Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-t she woke up this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 08:55 PM
TumblerZ30
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Sup Alex how is the W58 holding up lol ? Did you get the new Clutch?
No the compression will not be the same, i really wanted to keep it the same but i had a spare HKS 2MM HG so i decided to use it , and wanna make the maximum power i can on Pump.
I will miss the 9.2.1 CR , i will try the 8.5.1 and see how that goes if i don't like it it will coming off in a couple of weeks.

Did the wiring yesterday I wanna thank "AliSC3" and "Balconnell" for all their help, specially Balconnell for letting me use his house anytime i want!!! I mean anytime it doesn't matter.
The engine is going back in today afterwork, i will upload the pics by the end of the day.
Not much man just trying to knockout my to do list for the car little by little. I just started dyeing the interior black this past weekend and will be installing subframe bushings w/ Powered by max collars and solid diff mounts this weekend. Surprisingly the clutch has held up extremely well especially considering the hell I've put it through when the roads are wet I get sideways every chance I get. Next on the to do list a clutch and front main seal. Good luck with the build and post some videos please!
Old 08-30-10, 09:57 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I will miss the 9.2.1 CR , i will try the 8.5.1 and see how that goes if i don't like it it will coming off in a couple of weeks.
I was reading the vvti head adds a little more compression than the regular ge head, so you may be pretty close to 9:1 now. something like .4 higher maybe?
Old 08-31-10, 01:05 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I was reading the vvti head adds a little more compression than the regular ge head, so you may be pretty close to 9:1 now. something like .4 higher maybe?
Ali" if that the case then that's great and it's started to make sense to me why i blew the HG it's because the CR is still high and i was hitting 24lbs on 93 Octane it should not been an issue.

I got the engine in last night around 12am it was a b&*& to do by myself but i did and i slipped the DS hoke in the trans at the same time so i won't have to remove the DS from the Diff and try to install it later so i kill 2 birds with one stone
Old 08-31-10, 03:01 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Ali" if that the case then that's great and it's started to make sense to me why i blew the HG it's because the CR is still high and i was hitting 24lbs on 93 Octane it should not been an issue.

I got the engine in last night around 12am it was a b&*& to do by myself but i did and i slipped the DS hoke in the trans at the same time so i won't have to remove the DS from the Diff and try to install it later so i kill 2 birds with one stone
yeah, that could help explain why it blew out, the good news is if that is the case then your new setup should be just right with the 2 mm.
you managed to drop it in and slip in the DS at the same time? props man that is really nice, i remember when i tried to do it i just smashed my finger
Old 09-02-10, 09:17 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Lol i know and that was the first time i did it like that bart and I usually remove the DS when the engine goes back in.
I didn't even get a chance to clean the engine again.

I got new oil return line made yesterday, new 5"clamps for my Turbo.
Install the Injectors yesterday i am so happy i won't have to worry about wiring a resistor pack.
The intake manifold was installed last night, should be done with the car by this week end i am only working on it about 2hrs a day.

The Turbo Blanket will not fit under the TB lol too big, i will solve this issue today.
Old 09-02-10, 09:59 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

sounds like good progress. lol squeeze that blanket under there!! put it on the turbo first and then get the pipe on after.
Old 09-02-10, 10:23 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

That's exactly what i am going to do.

The injector clips were PITA, because i forgot to do that part while the harness was out...
Old 09-03-10, 06:29 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Installed the WG, Intercooler piping i had to redo it made it look cleaner and better,DP,Turbo Blanket,Intake manifold,fuel lines.
Trans fluid will be going in today, engine oil,antifreeze,bleed the clutch, check for leaks , bleed cooling system, them change my fuel map.
Old 09-03-10, 06:54 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You going back with the same clutch?
Old 09-03-10, 08:59 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
You going back with the same clutch?
Yes till i get my V160, I love this clutch and i should be fine on low Boost.
I like the clutch setup i drive my car atleast 3 times to work and i don't have any issues or hate the setup.
I am rebuilding a new block, if this ever happen before the V160 i will just buy a GTE with 6 Speed swap.
I thought about getting a Twin Disc Clutch but it's not worth me spending $2700.00 for an R154 Clutch, i rather buy a V160 because it will be needed for my power anyway.
I love the R154 i really don't wanna get ride of it but i don't wanna spend the money on twin disc clutch for an R.
My Friend got me a good deal on a Spec twins Disc Clutch but I hate Spec it's junk so i decided not to get it.
Old 09-03-10, 09:38 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I hear ya there man. You are in that power range where it's going to hurt the pocket any way you go. I don't blame you for wanting to hold out and go V160.

When you go V160 are you going to go twin disk, or heavy single like you have now?
Old 09-03-10, 10:10 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

With the V160 i will get Twin Disc either RPS or Carbonetic.

I have never thought i will get deep into the Boosted world, I have never thought about Buying a 6speed till last month lol.

How is you car coming along?
Old 09-03-10, 10:42 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I have been following your projects from the basic 1jz swap to your latest monster in the making. I am impressed by how much you have learned about these cars, especially the wiring. Good luck on the V160 swap!

My car is coming along slowly. I am waiting on some parts for the swap such as oil pump and valve cover o-rings. I am pulling the GE out this weekend and prepping the car for the GTE.
Old 09-03-10, 02:10 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

It has been 2years now lol since i started to mess with SCs, lol 1JZ.....i didn't even like the 1JZ at that time my buddy put some pressure on me and some people told me the Na-T will never run right blah blah blah
I went and bought the 1JZ but i had to go back to my original plan Na-T haha.

If you need any help with wiring or replacing some parts let me know, i will help you.
The Aristo Wiring is not that bad i have done a couple of them, it's just alot of time consuming....
Old 09-03-10, 02:32 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Yeah I appreciate that very much sir Wiring I think is going to be interesting and possibly even fun. I can't wait to get the motor pulled out and start moving towards reassembly. Pulling stuff apart week after week gets discouraging. I want to see some forward progress.

Quick Reply: Na-t she woke up this morning