Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-t she woke up this morning

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 10:21 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I am having the machine shop check everything and will replace whatever is necessary.
Old 04-05-11, 10:37 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You know i think you caught yours on time because if you think about it all these guys with blown gte block propably had the same issue but didn't know or didn't catch it in time.
Old 04-05-11, 10:41 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Who knows, maybe you're right. It seems like spun bearing is the #1 mode of failure on a gte bottom end. Could be due to open clearances and tired oil pumps. I do know that the cold start rattle makes me cringe every time. Hopefully a rebuild solves that as well
Old 04-05-11, 11:40 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

do you have a video of said cold start rattle?
Old 04-05-11, 12:10 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

No. If it still does it after the rebuild I will post it up :P
Old 04-08-11, 06:28 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Update
TRD parts just came in TRD Strut bar, TRD Sway bar kit front and rear.
Radiator came in, just waiting on TT suspension strut and shock, and my favorite wheels you know what im talking about!!

Still Waiting on steering rack bushing, Tie rods inner and outer, TT rear subframe bushings, rear diff bushing, Sway bar links front and rear.

Still debating if should order some TT LCA or just rebuild mine, but will find out this weekend.

Paint is done i need to pick up the parts from the bodyshop tomorrow i will try to get some pics.
Old 04-08-11, 06:59 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Update
TRD parts just came in TRD Strut bar, TRD Sway bar kit front and rear.
Radiator came in, just waiting on TT suspension strut and shock, and my favorite wheels you know what im talking about!!

Still Waiting on steering rack bushing, Tie rods inner and outer, TT rear subframe bushings, rear diff bushing, Sway bar links front and rear.

Still debating if should order some TT LCA or just rebuild mine, but will find out this weekend.

Paint is done i need to pick up the parts from the bodyshop tomorrow i will try to get some pics.
TT LCA or just rebuild mine. How or what's the process for rebuilding the LCA. Also in for Pictures.

Last edited by TURBO819; 04-08-11 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-08-11, 07:38 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

What's up Kenny.. The rebuild is very time consuming haha i helped "Alisc' to rebuild his it's really not bad if you have all the time in world.
You will need to buy the daizen bushing kit or the bushing kit from jeg's which is the same.
I would post some pics just for you haha or just come on down and help me finish it this weekend.
Old 04-08-11, 07:50 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

wow lots of progress man, sorry i missed your call i will hit you back today, im waiting on steering rack bushings myself from tm engineering. my steering rack is seriously all over the place. hopefully i will get them they left my apt number off of the shipping address and im not even sure they have any in stock... i wish Jegs stocked the rack bushings like they do the LCA bushings.

TRD parts, interior, wheels, sounds like you might not part this one out when ur done.. JP well sorta.
Old 04-08-11, 08:25 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

I really haven't done much since i installed the engine and some interior parts been lazy lately don't know why but working on 4 projects right now ...you know how that goes.

I still haven't got the bushing from TM engineering i had to file a claim with PP.
I checked with Jeg's first and didn't have them for sale, but next time i will just order my stuff from MVP they have the R2 bushings in stock.

Ali i got attach to this car so much i don't know why, with the previous SCs i didn't care about suspension, wheels, interior, i just wanted to make 600HP and go race bikes but time it will be different i am trying to have the best of both just like "Cherplex".

I was calling you about the ECU, i am still going back and forth because i didn't wanna spend $1800.00 on AEM i would rather go with the V1 and just have 1 tune, and save $800.00 but now i can get the brand new V2 for 1440 shipped to my door but i am still debating on what to get.
My V1 worked great without any hiccups, i am just thinking about just sticking with it and keeping the cost down.

Call me when you get a chance later i will be free tonight , we have been getting alot rain this past couple days.
Old 04-08-11, 12:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I knew there was something up with tm engineering, they have no phone number, dont respond to emails ever, and it just says they recieved the shipping info and never says it ships. Im gonna do the same file dispute with paypal and order the r2 bushings before i steer myself into a wall one of these days. arent the r2 aluminum bushings, well see how that changes the ride.

I will def call you in a bit, i am swamped with some work but i will take a break soon.
Old 04-08-11, 12:19 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

TM sucks i will never ever buy nothing from them, i won't let anyone i know buy crap from them.
No phone number, no reply to my emails, why would i wanna buy parts from you if i can't call you in any case and you don't reply to my emails.. i want my money back.
I was on fire when i realise that they don't list their phone number on the internet..

Your bushing are that worn out lol ? mine are not that gone i just wanted to do while the motor was out but i didn't even get to .
i remembered we were talking about it after we drop your motor in after the HG replacement.

no problem bro whenever you free, no rush.
Old 04-12-11, 09:38 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Made some progress this weekend, installed the dash and dash harness,door panels,glove box, install the kit, rewire the foglights,tailights.
Removed the sway bar link yesterday,received the TT rear subframe mounts these will allow me to run the tT Trd rear sway bar.
Refinished the TT brakes brakes yesterday, i know i don't have pics lol but i just wanted to keep you guys posted on what's going on.
the car look amazing, inside and out.
Still waiting on parts, New TT shocks and springs, New TT front LCA, Black center console, gated Shifter, and new seats.
Old 04-12-11, 05:55 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Nice good to hear you doing everything right. I wish I started off with suspension etc but I to wanted to race bikes Keep us updated brother I bet she'll ride better than factory when your done
Old 04-13-11, 07:12 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

everything looks sweet bro but whats up with the gated shifter
you didn't go auto on us did you?

Quick Reply: Na-t she woke up this morning