Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-t she woke up this morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-11, 11:47 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah that
Old 05-21-11, 09:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

nice i hadn't seen that before. pricey but i bet that would take care of the problem if you know how to set it.
http://www.enjukuracing.com/stance-s...e-p-10460.html
I think im gonna reconnect the steering assist stuff and see if it feels better..
Old 05-22-11, 08:38 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
What's up with your car? i still got your shift ****

Yes that's exactly what i wanted, so i am pretty happy today..
The GS needed control arms, ball joints, converter, and now the timing belt and water pump is due again.
I am just waiting on the converter and timing belt and water pump stuff the suspension parts have been replaced spent about $2100 on suspension and tires.
The car has alot of miles 218k miles lol, so maybe Aristo swap in the next couple months hopefully after the SC is back on the road.
Speaking of which, I dropped off my car at a trusted mechanic. Turns out the actual distributor had a crack in it (not the cap but the actual distributor) He says that was why the engine would stall from time to time. I've been driving her for a few days now and haven't seen any strange idling issues.

So, I decided to get the full timing belt/waterpump service which included replacing all gaskets (valve covers too), plugs, wires, distributor, dist. cap, etc. Car feels like it has 30 more hp. My next project is to get new shocks and replace these sucky ebay rotors that warped and rusted after 8 months with some LS fronts and maybe tt rears. I also want to get new engine mounts and fix a small power steering leak. Maybe in 2012 I'll think about going NA-T once I get another daily.

I still want the shift ****! PM me and we can organize shipping or something.
Old 05-22-11, 10:15 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got some TEIN SS or CS and call it a day; and don't slam the living **** out of your car either.
Old 05-23-11, 07:21 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
nice i hadn't seen that before. pricey but i bet that would take care of the problem if you know how to set it.
http://www.enjukuracing.com/stance-s...e-p-10460.html
I think im gonna reconnect the steering assist stuff and see if it feels better..
Ali for the money i would spend to get that part i could just get some nice coilovers i think

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Speaking of which, I dropped off my car at a trusted mechanic. Turns out the actual distributor had a crack in it (not the cap but the actual distributor) He says that was why the engine would stall from time to time. I've been driving her for a few days now and haven't seen any strange idling issues.

So, I decided to get the full timing belt/waterpump service which included replacing all gaskets (valve covers too), plugs, wires, distributor, dist. cap, etc. Car feels like it has 30 more hp. My next project is to get new shocks and replace these sucky ebay rotors that warped and rusted after 8 months with some LS fronts and maybe tt rears. I also want to get new engine mounts and fix a small power steering leak. Maybe in 2012 I'll think about going NA-T once I get another daily.

I still want the shift ****! PM me and we can organize shipping or something.
Glad you got the car in tip top shape now.

Originally Posted by vntperform
Just got some TEIN SS or CS and call it a day; and don't slam the living **** out of your car either.
Val i don't like Tein i am thinking D2s.

I can't do much on the car for another 2 weeks, got 2 other members cars i am working on.Overhaulin the 1UZ and the other one i can't say much till the owner start his build thread on here
Old 05-23-11, 07:29 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo.. wth is with the pictures already..

Build thread with no pics is no bueno.. lol
Old 05-23-11, 04:01 PM
jh4ka7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea bro. She looks verrry nice! i'da posted her pics long ago if i were you!!! Let her shine
Old 05-23-11, 05:27 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Glad you got the car in tip top shape now.
I take it back, I drove in bumper to bumper traffic this morning and the car stalled 6 times. I had to baby her all the way in to the office with my foot on the gas and brake at the same time at all stop lights and when hitting heavy traffic. Kinda makes things tricky when you have a 5-speed too. I dropped it back off at the shop after work and got a rental car. Believe me, I will not be paying for labor on this repair since they didn't diagnose the issue which I specifically requested to have fixed. I spent A LOT of money at this shop last week (probably more than some people spend on their SC's to begin with) and I expect to have a car that can at least maintain idle. At least my rental car isn't half bad...I got a 2011 Mazda 3 (zoom zoom).
Old 06-04-11, 10:05 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Been collecting parts for the past couple days... and a picking up a new project .....
Old 06-08-11, 08:00 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Finally got my passenger side front caliper today after 2 weeks just got in my hand so i will be replacing that this weekend then take the car for a spin with the auto.
i have never driven a stock sc300 before so this is my first time!!!

I got BL manifold and i am thinking about running QSV , but you guys already know that you can't use qsv on divided manifold so i am installing a t4 ss spacer between the manifold and valve will that work ? i don't wanna buy the valve $499 and it won't work for me.. .. i don't wanna hack into the manifold.
what do you guys think i should do?

fuel pump i have a walbro intank and i have a bosch inline i am thinking about installing but got a great deal on fuelab 1800hp pump... i don't wanna max out my fuel system but i am kind of stuck right now on what i should do..

Turbo is on order should be here next week.
Old 06-08-11, 08:08 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

^^^May have to hack the manifold. What day you doing that brake stuff need to do mine too may just come up there and do it by you.
Old 06-08-11, 08:49 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Ok i guess no QSV or I might just get a cheap manifold then.

I am trying to finish the LS this weekend so yeah saturday will be a good day
With some coronas
Old 06-08-11, 09:54 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

^^^Ha ha you doing it by you in Moco? I prefer Royal Stout.
Old 06-08-11, 10:13 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I think you could use a spacer if its big enough like 1" or larger it would work fine.
flow wouldn't be perfect when the valve is closed but the valve is only closed down low, so 3 runners would be perfect and 3 would be a little restricted, but i bet its gonna spool that turbo fast enough for you to not notice/care about the restriction.
Old 06-08-11, 10:38 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cherplex
^^^Ha ha you doing it by you in Moco? I prefer Royal Stout.
No i will be down your way at Al's on saturday so it depend on when you wanna do yours if you wanna do it sunday i will be in Mocco but saturday i will be in Waldorf. Royal stout sounds great great

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I think you could use a spacer if its big enough like 1" or larger it would work fine.
flow wouldn't be perfect when the valve is closed but the valve is only closed down low, so 3 runners would be perfect and 3 would be a little restricted, but i bet its gonna spool that turbo fast enough for you to not notice/care about the restriction.
Do you think it's worth trying with this turbo? this is what i just ordered.
BorgWarner S300SX3 (aka S366 or S300 91/79)

Compressor
Housing: 4.00" Ported Anti-Surge inlet with 3.00" charge pipe outlet
Inducer: 66mm
Exducer: 91.4mm (Extended Tip Technology)

Turbine
Housing: .91 A/R Twin Scroll
Inducer: 73mm
Exducer: 80mm (Inconel)
Turbine Outlet - 3.5" v band

I think it would be overkill for this turbo specially with the compression and E85, i know it will be fun QSV but i don't want my car to feel like stock twin gte, i want i little bit of lag.

Quick Reply: Na-t she woke up this morning