottomend looked like after 2.5 yrs of serious boosting ... after cleaning carbon off them they were clean as a whistle with zero signs of any detonationwhich is a by product of correct tuning which is a by product of having full control of timing and fuel period
Old 01-23-10, 12:37 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^+1 Exactly ED im glad you came thru.
This is how i look at it just copy ED set up and you should be good for a while lol.

GTE Tranny has a bigger TC,i was told i have seen a couple of them but never had them side by side to compare.
The injectors just like Jerome said 750CC top feed and high impedance no resistor pack is needed, and upgrade the fuel rail.
I don't know you money is but i would throw an R154 in the mix haha.
GL man and if you need that VVTI head i still got and you can have it just pay for shipping.
Old 02-24-10, 01:41 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

wuz up fellas in my quest for my 450-500hp daily I am currently lookin at a Garrett 60-1 twin scroll T4 with .84 back housing what kinda boost levels am i looking at with this and how about lag time? I know the front is small but the backhousing size is what has me iffy ??? And please dont make a post saying it all depends on blah blah blah just lookin for ppl who are runnin a turbo simillar in size to this
Old 02-24-10, 03:33 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wuz up fellas in my quest for my 450-500hp daily I am currently lookin at a Garrett 60-1 twin scroll T4 with .84 back housing what kinda boost levels am i looking at with this and how about lag time? I know the front is small but the backhousing size is what has me iffy ??? And please dont make a post saying it all depends on blah blah blah just lookin for ppl who are runnin a turbo simillar in size to this
I had a turbonetics 60-1 and I hit full boost at 3,700RPM

Quick Reply: Going NA-T Input Plez