Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

wire tuck engine bay??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-10, 12:34 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now i just gotta finish the engine harness and im done woot!!!!
Old 04-01-10, 12:58 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good! Do you plan to reroute some of the vacuum/fuel/heater hose lines?
Old 04-01-10, 01:04 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great! I actually have my motor out at the moment and plan to tuck my wires as well. Did you have to extend the fuse box wiring at all or just unplug, run through below the fender, and replug under the headlight area?
Old 04-01-10, 01:16 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shern
Looking good! Do you plan to reroute some of the vacuum/fuel/heater hose lines?
yeah i ordered ss lines and im going to bypass the valve on the firewall

Originally Posted by Deceptik1
Looks great! I actually have my motor out at the moment and plan to tuck my wires as well. Did you have to extend the fuse box wiring at all or just unplug, run through below the fender, and replug under the headlight area?
only had to extend the two wires to the brake res other then that everything is plug and play just takes forever!!!
Old 04-01-10, 01:26 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slow_Sc3
only had to extend the two wires to the brake res other then that everything is plug and play just takes forever!!!
Thanks! That's good to know. So the majority of the extension is on the passenger side? I'm trying to get my tuck done asap so I can spray the bay and drop the motor. Here's how it sits right now
Old 04-01-10, 03:16 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

the longest part was the driver side and remounting the fues box, the passenger side was cake i cut a few wires out from plugs that wernt used to clean it up even more but still only look a few hours.
Old 04-02-10, 02:04 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Man those engine bays look so clean.
Old 04-04-10, 01:58 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

the longest part was the driver side and remounting the fues box, the passenger side was cake i cut a few wires out from plugs that wernt used to clean it up even more but still only look a few hours.
Hey Slow SC3 I attached a pix of how I was thinking of running my fuse box wires. Is this how you have yours ran or did you unplug the passenger side harness as well and run everything in front area where the coolant reservoir and intercooler are located? If not, could you tell me how you have your box routed? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails wire tuck engine bay??-wireharness.jpg  

Last edited by Deceptik1; 04-04-10 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 02:29 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Deceptik1, what wheels are those? THEY DO JUSTICE.

and Slow_Sc3, why'd u decide to do the 1.5 frankenstein? i know teh guys over seas like (esp australia) do that a lot because of availability of parts,etc.

but what's the actual benefit, as opposed to just a complete 3.0 2jz-gte..

Last edited by MIGS; 04-04-10 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 03:06 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Net
Deceptik1, what wheels are those? THEY DO JUSTICE.

and Slow_Sc3, why'd u decide to do the 1.5 frankenstein? i know teh guys over seas like (esp australia) do that a lot because of availability of parts,etc.

Hey Net they are Work Bersaglio Mesh II's.
Old 04-04-10, 08:29 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

Hey Slow SC3 I attached a pix of how I was thinking of running my fuse box wires. Is this how you have yours ran or did you unplug the passenger side harness as well and run everything in front area where the coolant reservoir and intercooler are located? If not, could you tell me how you have your box routed? Thanks!

i unpluged the 4 connectors inside the car by the pedals and ran the harness out under the head light and extended the plugs like 3 inchs so that you dont see any of the harness and you have to take that plactic part off by the radiator and run it on the outside! its easy. also that brake fluid connector has to be extended a little bit but thats easy also its just two wires.

Originally Posted by Net
Slow_Sc3, why'd u decide to do the 1.5 frankenstein? i know teh guys over seas like (esp australia) do that a lot because of availability of parts,etc.

I had a built 1jz head and that turbo kit on a 1jz and then blew the motor so now I have a USDM gte block from toyota in the car i couldnt beat the deal that i got on it, i didnt feel like spending another $2,000 on building a 2jz cylinder head when i already got the built 1jz head.

Last edited by Slow_Sc3; 04-04-10 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 09:24 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Hey Net they are Work Bersaglio Mesh II's.
being a wheel wh0re myself, i must say those are some rare wheels. Sorry for all the questions, but i love the custom offset. how long did u wait for them to arrive from Jpan? i would love to get my hands on a set for my wife's 325i..

Last edited by MIGS; 04-04-10 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 09:26 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

I had a built 1jz head and that turbo kit on a 1jz and then blew the motor so now I have a USDM gte block from toyota in the car i couldnt beat the deal that i got on it, i didnt feel like spending another $2,000 on building a 2jz cylinder head when i already got the built 1jz head.
understandable..
Old 04-04-10, 09:36 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry just came across this again. Did you figure out what to do with your igniter? I have mine under the intake.
Old 04-04-10, 09:52 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1siksc
Sorry just came across this again. Did you figure out what to do with your igniter? I have mine under the intake.
I am redoing my whole engine harness, I went out and got a new in box oem 2jz-gte 6 speed harness to cut open. The ignitor is going to be next to the aem on the floor under the glove box and ill only be using the sensors that I need everything else will be left out should keep it clean

Quick Reply: wire tuck engine bay??