Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-02 | 05:58 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Hey guys,

Looks like the Ceramic Coated Headers are the best ones to go with. Let's get this down for SURE who is in it?!?

Here is the list: (Post replies & add yourself)

Myself
Hermosa
Madmax?!?
Keith13b

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Tony
714-720-3042
Old 05-31-02 | 06:01 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

His alias is MadmaxSC400. Did he PM you? I asked him about it but he has not gotten back to me yet.

I hope this goes through soon since I will order on Monday with or without other people in the buy. I have a project to keep track on =)
Old 06-03-02 | 07:30 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

I ordered a couple pairs of headers. Madmax gets first dibs if he wants but if he passes someone from Northern California can step up to the plate. My total price was $700 each for two delivered to my door. This is for the ceramic coated ones. I do recommend this version since our heat shields will NOT fit back on.
Old 06-04-02 | 12:36 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Hey Hermosa,

Are the ones you ordered from Tex? or from another source?

PM me or email me Tony@lexussc400.com

I'm interested!
Old 06-04-02 | 05:35 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Tony,

Yes they are from Tex. I ordered them today via International wire transfer. The total with bank fees and conversion to AUD was $725 each. Madmax has first dibs on the other pair of headers. I put up all the money for them so far so if he does not come through with the cash when I receive the headers they are up for grabs.

Also, do you still work or talk to Chris every once in a while? He mentioned a shop to get some work done. I need to get a TC installed, the headers of course, exhaust, and some other maintenance and would like to get a good deal on the price. Any suggestions? I have all the parts.

- Mike

Last edited by Hermosa; 06-05-02 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-04-02 | 06:03 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

I have a set from Tex in the shed at the moment - hope to have them fitted this week. I got them ceramic coated in silver aluminium. Headers look great - work of art.

Aaron has them on his car and the tone of the exhaust is so much better. Every pulse is divided and that V8 burble is much clearer. The standard headers "mush" the sound up to much - Tex's headers separate the pulses better so you get that richer V8 burble.

I have a sound recording of mine (standard headers) and Aarons (Tex headers) - I'll post later tonight so you can hear the difference.
Old 06-04-02 | 06:13 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Hey, These will fit US spec SC400s right? Just having last minute questions, lol.

I don't want to go through the trouble of having these shipped if the Aussie soarers are different.
Old 06-04-02 | 06:28 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Hey Hermosa,

Yeah, I still work with Chris. I can ask him things if you want me to. Send me an email with what you want and i'll pass it along. Ok...since MadMax has first dibs on it, if he doesn't come through with it, i'm next right?

Keep in touch bro.

Tony
Old 06-04-02 | 06:52 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Unhappy

hey! i want one too! i was gone soooooooo long that i just found this thread today! darn it!

is anyone going to get more of these????
Old 06-04-02 | 10:38 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Hey Do-Luck,

I think i'm going to order 2, if you want on, let me know.
Email me at tony@lexussc400.com or call me.

Tony
Old 06-05-02 | 12:23 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be a perfect fit. The main heated oxygen sensors bolt straight in, the temp sensors bolt straight in too.
The front cats will have to be moved from tucked up the sides of the transmission tunnel to underneath the car on either side of the trans.

If you look in the pic you can see the temp sensors bolt into the original spots, but now they are before the cats not after the front set.

I would take the oppourtunity to install some nice new cats, get great big 2.5 inch ones - you want high flow cats with the big chamber - you can see the US made CarSound ones I use on my web page.

Aaron used a different brand of cat and they are noticeably smaller than my cats.

For you California smog guys I don't know if Two great big new Carsound cats will meet your local laws, or if you will have to install a third cat.

You can see how long the pipes are - they extend to the transmission tunnel - this put's the cats further from the engine and they will take longer to heat up and start to work. Manufacturers like to get them real close to the engine so that it meets smog laws real quick when started cold.
Attached Thumbnails Headers-aaronextractorsunderneath.jpg  
Old 06-05-02 | 12:30 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Aaron also had the guys custom build an X-pipe (I got the stamped stainless Magnaflow one from the US).
He also opted for some small glass pack bullet style mufflers before going to the smaller Magnaflow mufflers.

My pipes go straight to the larger chamber Dynamax (Lukey) Ultraflow mufflers - larger chamber does a better job of lowering the sound volume.

The Magnaflow mufflers have to be smaller because the outlet is in the middle of the muffler, yet the cutout in the bumper is positioned for a side outlet muffler.

That's why I went for a double off-set muffler to better fit the space available.

Pics of my exhaust available on the Festivus page on my site.
Attached Thumbnails Headers-aaronxpipe.jpg  
Old 06-05-02 | 12:35 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Since too many pics are barely enough for you DieHard's out there here are the standard headers:
Attached Thumbnails Headers-standard.jpg  
Old 06-05-02 | 12:36 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

And those from Tex:
Attached Thumbnails Headers-extractorpipessmall.jpg  
Old 06-05-02 | 12:38 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Looks great! I can't wait to order a set...

Quick Reply: Headers