Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

hi-comp na-t build thread?.....well so far thats the plan.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 03:25 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast spool na-t build thread?.....well so far thats the plan.

OK so I ended picking up a stock 5 speed 92 sc300... the exterior is almost perfect! Aside from the rub on the front bumper theres no scraches or dents! Its kinda wierd going from a auto that makes 460hp/530tq to this. lol well here it is!

The interior needs some love. the steering wheel is all hash and the right door handle and window reg. are broken.

So far mods are h.i.d's,greddy shift **** (not done by me)

Future plans are...... tein flex coilovers(hopefully),havent decided on rims yet,origin roof wing,I already have a spoiler like fenderrubs, a lip kit AND

Last but not least na-t. Im thinking of a mhg,to4z,quickspool valve,log style exaust manifold,intercooler,close to stock size mhg,and supporting mods(bc,fuel up grades,stand alone,ect.

Well thats the plan.... lmk what you guys think of the na-t set up.

Last edited by turbo7m; 04-13-10 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-13-10, 12:50 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

Progress! I was able to get ahold of some slightly used tein flexes! Ill be putting them on with tomorrow. Im stoked to be slammed. Now the search for wheels so I dont look so gay.
Old 04-13-10, 12:56 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Car looks nice, good luck with the build. building a high compression na-t will be difficult. you will need a standalone to push high amounts of boost with stock compression and even then detonation will be knocking at your door (get it, knocking). use a TT headgasket and call it a day, its a trade off thats worth it in the end.
Old 04-13-10, 01:40 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

Ya Ive been thinking about it more and more and I could do without the high compression. Also thinking of going smaller to a to4s as well. That should make up for not having hi-compression.
Old 04-13-10, 02:00 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by turbo7m
Ya Ive been thinking about it more and more and I could do without the high compression. Also thinking of going smaller to a to4s as well. That should make up for not having hi-compression.
well with lower compression you can run more boost safely, so i wouldn't be so quick to downsize that turbo. the 2jz has good displacement, it won't take too much of a hit with the TT gasket, and it will more than make up for it when you get into boost.
Old 04-13-10, 02:41 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

Well Im going smaller cause Im only shooting for 400whp. The to4s would be just fine.
Old 04-20-10, 01:17 AM
turbo7m
Rookie

S.O.B! I ended up having to cut off the endlinks yesterday and already have new ones. Buuuutt then today i tried to take off the endlink mount and friggin ended up snapping both bolts on one side!! Right now I'm gonna say screw it and buy some supra lca's and new bolts. FML a couple hour job turned into a week job.
Old 04-20-10, 05:56 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

60-1, Cometic oversized headgasket, extra fuel pump and piggyback it (use a Map ECU2)- there is absolutely no reason to need a standalone for 400hp.
Old 04-21-10, 04:44 PM
DrakeMK3
Driver

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
60-1, Cometic oversized headgasket, extra fuel pump and piggyback it (use a Map ECU2)- there is absolutely no reason to need a standalone for 400hp.
Except if you want the car to run like it came from the factory with a turbo.
Old 04-23-10, 11:58 AM
turbo7m
Rookie

so Just a question. Are the endlink mount/strut mount bolts reverse thread?
Old 04-23-10, 12:53 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

youre not supossed to take off that endlink mount bracket to the LCA. the reason why is its gauranteed to break if its the original part. at least thats what I was told.
they get rusty, they are huge, and the toyo techs do not ever take that part off.
I almost did the exact same thing cause my swar bar links were rusted on and I couldn't get them off. solution... took a grinder and grinded em off and pick up a spare set.
I got to give thanks to quickgs for warning me cause I was thinking of using my breaker bar on em. endlinks are drastically cheaper than the LCA, and might as well have new endlinks.

the right way to do it is to disconnect the sway bar links from the mount if you can (or cut them off), remove the strut mount bolt, pop the lower ball joint and you can swap out that arm. good luck
Old 04-23-10, 02:19 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

Dang.. I wish I knew that last week(or used my head tothink of that). Thanks for the heads up Ali. Good thing I only did one side.
Old 04-27-10, 03:54 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

Done!!! I gotta remember that I'm driving a lowered car again. I already hit a curb and bottomed out on a speed bump.

Old 04-29-10, 12:50 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

So I ended up cleaning up my room yesterday and pretty much found my fuel setup. fuel rail with 550's,gte impedence box, and two walbros..... Man my room was messy.

Old 05-19-10, 04:41 PM
turbo7m
Rookie

So ive been looking for a log style manifold to no avail. If anyone comes across something like this phr one for N/A's lmk.

Last edited by turbo7m; 05-19-10 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: hi-comp na-t build thread?.....well so far thats the plan.