Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

official 1jz vvti parts thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-10, 10:16 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Dex!! Time for those cams to really wake it up..
Old 09-28-10, 10:33 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry if I missed it, I did skim through the thread, but is the VVTI bottom end the same as the old non-VVTI? In other words, what is the power potential on stock bottom end parts with these motors?
Old 09-28-10, 11:01 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

the bottom is is the sam as regular 1jz same crank rods pistions and berings and all
Old 09-28-10, 11:40 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Looking good Dex!! Time for those cams to really wake it up..
just trying to be like you jerome
Old 10-14-10, 12:36 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

updated with part numbers
Old 11-02-10, 06:20 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so, i figured out the AC after a little testing last night.
the Blue/Red wire on plug A, it pulls to ground with the A/C switch to ON.

ALSO, when the Chaser ecu sees a ground at the AC pin (signal input so it knows to raise the idle) it puts out +12v to the ACMG pin (out to the AC relay)
THIS IS BACKWARDS FROM THE LEXUS ECU (the Lexus ecu grounds pin ACMG, which grounds the AC relay).

so i just ran the ac switch wire from the climate control down to the ECU (to ground that pin and raise the idle) and tee'd the wire up to also ground the AC relay. it's perfect.

*contributing more to the people who couldn't find all the hidden Chaser ecu information*

Last edited by cartmill; 11-02-10 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-13-10, 08:44 AM
BoostedSC3
Rookie

wow i kinda feel bad for totally missing this thread.. Been running the VVTi motor almost a year now, Running GE A/C, and oil pan. Damn near everything is interchangeable. I'm actually in the works with a "cough" asian company right now to get a vvt-i turbo mani made, although if someone had a stock manifold sitting around i could have that would greatly aid in the process.

For anyone on the fence about the swap, it is no compromises, my buddy has a stock twin 1j. I pull him from start to go the down low torque is great.

My car was the first to get the auto trans to work correctly ( every gear holdable with the shifter) in the country and i think i have only found one other so far that is right.
Any questions about VVTi's i can't tell you enough to call grip-industries in melbourne fl.

They have been playing with the vvti's since 06 and have swapped a number of IS's, SC's , cressidas, E46's. All of them. They will get you all the information you need to know.
Old 12-13-10, 08:53 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedSC3
wow i kinda feel bad for totally missing this thread.. Been running the VVTi motor almost a year now, Running GE A/C, and oil pan. Damn near everything is interchangeable. I'm actually in the works with a "cough" asian company right now to get a vvt-i turbo mani made, although if someone had a stock manifold sitting around i could have that would greatly aid in the process.

For anyone on the fence about the swap, it is no compromises, my buddy has a stock twin 1j. I pull him from start to go the down low torque is great.

My car was the first to get the auto trans to work correctly ( every gear holdable with the shifter) in the country and i think i have only found one other so far that is right.
Any questions about VVTi's i can't tell you enough to call grip-industries in melbourne fl.

They have been playing with the vvti's since 06 and have swapped a number of IS's, SC's , cressidas, E46's. All of them. They will get you all the information you need to know.
So Grip can instal and wire up a full 1J VVTi swap with auto trans no problems ? Got any pics of ur setup ?

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 12-13-10 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-13-10, 09:47 AM
BoostedSC3
Rookie

I have pics on my facebook but can't access it at work, If you facebook.com/blacktransam i believe, they are in there and in the build process..

call them up.. bob is a wealth of knowledge and pete could wire anything..

and yes i have full control over my auto and anyone in the orlando/apopka area who wants a ride is more than welcome.
Old 12-13-10, 11:48 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the drive shaft set up like for this swap ? Or is it a custom made one, also Dex u said u want to make 500 on this swap is that on a fully stock engine or u plan on building the bottome end sometime soon ?
Old 12-13-10, 06:48 PM
BoostedSC3
Rookie

i used a stock drive shaft, but i believe they used the output shaft from my oe trans
Old 01-15-11, 11:15 AM
adam8103
Pole Position

anyone has the wiring diagram for the body connectors (located on passenger side close to ecu) for vvti swap to an 92 sc300

since i parted out all my project i am interrested in installing 1jzvvti in shell since it does not sell. from what i heard boddy plugs are not the same... havent seen wire harness yet
Old 01-18-11, 03:02 PM
xtravagant
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know what the "turbo oil drain gasket" number is? Couldnt find it in this thread! Thanks
Old 01-29-11, 01:12 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

updated as of today i have found full screamer pips and a full turbo back exhaust so if anyone needs 1 pm me
Old 02-10-11, 05:32 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/c0e9ffb0.jpgIntake ports are the same as non VVTi. You can use a non vvti lower and fuelrail for a cheap injector upgrade. I'm using this setup with mk4 550cc injectors because I snagged them with the rail and lower intake for $200. Aristo 440s can be had for usually less than a bill all day. I'm also using the driftmotion 1j heatshield gasket. If you buy the eBay manifold it will require some work. It's fairly sloppy inside. You can make an adapter for the stock 1jvvti exclusive flange to a t3 relatively easy, but since the vvti is a bottom mount manifold stock, you are limited to space depending on your application. Always measure before you drop cash. Also, you can use the later model 1uz maf sensor in place of the stock, iirc it's even the same part number. But any late model Toyota could probably work as long the pin functions on the Maf are matched to the ones on the ecu. A little de/repinning never hurt anybody. As for the person that asked the is300 dude about the custom fuel system, completely disregard him unless you are doing this to an is300 or a vehicle originally equipped with a returnless system. Fuel upgrades will be the same as any previous series jzgte.
Name:  1766f835.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  83.6 KB

Last edited by Vrank; 02-10-11 at 05:40 AM.

Quick Reply: official 1jz vvti parts thread