Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Im a new SC400 Owner in need of iddle advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 05:23 PM
smoothoms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Im a new SC400 Owner in need of iddle advice

Problem #1
I got my 1994 SC400 129K miles. 1st off, she was starting great and when my mechanic went to open it one day the alarm went off, the key didnt have a batery in it and is in very poor condition. The alarm stoped going off but now the car wont start, Ive tried lock cycling both doors, new battery for my key, I can start and drive the car with a bridge under the hood.
Problem #2
When I 1st started her the iddle would slowly rise to abt 2100rpms then drop rapidly to 800, it slowly rises only to do the same thing. This process took abt 3sec. It will do this untill the temperature reaches 1/2 of the indicator. NOW it stoped doing this to when I start it drops off, the car will start right up only to die if gas isnt applied. If i hold the pedal at a desired idle it will maintain it with no problem and run smooth. I can drive the car (as long as pressure is maintained on the pedal) with no problem, accelerates and decelerates perfect I can gun the peddal and have immediate response and ecxellent hp.
Problem #3
At about 2300rpms I get a vibration off of the car, coming from the hood. it goes away only to come back at about 4400 less noticably. It does this as my needle pases through these readings.

If someone with experience in these issues would give me a heads up before I take her to lexus to have my *** handed to me I'd apreciate it.
Thanks
Omar