Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

official 1jz vvti parts thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-10, 09:34 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
nice ur engine bay is looking so bad *** whats custom about ur fuel system? and I love the turbo mani how much did it run u if u dont mind me asking
the fuel system has a walbro fuel pump, custom stock fuel rail,aeromotive fuel presure regulator, and custom tephlon fuel lines. the manifold and downpipe with parts and labor including jetcoating was $1400. The turbo was $1100 shipped. The fuel system was $800.
Old 07-01-10, 05:08 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright another question on this VVTi swap. Do simple things such as water pump, oil pump, A/C compressor, and powersteering pump interchangable between the regular NON VVTi 1J/2J blocks ? Or does everything have to be 1JZ VVTi specific ?
Old 07-01-10, 11:55 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright another question on this VVTi swap. Do simple things such as water pump, oil pump, A/C compressor, and powersteering pump interchangable between the regular NON VVTi 1J/2J blocks ? Or does everything have to be 1JZ VVTi specific ?
vvti is specifi as far as i know but like i told everyone else same as dave told me this swap has custom written all over it. i think personally if we are all going to go $%$ %^^&^$ ###$%^ &^&$^& @$^^& ((*&%&%. ill pm u on ********

Last edited by t70 supra; 07-01-10 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-01-10, 02:57 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

that was 3 lols in one sentence!
Old 07-01-10, 03:20 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

the thing with this swap is that alot of the parts you need can be used from the 2jz nat motor. ie, ac, power steering, so on and so fourth. the oil filter is the same as the 2jznat. the injectors are top feed high impedance injectors. these are the same injectors the is300 uses. if you need injectors, order them for a is300. alot of the is300 stuff can be used on the 1jvvti. if the is300 stuff doesny work, then the supra stuff will. im trying to see if the performance cams from an is300 will work in this engine ie crower cams.
Old 07-01-10, 03:29 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t70 supra
my thing is this i think once we swap were going to leave all those old 1jz in the past lol trend setting lol but u better be ready to pay to play this motor isnt cheap to tune lol
with any swap its going to be expensive. you are going into uncharted waters with this motor. im the first is300 in south florida to do the swap not to mention running a custom manifold. there is nothing in my car thats "off the shelf". With that said its going to cost more.The older 1jz is older technology but people still use the motor because its tried and true. i havent had any problems tunning my car, but im running a full plug and play apexi power fc standalone with the software. If you have a shop who knows what they are doing and a good tuner this motor should be nothing to play with.
Old 07-01-10, 07:06 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

i'm thinking by "2jz nat" you mean 2jzgte.
Old 07-01-10, 08:38 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
the thing with this swap is that alot of the parts you need can be used from the 2jz nat motor. ie, ac, power steering, so on and so fourth. the oil filter is the same as the 2jznat. the injectors are top feed high impedance injectors. these are the same injectors the is300 uses. if you need injectors, order them for a is300. alot of the is300 stuff can be used on the 1jvvti. if the is300 stuff doesny work, then the supra stuff will. im trying to see if the performance cams from an is300 will work in this engine ie crower cams.
So you are saying that YES parts from the regular 2J/1J's are interchangable on the vvti models when it comes to the Water pump, oil pump, and power steering pump?. I am not talking about upgraded parts for performance i am just looking at this swap right now from a maintenance point of view. I just want to know if any of the parts i mentioned would go bad do I need to order the VVTi specific part most prob from japan or will a USDM counter part suit. I mean if you can bolt up a R154 and use a 2J oil pan the blocks gotta be similar right ?

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 07-01-10 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-02-10, 08:48 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

what i have found is that most of the stuff on the block (so far) is interchangeable between the 1jzgte and 2jzgte. the head stuff seems to be very similar between the VVTi heads.

this engine seems to just be a collaboration of the:
1jzGTE, 2jzGTE (a lot of stuff bolted to the block is the same as 1jz vvti)
2jzGE VVTi (a lot of the cylinder head stuff and ignition system is the same as 1jz vvti)
Old 07-02-10, 09:40 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

So you are saying that YES parts from the regular 2J/1J's are interchangable on the vvti models when it comes to the Water pump, oil pump, and power steering pump?. I am not talking about upgraded parts for performance i am just looking at this swap right now from a maintenance point of view. I just want to know if any of the parts i mentioned would go bad do I need to order the VVTi specific part most prob from japan or will a USDM counter part suit. I mean if you can bolt up a R154 and use a 2J oil pan the blocks gotta be similar right ?
all the patrs are interchangeable when it comes to basic maintnance. most if not all usdm parts will work. no worries
Old 07-02-10, 11:41 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
all the patrs are interchangeable when it comes to basic maintnance. most if not all usdm parts will work. no worries
thats good to know it makes this swap a little more doable
Old 07-02-10, 11:51 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats good to know it makes this swap a little more doable
I would get the whole set up and just use the USE what u need off the engine because it will cost you more when you try to buy the rest of the parts here and there.
Old 07-02-10, 11:56 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickGS300
I would get the whole set up and just use the USE what u need off the engine because it will cost you more when you try to buy the rest of the parts here and there.

huh ? LoL ..... nah I would obviously buy the whole entire swap but if I do I would like to be able to change the maintanence parts off the engine such as timing belt, water pump/oil pump and seals if needed. BTW I seen some of the VVTi swaps for sale with 5-speed trannys is that a w58 or R154 ?
Old 07-02-10, 12:07 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As long as the are GTE's they are R154s.
Old 07-02-10, 12:15 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickGS300
As long as the are GTE's they are R154s.
thats what i think or thought but i have seen a few (non vvti versions) that specify they are w58 trans ??????????? But the VVti versions it dosent state what exacly the 5-speed is

Quick Reply: official 1jz vvti parts thread