Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-10, 06:12 PM
Kip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling

Help please,my 93 sc400 has just started acting up. after it runs for a few minutes (15), it stalls and wont restart , i turn the ignition switch and it cranks and starts for a split second then stalls again,im not losing spark and i hear fuel pump run (thats not to say its making pressure havent tested yet),cant be a idle speed control motor bc i could at least keep it running if i kept the pedal mashed down,does any one know of a common issue similar to my prob?maybe MAF , plugged exhaust or ignition switch starting to fail.im sure ill figure it out ,as i am a certified ase tech for the last 20 years or so,but am looking for input on common issues befor i spend a bunch of my off time tinkering under the hood of my own car , hey how bout tps , well ill start testing and maybe some one will help me out, Thanks ALL.
Old 03-26-10, 07:39 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

did u ever get this fixed? im having the same exact issue now
Old 03-26-10, 11:01 PM
kijanajoms
Driver School Candidate

when i bought my sc 300 it would start up perfict then stall out. sometimes it would stay on but if i turned it off and back on again it would stall out. later i realised it would only start when the car was cold, the whole car though not the engine. i took it to an auto electrician and after a day of testing they found a bad fuel controle sensor or meter, anyway it was behind the armrest on the back seat drivers side. we took that panal off and it was a silver electrical part with cooling vents, one small bolt and one wire harnest plugged into it. it would only work when it was cold so i unplugged it and kept it in my fridge untill i bought a new one.
Old 03-27-10, 07:58 AM
Kip
Driver School Candidate

well, i started testing and found my tps was set correctly and had no drop outs,cleaned my air flow meter and t-body,verified exhaust wasnt plugged and as cheap as i found it brand new went ahead and replaced the main efi relay. let the heap run for a while expecting it to act up , and NOTHING! ran and drove for hours without even a hickup. i was waiting to see if when it failed i could do the ol jumping of terminal fp to b+ but it never acted up, so its either fixed or its messing with me, waiting to mess up when i decide to take family on a 100 mile trip then f@%k up. For some reason in leaning towards a bad fuel pump voltage module.i guess only time will tell. ill keep u guys pposted