Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

wire tuck engine bay??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-10, 11:09 AM
Pipe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lil late or didnt read all the post is it safe to put the battery in the trunk? i want to do it but not sure.
Old 05-07-10, 08:58 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pipe
A lil late or didnt read all the post is it safe to put the battery in the trunk? i want to do it but not sure.
yep iv had my battery in the trunk for like the last 5 years.

got my HKS DLI wired in tonight

I talked to ben and G about the tps and I only need 3 wires for everything to work... I just gotta figure out which 3 wires also got all the engine connectors pluged in today so really the only thing holding me back now is the body connectors under the dash
Old 05-07-10, 10:12 PM
Pipe
Pole Position

Sounds like fun lmao!! BTW thanks for the info I think that's my next mod after I get the suspension sorted out.
Old 05-08-10, 03:06 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Looks Good No Wires present
Old 05-08-10, 05:36 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pipe
Sounds like fun lmao!! BTW thanks for the info I think that's my next mod after I get the suspension sorted out.
The only thing about relocating the battery is if you want to go to the track you have to have an NHRA approved box along with a cutouff switch accessible from the outside of the vehicle. Can be a PITA.
Old 05-08-10, 07:24 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

anyone know the answer to my question?
Old 05-08-10, 07:34 AM
flipboi
Lead Lap

this makes the engine bay so clean... but damn thats too much work for me, and im scared to short some wires in the process... just extending my harness for the 1jz took me like 10 hours
Old 05-08-10, 07:39 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
The only thing about relocating the battery is if you want to go to the track you have to have an NHRA approved box along with a cutouff switch accessible from the outside of the vehicle. Can be a PITA.
What about SCCA or Safe Driver track days?
Old 05-08-10, 12:33 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
What about SCCA or Safe Driver track days?
Not familiar with SCCA rules and autoX stuff.
Old 05-08-10, 02:03 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biggu
so everyone is going through the fender arches? anyone figure out how to go throught the chassis instead for us lower guys?
I routed mine through the engine bay. In the pic, thats the only harness that is going through.
Old 12-06-12, 09:46 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

Since everyones pictures are missing now... I figured I'd bump to see some setups! While I'm saving for a gte to throw in I've been working on cleaning up the bay I've slimed down my pass harness size after abs/trac delete and all the wires from the abs ecu. tomorrow I'll be throwing the harness unloomed back into the bay to get everything positioned right so I can begin relooming the harness but I'd like to get the fuse box into the trunk or at least the glovebox . Just hoping you gents have some insight on what you did/would have done differently

Chris
Old 05-01-13, 11:54 AM
mickesanda
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcchris7
since everyones pictures are missing now... I figured i'd bump to see some setups!
+1
Old 05-20-13, 10:32 AM
Jos
Driver

I like the idea of the fusebox in the trunk but that is too much wiring. Also, I feel that would pose a much larger threat if a fire were to occur. I saw earlier someone put the fusebox under the headlight, that to me sounds like the best place for it. I'm thinking about doing this if I get some time.
Old 10-06-13, 04:36 PM
Halon
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread here, but I'm trying to hide some wiring. Not looking to do an all out wire tuck, but clean things up a little. This seemed to be a great thread at one time, but unfortunately hardly any of the pictures work anymore. Anyone have any pics they can put up that might help me out? Here's some pics of where I'm at right now.

I have the wiring harness that runs along the passenger side portion of the engine bay disconnected from inside the car, and pulled out to about the headlight. So from here I'm curious what people did. I'm not trying to go too crazy here, but thinking maybe just rerouting it out one of those holes by the headlight / sidemarker. I put a couple red arrows showing the couple of places I was thinking I could run it out at, what did other people do? Then I'd probably just run it right along next to that yellow loom.
Attached Thumbnails wire tuck engine bay??-sam_1475.jpg   wire tuck engine bay??-sam_1476.jpg   wire tuck engine bay??-sam_1478.jpg   wire tuck engine bay??-sam_1479.jpg   wire tuck engine bay??-sam_1477_2.jpg  

Old 10-06-13, 11:21 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

For those that have done it i want to ask a quick question. About how many wires are there and what size wires should i get? Im planning to get this done soon.

Quick Reply: wire tuck engine bay??