Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Soarer 1jz swap for me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-10, 01:10 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OneJay
I think it might just vary. I was at ~12psi and not hitting boost cut. Then I added a new Ypipe/downpipe thing and now I'm at around 14psi and no boost cut, but I have an AFC Neo and I heard that the Neo eliminates the boost cut on its own.
Thats Cool, i never heard of the AFC NEO doing that but, how are ur twins holding up wit the 14psi??

also do u have a wideband??

i wanna wire my bcc n scc in but im scared cuz i dont have a wideband or boost controller, and if im hittin boost cut now at 14psi then i kno im boosting more then 14psi....

I dont kno my air/fuel ratio so thats y im scared, dont wanna pop my twins or motor
Old 07-22-10, 01:19 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
Thats Cool, i never heard of the AFC NEO doing that but, how are ur twins holding up wit the 14psi??

also do u have a wideband??

i wanna wire my bcc n scc in but im scared cuz i dont have a wideband or boost controller, and if im hittin boost cut now at 14psi then i kno im boosting more then 14psi....

I dont kno my air/fuel ratio so thats y im scared, dont wanna pop my twins or motor
The twins are doing fine so far. They've been at 14psi for a little over a year now. I kind of baby my car though. I always let it warm up and cool down properly, and I only ever beat on it when I'm at the track. I've had the swap for a little over two years now, and around 45k miles (the engine is now at ~145k) and it's still holding up fine with the exception of leaky valve cover gaskets and a coolant leak near the upper water neck.

I do have a wideband, but I also have an exhaust leak between the rear turbo and the dp. So I still need to take that apart and seal that back up. Right now my AFR's are pretty inconsistent, but hopefully they'll read normal when it's all sealed up again.
Old 07-22-10, 01:37 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OneJay
The twins are doing fine so far. They've been at 14psi for a little over a year now. I kind of baby my car though. I always let it warm up and cool down properly, and I only ever beat on it when I'm at the track. I've had the swap for a little over two years now, and around 45k miles (the engine is now at ~145k) and it's still holding up fine with the exception of leaky valve cover gaskets and a coolant leak near the upper water neck.

I do have a wideband, but I also have an exhaust leak between the rear turbo and the dp. So I still need to take that apart and seal that back up. Right now my AFR's are pretty inconsistent, but hopefully they'll read normal when it's all sealed up again.
Yea, see i dont have a wideband n my car right now so honestly i dont kno my AFR's when im boostin and im scared cuz i dont wanna pop the motor or twins...LoL

ima jus put the bcc & scc in and make sure it works then not beat on the car i guess until i get my wideband...

But no smoke at all from the exhaust...like i see i get alil smoke when i rev the car sometimes or when im coming to a light i downshift n might see some...im wondering is it cuz my twins are takin a dump or wut???
Old 08-01-10, 03:57 PM
RED95sc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
How did you wire in the boost cut controller... i need to do mine, im hittin boost cut at 14psi...smh
my friend wired it up for me, i have not the slightest idea how he did it. but all i know is i have no more boost cut
Old 08-01-10, 03:57 PM
RED95sc
Pole Position

just a little video i recorded today..there is abit of delay in the video though, but you get the idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swF8e0ejAMM

Last edited by RED95sc; 08-01-10 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-01-10, 05:17 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RED95sc
my friend wired it up for me, i have not the slightest idea how he did it. but all i know is i have no more boost cut
its all good, i wired mine in and no longer have boost cut or speed cut
Old 08-01-10, 09:18 PM
RED95sc
Pole Position

That's the next thing I wanna do, a 5spd swap