Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

vvti-2jzge-T questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-10, 02:43 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input ya I put Iradiums in last summer so I'll leave em.. Today a was replacing my spark wires with new NGK's and I noticed a little oil in the intake manifold when i removed it... this normal???
Old 02-13-10, 09:20 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Another questiion, after putting intake manifold back together I removed the big radiator propeller fan and its making a knocking sound comming from where it was bolted or around that spot?? any suggestions.
Old 02-13-10, 09:48 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

messed around with pulleys now knocking is gone? oh well its all good, O2 sims came in mail today, not what i expected its symply just a cylinder with a male and female thread screws into bung then you screw the O2 sensor to that, so it just spaces it away a bit.. weird
Old 02-18-10, 08:35 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Well after like 6 hrs with help from my friends I got the FMIC installed, lots of cutting. I wanted IC closer to bumper so had to do away with the fogs. Also wired the fans to a relay and switch that works the boost guage now hooked up. Done for now still waiting on the BOV , midpipe and Wideband to come in.
Attached Thumbnails vvti-2jzge-T questions-fmic-installed.jpg   vvti-2jzge-T questions-turbo.jpg   vvti-2jzge-T questions-picture-001.jpg   vvti-2jzge-T questions-picture-002.jpg  
Old 02-18-10, 02:20 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

nice routing.. looking good. if you shorten the length of the IC pipes just before they hit the intercooler on both sides, you can probably fit your fogs back in. you have to play with the angle a bit but If I had a 97 bumper I would definately not remove the fogs. they look way to sweet with them on.
Old 02-20-10, 08:37 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

vvti 2jzge injectors are around 270cc, not 330cc like the non-vvti version

you're going to need bigger injectors, 1:1 fpr, and a pump to go with your setup asap to do any 100% load, 4k rpm + boosting.

vvti 2jzge have in-tank FPR (return-less system), which means you also have to tap your stock fuel rail for a return fitting.
Old 02-20-10, 04:57 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

(sorry no pics yet)
Been up for 2 days straight installing this turbo from wrong size threads, tapping threads, cutting the crazy ehaust out etc, took alot longer than I thought and today didnt end to well... we finally got in running this morning took it out for a run seemed to like the boost didnt get on it. Drove it back to bay check for leaks, Maft gasket blew out, oil feed had small leak, and V band 3in sucked, even tightened down all the way still had exhaust leak, clamp broke, Napa had one that turned out to be wrong when installing mine was a 3.25, the 3.21 is actually way smaller, noone had this clamp finally checked out ford dealership matched one from a super duty.. installed it still.. leaked.. and for all you wondering the supra midpipe bolts directly up to stock rear section if your careful cutting the rusted bolts off and keep the flange on. Anyway my friend was re duing the turbo feed with teflon tape, car starts i let idle lots of white smoke, then turned into sum blue, removed DP little oil in exhaust side, I was Pisssed after staying up for 2 days doing this, immediately i knew what happned and took apart the line my freind made teflon tape clogged hole so barely anyoil got threw.. so After a dissapointing day, I drove it home let it spool gradually seemed like the blue smoke was getting less and less but i dont kno.. I'll get some sleep and check it out tomarrow.. looks like my friend blew my oil seal tho. Bad way to end a great build.
Old 02-21-10, 08:44 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Still have some IC pipe tweaking to do.. snail is kinda hidden.
Attached Thumbnails vvti-2jzge-T questions-picture-003.jpg   vvti-2jzge-T questions-picture-004.jpg   vvti-2jzge-T questions-picture-005.jpg  
Old 02-21-10, 04:02 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC51
(sorry no pics yet)
Been up for 2 days straight installing this turbo from wrong size threads, tapping threads, cutting the crazy ehaust out etc, took alot longer than I thought and today didnt end to well... we finally got in running this morning took it out for a run seemed to like the boost didnt get on it. Drove it back to bay check for leaks, Maft gasket blew out, oil feed had small leak, and V band 3in sucked, even tightened down all the way still had exhaust leak, clamp broke, Napa had one that turned out to be wrong when installing mine was a 3.25, the 3.21 is actually way smaller, noone had this clamp finally checked out ford dealership matched one from a super duty.. installed it still.. leaked.. and for all you wondering the supra midpipe bolts directly up to stock rear section if your careful cutting the rusted bolts off and keep the flange on. Anyway my friend was re duing the turbo feed with teflon tape, car starts i let idle lots of white smoke, then turned into sum blue, removed DP little oil in exhaust side, I was Pisssed after staying up for 2 days doing this, immediately i knew what happned and took apart the line my freind made teflon tape clogged hole so barely anyoil got threw.. so After a dissapointing day, I drove it home let it spool gradually seemed like the blue smoke was getting less and less but i dont kno.. I'll get some sleep and check it out tomarrow.. looks like my friend blew my oil seal tho. Bad way to end a great build.
ahh the joys of na-t. i did the teflon thing once by accident till my friend told me to use thread sealant instead. it comes in a squeeze tube that looks almost like thread locker, but it also seals oil in, basically liquid teflon in a way. I use that on all my oil fittings and no leaks since. give it a try
the oil smoke may go away on its own. just make sure its clear now and that your return line is draining fast enough (no kinks etc.)
also your oil feed line looks a little large, what size are you running cause there could possibly be too much oil
Old 02-21-10, 08:46 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

not sure what size the feed is, i bought it as a whole hit feed/return, kits was cheap fittings sucked ended up making my own,feed seemed legit minus the teflon. Ya its still slightly burning that oil in the turbo, but i'm babying it untill the new one arrives, CEL said hello today..guessing I wired the confusing as hell SIM wrong.
Old 02-22-10, 03:36 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

you should really find out what size that oil line is. your turbo may not be the source of the problem if you have an oversized line on it. think of 60psi of oil through a straw, and now 60psi through a garden hose. the volume of the opening makes a huge difference.

with a journal shaft turbo you can put more oil through it but -4an is probably the max. I actually stepped mine down to -3an lines and its still got enough oil.
ball bearing turbos require less oil and people use restrictors on the end of it.
Just trying to help you out cause from the pic it looks almost as large as your return line and we would hate to see you blow your 2nd turbo the same way.
Old 02-22-10, 04:02 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Ya my feed is -4 return is -8.. says it supports t66's, and i'm running a T70.
Old 05-20-10, 03:39 AM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post bump

any more updates
Old 05-20-10, 08:19 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

SpiderN9NE
bump
any more updates
As far as updates you can do a search and type in my user name find various threads. I'm currently running in open loop= no O2 sensors. Drives pretty good still on the rich side, just have to get a little more knowledgeable on the stock ECU. Apparently 98+ A/Fs are pretty dead on for boosting as long as you have a good tune to start the ecu will help sort the small corrections out.
Old 05-20-10, 10:36 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Search LOL

i actually found this thread through searching. LMAO. And then after i posted that i clicked your name and viewed your profile and went to statistics and went to all threads started by you. im not a newbie to searching.

Anyhow nice setup and thanks for sharing your info on the forums.

Quick Reply: vvti-2jzge-T questions